Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mayflower?

Mayflower?

Anyone heard of this? Supposedly a new ski resort opening to the South of Deer Valley.

https://www.extellutah.com/

Their promotional video shows the terrain of other resorts.

https://www.kpcw.org/term/extell-dev...mpany#stream/0

Just what Park City needs, another [New York developer] to start up a ski resort. This is going to be Talker Part 2.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extell...opment_Company
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

If something is being hyped up that hard you just know it's going to be awesome.

The reality of the actual skiing is decidedly less impressive

It's an alternate access point to Deer Valley for 1%'ers.

Right. It's the less-snowy Wasatch County side of Deer Valley.

The developer got the rights in part through a program meant to develop some recreational facility for military guys, but that looks like it'll be a small component of the whole thing.

Their hope from day 1 has been to get bought by Deer Valley. I'm sure Deer Valley/Alterra is happy to wait for a season or two while these developers bleed cash rather than make them an offer during COVID.

One way or the other, the project will be successful at accelerating the cunting-up of Wasatch County, which was already proceeding at an impressive rate.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Is this connected with the land grab by Romney's kid and their developers ?

Looks like you can ski to road. I had one day at DV and it was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Looks like you can ski to road. I had one day at DV and it was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    switch?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Wrong aspect and in the snow shadow of the rest of the PC resorts. It will have some fun days between mid Jan and early March but I don't think it will be a serious draw for most skiers on TGR.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Is this connected with the land grab by Romney's kid and their developers ?
    Nearby, but unrelated. Glort Romney's land grab is on the other side of 40 on the way to Kamas.

That's a lot of high priced RE. And more importantly, a lot of new room capacity. How is that going to mesh with DV's limited ticket sales?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    Wrong aspect and in the snow shadow of the rest of the PC resorts. It will have some fun days between mid Jan and early March but I don't think it will be a serious draw for most skiers on TGR.
    Did I hear Vail?

Hopefully they put in some sweet singletrack and help connect the pc trail system to dutch hollow and the heber valley trail system. That's the only good thing that will come.out of this development

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Hopefully they put in some sweet singletrack and help connect the pc trail system to dutch hollow and the heber valley trail system. That's the only good thing that will come.out of this development
    Or they bulldoze over Spin Cycle and close everything...
    I think the ongoing construction on US40 is part of this development. The retaining walls they're putting up right now use MoChurch-quality granite, you know there are some deep pockets involved.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

pretty sure something like this has been discussed a lot over many years in PC....i will believe when I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I think the ongoing construction on US40 is part of this development. The retaining walls they're putting up right now use MoChurch-quality granite, you know there are some deep pockets involved.
    It is indeed, we are building the bridges for the interchange, driven by a WHOLE lot of money and political influence.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I would hope that Spin Cycle would be sheltered from this. I think it begins on the next drainage down on the way to Heber.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Damn I ain't a even made it to the cherry peaks yet
    Will this be part of the ikon skier enablement program?
    Ntiatwwi
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

No threat to Spin Cycle or any extisting trails, AFAIK. Yes, this is the construction happening adjacent to 40. The wall blocks are pre-cast, but there is definitely big money involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    pretty sure something like this has been discussed a lot over many years in PC....i will believe when I see.
    It's under construction right now. Not that the whole thing couldn't implode spectacularly on short notice, and they did shut the site down for 6 months after COVID hit (the only major construction project that I'm aware of to do so), but for now it's full speed ahead.

Drove up past here today, indeed some major road construction going on. I can’t see this as anything but a clusterfuck. Buncha shitty scrub oak terrain on low altitude low snow facing the wrong way bullshit.

At least it will be really expensive though.

The Park Record and Wall Street Journal both had good articles at the beginning of October on this development.

The developer still needs to get financing for the first hotel they want to build. So its still far from certain this development happens as currently planned.

Regardless, I doubt any Utah mags will be interested in skiing there if it happens. Do any mags even ski DV? When was the last time anyone put up some DV stoke? And the terrain in question suffers from lack of snowfall.

The developer is a NYC guy that builds skyscrapers who doesn't even ski. Call me skeptical.

I don't know about this googledidoo character. He may be

skeptical.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    Do any mags even ski DV? When was the last time anyone put up some DV stoke?
    Sure, it's not LCC, but DV has great skiing. Ticket prices are ridiculous and I'd never pay the window rate to ski there, but the free days that come with passes to other UT resorts are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Sure, it's not LCC, but DV has great skiing. Ticket prices are ridiculous and I'd never pay the window rate to ski there, but the free days that come with passes to other UT resorts are awesome.
    Every resort in Utah is great in their own way. Let's see what happens with Mayflower but I can't see paying much to ski there if it isn't connected to DV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    At least it will be really expensive though.
    PC realtors NEED more slopeside homes to sell! The PC real estate market has been ridiculous this summer, at this rate, billionaires won't have anywhere to buy second and third vacation ski homes they've always dreamed of and Christmas will be ruined!

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Drove up past here today, indeed some major road construction going on. I can’t see this as anything but a clusterfuck. Buncha shitty scrub oak terrain on low altitude low snow facing the wrong way bullshit.
    Exactly, they already can't support the Jordanelle side of DV without significant snowmaking, now go down 500-1000 feet and move the slope aspects more south. Like I said before could make for some good bike in/bike out properties and it will count as ski in/ski out if you can ride a lift to more lifts and more snow in DV.

Quote Originally Posted by googledidoo View Post
    The developer still needs to get financing for the first hotel they want to build. So its still far from certain this development happens as currently planned.
    If you build it, they will come???

They're cutting roads so they must have secured some financing. They just need to get DV to sign on and they'll have a hotel up in no time.