Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    I wonder if the Trump style of negotiation would ever work.

Mountain bikers: ALL OF THESE TRAILS ARE GOING TO HAVE EBIKES EVERYWHERE. EBIKES WITH GLORIOUS THROTTLES.

Hikers/Equestrians get all riled up and fearing the end of their days of any possibility of enjoying outdoor recreation due to evil ebikes.

Mountain bikers - we want wilderness access. Maybe with Class I ebikes?

OK OK You can ride your human powered bicycles.... BUT PLEASE JUST NO EBIKES...ANYTHING BUT EBIKES.

Ok, we will take Wilderness access and promise we don't want ebikes allowed.

#trumpebikesinjeans

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I always figured Trump was a jeans wearing ebiker. Guy could never hang on the uptrack.

Wore my jeans today for a rip. Stormy daniels kind a day in wash n bin BC

Grinch sighting in Italy.

[IMG]https://www.giroe.it/gallery/giro-e-2020-tappa-10/#group_3924-2
    [/IMG]

https://www.giroe.it/gallery/giro-e-.../#group_1662-2

He's the one on the left.

https://www.giroe.it/en/giro-e/
    Last edited by climberevan; 10-15-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Road blows. Thats for shaved leg grape smugglers. #stravaevanheartsgrapes
    NTTIAWWT
    Actual there is something WWT. No dirt. Very wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    I would say that the Tahoe Flume trail has had more MTB traffic over the decades than maybe any trail system in the US or worldwide? I have ridden that trail many times since the 80's and one thing that stands out is that bikes have not caused deterioration of the trail itself and it is now better than before. Sure there has been maintenance but overall with all the use, Ebikes as well MTB has not damaged or caused permanent harm. So it can be used as a example when others try to say MTB, Ebikes destroy the environment and soil.
    I’m not anti e-bike but that trail is wide, flat and compacted so maybe not the best case study.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I’m not anti e-bike but that trail is wide, flat and compacted so maybe not the best case study.
    Well yeah, but still tires rolling over dirt and the Flume trail certainly has had plenty of that. The adjacent trails off the Flume trail has also had plenty of traffic and holding up well and the primary traffic is MTB. I think it is a place to look at and see if years of heavy use as well as weather destroy the terrain to a point where intervention is needed to stop the destruction.

A little history, the Tahoe Flume was built in the 1800's to transport lumber via a V shaped flume from the Forrest of Tahoe to lumber mills on the East side and then on to Virginia City for the mines. You can imagine the effort to build it and the maintenance of the flume itself. The left over is the trail(narrow road) traversing the East flanks of the Sierras. That trail is a classic for visitors coming to Tahoe to hike or MTB. As far as the MTB part it is a green level ride, long with a distinctive climb to get up to it.

The Marlette Flume is trail is really wide and flat, and likely gets more maintenance from USFS than any other trail in the area, so there's that. Also, IME, the overwhelming majority of its users are going fairly slowly and are stopping for often pics. It's not a great representative of trails in general, or even other trails nearby.

If you think the other trails in the area are holding up well and not getting wider and more blown out, I don't know what to tell you. The TRT, Sunflower, and Chimney Beach are in rough shape right now. Trails need maintenance, regardless of whether the riders are on motor vehicles.

More traffic means more wear, obviously, and when there is so much traffic and so many irresponsible or incompetent riders that the trail gets rutted and widened to double its original width, obviously there is a mismatch.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Sooo scientific, obviously

So, what's your alternative? Shut down the rental operations? Shut down the shuttle operations? Ebikes? I rode two days ago TRT from Meadows to Tunnel to Incline Flume and back to Meadows. Except for the fact the trails are bone dry and silty, I thought there were actually better than years ago. A little rain will go a long ways to heal things up. Oh, on pedal bike too. Interestingly, didn't see any ebikes and not that many pedal bikes either but big numbers of group hikers especially on Incline. Church groups?

Ebikes arn't going to add to the numbers as if there wasn't Ebikes those riders would be pedaling. Going to ride my Ebike today... Someplace in the mountains........

P(ussy)bikes couldnt hang today. Maribor is about as hard as they get these dayz. Wet roots r ez now. Wet slushy snow on roots and rocks is eeb town. Had Geordie lower the lsc on my shockas for eeb town. Fresh tracks where its at. Put that in your letters. Last day to get ur terse letter to the manager KarensClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_182012.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	343740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_182026.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	343741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_173833.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	343742

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    P(ussy)bikes couldnt hang today. Maribor is about as hard as they get these dayz. Wet roots r ez now. Wet slushy snow on roots and rocks is eeb town. Had Geordie lower the lsc on my shockas for eeb town. Fresh tracks where its at. Put that in your letters. Last day to get ur terse letter to the manager KarensClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_182012.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	343740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_182026.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	343741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201016_173833.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	343742

So Kore!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    So Kore!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Whatd u do 2day? Nasty case of writers cramp? Letter done?

From today's IMBA email:

Challenges with the proposed directives:
    –Continues to categorize all classes of eMTBs as motorized.
    If the Forest Service continues to classify e-bikes as motorized, these directives have the potential to reclassify non-motorized trails as motorized trails to allow eMTB access. This could jepordize trail funding and lead to increased user conflicts.

What a joke of an organization. Glad I never gave them any money.
    My Montana has an East Infection

The Gimp won't like that.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

https://peopleforbikes.org/forestserviceebikepolicy/

People For Bikes has a template and submission page that makes it pretty easy. For the peoples of the USA, obviously.
    Don't support it if you don't want to.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    The Gimp won't like that.
    Ass still sore eh? I tore that shit up and you loved it. No ointment for you!!
    #bonespurs2024

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    From today's IMBA email:

Challenges with the proposed directives:
    –Continues to categorize all classes of eMTBs as motorized.
    If the Forest Service continues to classify e-bikes as motorized, these directives have the potential to reclassify non-motorized trails as motorized trails to allow eMTB access. This could jepordize trail funding and lead to increased user conflicts.

What a joke of an organization. Glad I never gave them any money.
    Your post is slightly confusing but my take is imba is all in on ebikes? Unless we embrace emopeds there will be more user conflicts and we will lose access?! Its so strange those dbags have somehow become the mouthpiece for all mountain bikers. Industry shills.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Sick day today!! Sooo fun. Stacking vert!! Going to be shredding harrrd next year. Next year probably throw on a throttle and eeb the fuck out of tammarack. Only climb tech dh's. Thats ma thing. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201022_161713.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	344512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201022_161653.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	344513

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    https://peopleforbikes.org/forestserviceebikepolicy/

People For Bikes has a template and submission page that makes it pretty easy. For the peoples of the USA, obviously.
    Don't support it if you don't want to.
    From their template:
    "The Department of the Interior and 28 states (and counting) define electric bicycles as bicycles, exclude them from the motor vehicle classification, and generally allow their use on non-motorized trails. "

This is a lie. But feel free to copy and paste it, maybe it will become true if enough people do it.

By clicking below you acknowledge the PeopleForBikes Privacy Policy and agree to our Terms of Use.
    I agree to receive the PeopleForBikes newsletter and related communications from the PeopleForBikes Foundation and the PeopleForBikes Coalition regarding PeopleForBikes’ advocacy and other activities. You can unsubscribe at any time.

I support the Forest Service’s proposed revisions to directives regarding management of electric bicycle use on National Forest System lands (FSM 7700 and 7710 E-bikes #ORMS-2619).

Clear policies and rules for electric bicycle management will facilitate electric bicycle management, give more Americans opportunities to explore our public lands, and provide common sense solutions for pressing issues such as traffic congestion, parking, maintenance and emissions reduction.

I support these changes because:

1. Forest Service policies and laws concerning electric bicycle use on public lands are outdated and are confusing for land managers, consumers, small businesses and local governments. These changes are a step in the right direction toward resolving that confusion.
    2. The proposed definitions of the three classes of electric bicycles are consistent with the types of electric bicycles people ride.
    3. Modernizing the definition of electric bicycles so that they may be used much like regular bicycles will encourage the safe use of electric bicycles and ensure more sensible access.

I respectfully request one modification to the proposed changes -- that electric bicycles be removed from the definition of “motor vehicle” and considered to be a non-motorized use. Electric bicycles are ridden, and should be managed, like traditional bicycles rather than motor vehicles. As an e-bike rider, my desired experience is also identical to that of a regular bike rider and I seek the opportunity to ride my e-bike on the types of trails, roads, and paths that are designated as non-motorized in spite of the fact that my E-bike is powered in part by a motor. These areas should continue to be designated as non-motorized and land managers should have the discretion to permit e-bike use. This would align Forest Service policy with other U.S. laws. The Department of the Interior and 28 states (and counting) define electric bicycles as bicycles, exclude them from the motor vehicle classification, and generally allow their use on non-motorized trails.
    Yeah, no.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

G pa bonespurs2024 says get off my lawn

Another big light at the end of the tunnel, in other news, Orbea is coming out with a mid 30# ebike , Stealthy and powerful.............

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/tr...g-public-lands

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-...of-e-bike.html
    Last edited by Quadzilla; 10-23-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    Another big light at the end of the tunnel, in other news, Orbea is coming out with a mid 30# ebike , Stealthy and powerful.............

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/tr...g-public-lands

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-...of-e-bike.html
    “Enhancing access to our public lands and expanding recreational opportunities to all Americans is a priority for the Trump Administration,” said U.S. Secretary of the Interior David L. Bernhardt.
    Blow it out your ass Bernhardt you lying piece of shit!