Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    If Evergreen is currently receiving NOVA money to build a trail on USFS and that money is earmarked for "non-motorized" trail building, a blanket ebikes are "non-motirized" label could jeopardize that funding, correct? If Evergreen gets their way, they could continue to use the NOVA non-motorized money for the non-motorized trail on USFS with the assumption that the trail would stay that way. Down the road, maybe the USFS would allow Class 1 on that trail, but the trail would have already been built and that decision would come down the road after a NEPA analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    If Evergreen is currently receiving NOVA money to build a trail on USFS and that money is earmarked for "non-motorized" trail building, a blanket ebikes are "non-motirized" label could jeopardize that funding, correct?
    That seems true. But if the USFS is going trail by trail (and it seems that's what everyone wants, since it makes the most sense--hell, if that one thing happens it would be a step forward for all of us) then the critical decision is whether e-bikes get access to a given trail as to whether that trail can get funding. As you mentioned, that's either funded already or a point to be negotiated before it does and that's true no matter what they're called.

Bicycles and motorcycles are clearly the same. Both rely solely on human energy and mechanical advantage for forward motion.

Name:  iphone_first_download_492_400x400.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  43.6 KB

They still aren't allowed in wilderness areas, where horses are welcome along with hikers. An eHorse is just a horse, of course.

Cars should be put into either motorized (electric) or enginized (gas) categories. Just keep them off the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    At the turn of the century people started putting motors on bicycle's They called them motor cycles
    Today we have cars with battery powered motors. Me call them cars and make no distinction from gas powered cars.

And maybe we are getting a bit carried away with rules. 10 years from now batteries will be so good you will have mountain bikes that generate 50 HP with almost indistinguishable power supplies.

If I had the means I would buy an stable a string of horses and lead them around all the wilderness trails camping where I please.
    This would be fun and a big fuck you to the MTBers and hikers

Evergreen and IMBA, as far as I can tell, are trying to avoid having to advocate against eMTB later. If a new trail system is to be built, there are a ton of funds that become unavailable if it gets designated motorized. Of course ebikers will push to have access and will not show up with a corresponding amount of money, they will want it to be a motorized trail so they get access. I brought this up a month ago.

The problem is almost bigger on DOI lands. E bikes have been exempted from ORV status in most situations, but not from motorized status. So it will be hard to prove whether or not ebikes will be allowed in any situation. The BLM gave a total cop out answer to my objection about this on page 36:
    https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/fi...ck_10.1.20.pdf

It could cause a race to see who gets the most funding. Current mtb trail funding sponsors vs emtb trail funding sponsors and they both end up with moarrrr.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

It doesn't matter what the haters are saying.

Class 1 e bikes will be legal everywhere mountain bikes are allowed. Guys, save your breath for important things.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    It doesn't matter what the haters are saying.

Class 1 e bikes will be legal everywhere mountain bikes are allowed. Too bad mountain bikes will begin to be more regulated and eliminated from many of the trails they used to be allowed. Guys, save your breath for important things like thanking me for reducing your access to trails.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    FIFY
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bunion nailed the edit.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Ignorance is bliss. Good luck with your losing battle shooting yourself in the foot
    #loosing

How about this definition
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/40/85.1703
    Sounds like time to move on, I can think of way bigger issues for MTB than this one.

Funny coming from a guy who poaches trails not open to e-bikes and excuses it by being low key.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Ha, works a little different in Nevada as far as "open vs not open" Time to pick up the marbles and go home.....

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    How about this definition
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/40/85.1703
    Sounds like time to move on, I can think of way bigger issues for MTB than this one.
    Yea, this is big brain time, positing a definition about highway vehicles. What's bigger, your quads or your brain? I'm guessing they are both feeble and unsatisfying.

Wonder if the USFS has their own definition of a motor vehicle and whether that includes an e-bike? no way of knowing i guess.

https://wsd-pfb-sparkinfluence.s3.am...Fed-2016-1.pdf

Ha, works a little different in Nevada as far as "open vs not open" Time to pick up the marbles and go home.....
    Just in case you're actually misinformed, and not being intentionally obtuse: USFS regulations don't change from one state to another. As a fellow NV resident (just a few miles away from you, actually), I hope you don't really think that federally owned land in NV is not subject to the same regulations as anywhere else. I know it seems like the Wild West sometimes, especially on BLM land, which is abundant here, buy there are rules, even if enforcement is rare.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quadzilla is a selfish idiot. Smug, entitled boomer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Haaahaa QuadZ lighting up the whiners. Soo good

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Quadzilla is a selfish idiot. Smug, entitled boomer.

Coming from this guy I take that as a compliment. He is the laughing stock of another forum, probably never seen a Ebike and what he learned about one was in a old Mechanics Illustrated Mag.

Coming from this guy I take that as a compliment. He is the laughing stock of another forum, probably never seen a Ebike and what he learned about one was in a old Mechanics Illustrated Mag.
    You’re an idiot dude. I’d be proud to be the laughing stock of Ttips. I’ve been on ebikes, I learned “all” about them. You morons act like it’s some unfathomable mystery about how they work. Let’s see, they have a motor and there are different types. Some are pedal assist and some have a throttle. Gee, that’s really hard to understand.

The vast majority of users use them because it makes riding easier. Some because they are unfit and some, like you, can’t face the fact that you’re aging.

You’d think a guy with the username Quadzilla wouldn’t need assist.

You’re an idiot dude. I’d be proud to be the laughing stock of Ttips. I’ve been on ebikes, I learned “all” about them. You morons act like it’s some unfathomable mystery about how they work. Let’s see, they have a motor and there are different types. Some are pedal assist and some have a throttle. Gee, that’s really hard to understand.

The vast majority of users use them because it makes riding easier. Some because they are unfit and some, like you, can’t face the fact that you’re aging.

You’d think a guy with the username Quadzilla wouldn’t need assist.

Ya, you think you know but you don't. Basically youre the idiot dude

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ya, you think you know but you don't. Basically youre the idiot dude

Oh really gimp? What part of my post wasn’t true? You’re just a selfish troll, a step beneath Queefzilla.

Oh really gimp? What part of my post wasn’t true? You’re just a selfish troll, a step beneath Queefzilla.

Triggered much macho man

Wait, who’s triggered? This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Keep responding, moran.

Its kind of where the conversation goes when you don't have any knowledge of whats being discussed. Im ok with it though. Keep going big guy. Youre winning

Serious question for grinch, queef and rod. Why do you guys like riding class 1 ebikes? Also, do you agree that they have an electric motor?