Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 529
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    "we propose a rule change to a rule that we don't enforce to begin with." -FS

    I see ebikes all over these days. No one is out there actively enforcing ebikes bans on certain trails, I've heard of no one getting issued a ticket for riding an ebike on a trail.
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Who is funding enforcement?
    Does anybody here have first hand knowledge of an e-biker actually getting fined? I see them all over the trails and when I say something about them not being allowed they fake like they didn't know and just keep riding. Rules without enforcement are meaningless.

    It's the other Golden Rule: The guy with the gold makes the rules. The industry lobby has gotten very powerful. On a recent new bike trail project in Silverton, CO on BLM land (which included a Travel Management Plan) when the project got to the finish line the Feds threw in the allowance of e-bikes, something that was not asked for by the applicant. Regardless of the "rules" e-bikes are the future and are about to be just classified as "bikes" for everything.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    11,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    That estimate if accurate represents 50-70% increase in speed. Keep in mind that you bought that bike to make it easier to climb. I am no Hinault or Armstrong but I enjoy climbing and 6-8 MPH is a very good pace when climbing on "steeper more raw backcountry trails"




    And on a logging road your estimate is also about 50-70% faster than the average P-biker.

    But that's OK because they have 2 wheels and are really the same.


    Luv ya
    my bad, *That was my speed the other day 6-8mph but the average was slower so an increase of 2-3mph. Logging roads im 18mph max on the flat(below limiter). Its not all rocks and roots but of course you'd take the absolute worse case scenerio because bias
    I answered/corrected all eluder's false statements. His brevity and paragraphs=my brebity and paragraphs
    Also, suck it. "It" = the facts jax

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by grinch; 10-03-2020 at 08:25 AM.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    11,569
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Word
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Brevity and paragraph spacing would probably help some people get their point across better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    50-70% faster and frequently an inexperienced user. What could go wrong?

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Grinch needs 50-70% more words to get his point across.

    Maybe if you added a bunch more words, your point would be better too. You should try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    TLDR
    Im like the daniel dale(also canadian) fact checking trump. Is a bigly job.

    You guys would be deebflection with the whataboutisms.

    In what thread on the tgrz do people not get called out for their wild innacuracies? These anti emtb threads , with their mass trail closure forecasting and nass collisions, arent based on any real facts or incidents and draw on zero references to whats happening in other countries.
    Its like cementhead telling us, in the trump thread, the john durham investigation will be released soon and they'll lock up the email lady, O, brennan , and uncover the hollywood child porn cabal eating pizza in the basement of the real location. The only difference is the cementheads out number the rationsl thinking fact based responder(s)
    Congratulations on forming your anti eeb cult. Keep sipping that gatorade.

    Also, a reminder that they'll be everywhere do you better come up with a plan. A rational plan but that might be a bridge too far for cultlife #branchEvidians


    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    8,689
    Iím looking forward to getting a moped, 5-6 years down the road, they are gonna be dialed in.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post

    It's the other Golden Rule: The guy with the gold makes the rules. The industry lobby has gotten very powerful. On a recent new bike trail project in Silverton, CO on BLM land (which included a Travel Management Plan) when the project got to the finish line the Feds threw in the allowance of e-bikes, something that was not asked for by the applicant. Regardless of the "rules" e-bikes are the future and are about to be just classified as "bikes" for everything.
    BLM allows ebikes anywhere pedal bikes are allowed. I'd bet they threw in the allowance at the last minute because the BLM rule on ebikes just came down last summer.

    Ebikes don't have a political lobby to speak of. Their lobbyist is IMBA, as much as anything. And having lots of money to throw at lobbying doesn't equal access - just ask Honda / Kawasaki / Suzuki / the blue ribbon coalition.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gapper Alley
    Posts
    78
    BLM hasn't released their proposed rule change yet, so any access they grant during travel planning is questionable.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    11,569
    BLM. It begs the comparison.
    ELM. Eeb lives matter!! We're being persecuted! Our non violent civil disobediance is merely riding a trail not harming anyone.

    Emtb sales in germany surpassed mtb sales last year. Id guess theyre 60+% of sales this year. Similar in italy. Not far behind is france and the uk. Aus and NZ are getting there. You no what land mass would be not far behind all that? Probably 3 years max for emtb sales to surpass mtb sales in N america.
    At 4 years the penny farthing mtb's will be seen as a nuisance. "Theyre always blocking the trails!!"
    "Ban them!!"
    You could make PFLM t shirts. Maybe channel your outrage into forming a club. Id suggest "the sierra mtb club". Nice ring to it!
    stravaevan is the mike vandeman of mtb and pinkdink(aka redsnapper) can double down on the environmental issues as the monica craver of mtb, obviously.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14,714
    BLM=Bureau of Livestock and Mining you dumb-shit: edit to add;.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 10-03-2020 at 03:28 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    11,569
    Thanks sunshine

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    8,204
    Grinch has the facts, all you fuckers shut up!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    11,569
    ^^^ this. Bump

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Nothing against horses here. Nice to see some smokin cowgirls on the trail. To each their own.
    I dont see where you get the "enormous dork" thing. Always a better look to have a dialed bike E or mtb than a mix match of pricey parts on an old bike......with probably a 150mm stem.
    Once again for the bizillionth time. Research bro. I burn more calories and gain more fitness on the eeb. Mtb inheretantly involves intervals. You want to ride trail on an mtb , youre doing intervals. Interval riding requires rest and days off. With the eeb ill ride days on end at endurance pace and put in an interval when i want. I may burn more calories in a day on the mtb but ill end up taking a day or 2 off. In a week on the eeb ill burn more on the emtb than the mtb, not to mention more vert , jumps and turns. I couldnt give af about training but i know it allows me to ride more and increase fitness so i can ride more. I may not gain as much explosive power or climbing speed but im not racing. I could do endurance pace to gain endurance fitness on a road bike but road bikes suck and id rather ride my endurance pace days on dirt and use the mode selector to keep me from interval or sprint zone to avoid burning out. No training schedule, just listen to my legs. Feel like pushing i take the mtb and it ends with some intervals because its mtb. Feel like laps or exploring its the emtb because endurance pace means i can ride long and recover faster to ride the next day. You need to compile the facts before you just throw out your impressions all willy nilly

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    True.
    I ride now 6 days a week, and on a180 mm front and rear, and a lot more downhill.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    8,204
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    ^^^ this. Bump

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Youíre like the Stephen Miller of Canada.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    I am not trying to say ebiking should be banned or anything but itís just not the same sport, if it was they wouldn't exist. I think they are fun and have a place just so thatís clear and some of that place includes were traditional bikes are allowed. Currently I feel like local land managers should make the call, although some are inept a blanket law will only hurt everyone at stake here. There are trails locally that allow bikes but no moto that I think it makes sense to allow them but there are also multi use trails close to town that I think are a bad Idea and would only lead to bikes as a whole being banned.

    Easier access and more users arenít always a good thing, I totally understand the entitled argument, but a line has to be drawn somewhere doesnít it? You may be safe on your ebike but not even all class 1 ebikes are the same, some have unpredictable thrust and an unskilled rider could cause some damage on a heavy bike easily. Just because you can control your ebike that doesnít mean every user can, just because yours is refined and manageable doesnít mean all on the market are, yes these are broad statements that could be extrapolated to traditional bikes but the whole purpose of ebikes is to broaden the access which intern brings in unexperienced riders potentially at speeds they shouldnít be. All I am saying is there isnít a simple answer and in the end its most likely all bikers, ebikers included are going to get screwed if we donít do this in an intelligent and thought out manner.
    There is a simple answer.
    Look at Europe where all class 1 are considered the same as regular mountain bikes.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    11,569
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Youíre like the Stephen Miller of Canada.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Your metaphors are weak bruh. Work on that please. Maybe use mine as a template
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    There is a simple answer.
    Look at Europe where all class 1 are considered the same as regular mountain bikes.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Bingo!

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    11,569
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    True.
    I ride now 6 days a week, and on a180 mm front and rear, and a lot more downhill.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Awesome! Keeps you on point for bagging those couloirs.
    Its nice to be able to drag the extra travel for plsy time on every down. Mine is 180f/165rcoil

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14,714
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    There is a simple answer.
    Look at Europe where all class 1 are considered the same as regular mountain bikes.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Great, seriously. As soon as the USFS, the BLM and all the other State parks and areas issue an official policy that Class-1 E-bikes are considered the same as regular bikes then I expect to see E-bikes sharing the non-motorized trails I ride currently.

    At that time.

    In the meantime they really should be following the rules. Call me old fashioned but a lot of the problems in this modern world stem from people thinking that rules don't apply to them.

    Edit to add: I would probably prefer that the Class-1s are treated as the same as P-bikes if only because if the USFS or BLM or other agencies have to deal with telling the difference between P-bikes and E-bikes their knee jerk may be to just say no bikes on some trails.

    So what happens when it comes to identifying the differences between a C1 from a C2 or C3?
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 10-03-2020 at 04:26 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Great, seriously. As soon as the USFS, the BLM and all the other State parks and areas issue an official policy that Class-1 E-bikes are considered the same as regular bikes then I expect to see E-bikes sharing the non-motorized trails I ride currently.

    At that time.

    In the meantime they really should be following the rules. Call me old fashioned but a lot of the problems in this modern world stem from people thinking that rules don't apply to them.

    Edit to add: I would probably prefer that the Class-1s are treated as the same as P-bikes if only because if the USFS or BLM or other agencies have to deal with telling the difference between P-bikes and E-bikes their knee jerk may be to just say no bikes on some trails.

    So what happens when it comes to identifying the differences between a C1 from a C2 or C3?
    Really, are you that law abiding?

    Hard to believe you never rode an illegal trail.

    You must be the only one in the US.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Awesome! Keeps you on point for bagging those couloirs.
    Its nice to be able to drag the extra travel for plsy time on every down. Mine is 180f/165rcoil

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yeah, used to be long travel is for lift served only.

    And I'm heading back to France in December for more couloirs.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14,714
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Really, are you that law abiding?

    Hard to believe you never rode an illegal trail.

    You must be the only one in the US.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it my failing that I try to follow rules. Too bad there are so many fucking assholes in this world who share your view.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    20,899
    Can we just knock people over if we see them riding their mopeds on non-motorized trails? Certainly we could laugh them away.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    11,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yeah, it my failing that I try to follow rules. Too bad there are so many fucking assholes in this world who share your view.
    Once upon a time they were all illegal. We were such rebels when you were at choir practice
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Can we just knock people over if we see them riding their mopeds on non-motorized trails? Certainly we could laugh them away.
    Certainly not as badass as the stuckmonster though

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    26
    They should be managed as if they are motorized cycles. So, they should be allowed on trails open to motorized use.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tahoe-ish
    Posts
    991
    Is there a way to ignore Grinch but only in threads that are related to e-bikes? This has the potential to be a good and useful discussion without him cunting it up. Absent selective ignore, I guess I'll just have to do a total ignore for the time being.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14,714
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Once upon a time they were all illegal. We were such rebels when you were at choir practice.
    They what were all illegal? Do you ever express yourself as if you didn't have a head injury?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •