Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Our local forest supervisor was into ATV's and motos. We have some of the heaviest restrictions on motorized use in the country.

Once again, your Canadian experiences aren't all that relevant.
    One data point, claims fact. Brilliant. You're disregarding anythong that would suggest otherwise. Bias again. You only need to look in the past to see that cyclists in a position of power has equaled greater access. Youre refusal to admit that "fact" doesn't help your arguement.
    Hey i just remembered, didnt gravitylover try to attend an advocacy/trail access meeting as was told to leave. One data point but could that be an issue?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    No matter how dumb you want to play it, in the good ole US-of-A, Hikers and Horse people hate anything with 2 wheels, factor in a motor and you are the fucking Anti-Christ. That is a fact, Jack.
    Yup.

"Motors make baby jesus cry." - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    We have access, same trails that you're riding.
    Nobody's enforcing, just like they are not enforcing illegal trails.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    That's an excellent and sustainable strategy.

Sounds like a great plan to encourage someone doing enforcement, and restricting access. Are all ebikers this clueless and entitled?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

If I had no opinion about e-bikes before reading this thread, grinch has singlehandedly made me hate them. Congrats dude. You are succeeding wildly at doing the exact opposite of your stated intention.

Your turn Rod. Its pretty ez though

Comon grinch, you live 105miles from the border, so in uninhabited land as far as things go. I'm over 260miles from the border. No one cares about emtb here. At all. ATVs's only get restricted due to sensitive ecosystems (alpine or riparian/wetland) or hunting, and the horsy folks prefer the old wagon roads anyways. There's greater angst between heli-ski operators, sledders, and caribou, than anything on wheels.
    While I can appreciate the humour in your position, I can also empathize the argument getting stale. Leave these guys their social dilemma to solve, and pray they remain south of the 49th when the border reopens. We won't have the issue here for another 20yrs., by which time something else will take precedent. It is interesting to see the progression down south though.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Comon grinch, you live 105miles from the border, so in uninhabited land as far as things go. I'm over 260miles from the border. No one cares about emtb here. At all. ATVs's only get restricted due to sensitive ecosystems (alpine or riparian/wetland) or hunting, and the horsy folks prefer the old wagon roads anyways. There's greater angst between heli-ski operators, sledders, and caribou, than anything on wheels.
    While I can appreciate the humour in your position, I can also empathize the argument getting stale. Leave these guys their social dilemma to solve, and pray they remain south of the 49th when the border reopens. We won't have the issue here for another 20yrs., by which time something else will take precedent. It is interesting to see the progression down south though.
    Ya thats probably best. Theyre still self serving and ignoring the past though. Its just bikes. Bigger fish to fry these days for all of us i guess. Must be ocd or sumpin, i can't resist an ez smash

Just think if you lived in AK. Less population density than BC, yet emtbs are subject to the same USFS rules as the lower 48. You Canadians would really freak out if you lived there with all their wilderness areas off limits to all bikes, sleds, illegal skiing huts.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    i can't resist an ez smash

let us know when you score one.

One data point, claims fact. Brilliant. You're disregarding anythong that would suggest otherwise. Bias again. You only need to look in the past to see that cyclists in a position of power has equaled greater access. Youre refusal to admit that "fact" doesn't help your arguement.
    Hey i just remembered, didnt gravitylover try to attend an advocacy/trail access meeting as was told to leave. One data point but could that be an issue?

You do realize that a data point is a fact, right? Data, is a collection of facts? Ez smash, who’s winning now genius. What a maroon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You guys are leakin! I was just about to open you up!! Bigtime! Just be glad the voice of reason(bcmthound) stepped in to save your sorry asses. My next post was to be straight up FIRE!!
    Was feeling like i barged onto the short bus and palming foreheads to all the slow learning. That shit aint cool. Shouldnt be bullying the slow kids. I felt bad

Dude. I know you like to think you were, but you weren't.

You were approaching Grampa Simpson territory, to be frank.

Easy question, do you hunt or fish? Do you have a hunting or fishing license?

If so, why?

Another US-of-A peculiarity, that some rules are just suggestions or maybe guidelines or they only apply when a cop is around or when it doesn't fuck with your program.

Have a great day.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

You guys are leakin! I was just about to open you up!! Bigtime! Just be glad the voice of reason(bcmthound) stepped in to save your sorry asses. My next post was to be straight up FIRE!!
    Was feeling like i barged onto the short bus and palming foreheads to all the slow learning. That shit aint cool. Shouldnt be bullying the slow kids. I felt bad

Are you having a seizure?

The self-own is just astounding.

^^LOL

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Damn bro. How is the eMTB access thread the most heated lol.
    First it was "I don't need those suspension forks" then you didn't need 9 speeds or disc brakes. "Really, 2.4 tires?" then "fat?!" and OMG fkn 27.5. Now it's E. This too shall pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Easy question, do you hunt or fish? Do you have a hunting or fishing license?

If so, why?

Another US-of-A peculiarity, that some rules are just suggestions or maybe guidelines or they only apply when a cop is around or when it doesn't fuck with your program.

Have a great day.
    There are laws that should not be obeyed.

USFS proposed rule to revamp eMTB access (Sept. 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ^^LOL

First it was "I don't need those suspension forks" then you didn't need 9 speeds or disc brakes. "Really, 2.4 tires?" then "fat?!" and OMG fkn 27.5. Now it's E. This too shall pass.
    I’d agree with most of this; I’ve worked on and ridden mountain bikes since 1986, and embraced/adopted many, many “firsts” and fads, but so far draw the line at human powered.

Whether ebikers believe this factored into access decisions in the past, and won’t be a factor in the future, doesn’t really matter. There will be increased trail use and associated impact.

There’s been gradual begrudging acceptance of bicycles on hiking trails, but hikers are a strong lobby, and not usually big fans of sharing trails with motorized vehicles.
    Last edited by bendtheski; 10-12-2020 at 08:15 PM.

There’s been gradual begrudging acceptance of bicycles on hiking trails, but hikers are a strong lobby, and not usually big fans of sharing trails with anyone else, including other hikers.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    If I had no opinion about e-bikes before reading this thread, grinch has singlehandedly made me hate them. Congrats dude. You are succeeding wildly at doing the exact opposite of your stated intention.
    This!! Went out for my evening ride as we just got rain and holy shit the single track rode like I was on rails!!

Anyways while riding I pondered this subject and I realized that I didn’t have a negative bias on eMTB prior to reading Grinch’s blabberings in the Ebike thread and in this one. As more and more mags brought forth true facts to prompt a thoughtful discussion he would simply fire back his opinions and over time has completely disregarded all the concern and only became more emboldened!!

It’s disgusting; and, while I know there are sound minds in the eMTB community grinch has certainly done them no justice.

TAKE A LAP!

There are laws that should not be obeyed.

Why should I ride my dirt bike on motorized trails only, should I disobey those rules?

Here's one big reason: The local club raised $60k over the last 5 years. In comparison, they got grants to build non-motorized trail for about $180k. When you cost us the ability to get the next big grant, and therefore 75% of funding, are you going to pay up or will you just freeload somewhere else?
    Last edited by livefreerdie; 10-12-2020 at 08:41 PM. Reason: missed quote

Haa soo butthurt. You were anti. Passive aggressive anti and fooling no one. You really hate emtb now only because you were continually proven wrong. Couldn't admit it but atleast you have company you can latch on to. Couldn't care less if any of you ever ride one. I pegged you from before your first post. Apparently dead on too. Thanks for clarifying

Nope, not anti-eMTB in the least; as stated above I’ll likely own one at some point.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

But but the environment? No wait!?!? The collisions? No wait!?!? The injuries? I lost track , and i guess you did too, on which cause you latched on.
    Just so youre clear what exactly were those facts yoi spoke of that you agreed with?