Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mayflower?

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    They just need to get DV to sign on and they'll have a hotel up in no time.
    Approximately 25% of hotels are currently in default.

If Alterra learns anything from the Crown family. They’ll let this developer do all the heavy lifting.
    Then when he goes tits up, they’ll pick it up for pennies on the dollar.

Ski in/outs great, if you have direct access to a lift you actually want to ski. But lots of these developments have multiple feeder lifts, just to get to the goods. By the time you get to them on a powder day, they’re already schralped.

A certain exotic car pimp, is always posting photos of his potential McMansions, with these exact problems.

Leading me to ask. Does BS even ski?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    on the other hand we went over to tailsman personal feeder lift at the big sky and it skied great late in the day
    if yur good enuffs you can always find goods
    they even keep the bars off the lift to make it gnarlier
    bbbwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I don't know about this googledidoo character. He may be
    skeptical.
    What gave it away?
    Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post

They're cutting roads so they must have secured some financing. They just need to get DV to sign on and they'll have a hotel up in no time.
    They had financing for the hotel bit then it fell through post Covid. So now they need to find someone else.

I think the project will eventually go through, but at a far slower pace than they are indicating and not nearly as extensive.

For DV to sign on as a partner, they're going to need to be enticed with some very favorable economics. The Mayflower ski ops are likely to be a big money loser - the developer is likely using the ski ops as a selling point for wealthy New Yorkers to buy the expensive real estate. Not sure what would be in it for DV unless they are paid handsomely given there will be no profits to share from the actual Mayflower ski ops.