Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Veteran Pass Deals

VR gives out a pretty decent veteran discount for the Epic Pass. $579 vs $999 currently. I was told this price was good until early Dec. and was valid for any honorably discharged veteran.

https://www.epicpass.com/pass-results/military.aspx

Any other pass deals out there for veterans?

A-Basin - $249 adult, $129 kids. Plus no reservation shitshow.

It's pretty amazing that so many believe that ABasin is going to operate with that "no reservations" policy.

I gotta admit...the Epic pass was impossible to pass up. Looks like I'll be sleeping in the car this winter.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Epic is even more awesome if you are retired military
    2018-2019 Pass was $99
    2019-2020 Pass was $129
    2020-2021 Pass is $149

Dependents of retired military also qualify for these rates.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    2018-2019 Pass was $99
    2019-2020 Pass was $129
    2020-2021 Pass is $149

I was gonna try for that one, but I didn't think the extra 12yrs was worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't have hacked another 17 years!

Quote Originally Posted by bluespark View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't have hacked another 17 years!
    But it would have been so Epic!

That is a good deal. As much as Vail gets shit, good for them stepping up for US.

Name:  IMG_0006.JPG
Views: 858
Size:  63.4 KB

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I was too dumb to get out.

Ends up, I had a blast but glad it's over.

By the way....

Magic offers a great deal for veterans and first responders. $399 (down from the regular price of $649)

The President of Ski Magic LLC's son is a Green Beret serving in 10th Special Forces Group. Great kid, helluva skier.

By the way....

Magic offers a great deal for veterans and first responders. $399 (down from the regular price of $649)

The President of Ski Magic LLC's son is a Green Beret serving in 10th Special Forces Group. Great kid, helluva skier.
    Wait...what? When did this come about...didn't it used to be just "first responders"??? When I was looking, I ended up going Epic b/c, well, $$$$. Had I known...grrrr.

This is the 3rd year for the military pass at Magic. It was actually a lot cheaper if you bought early season. The website needs work but they are prioritizing on-mountain upgrades over the soft stuff.

2018-2019 Pass was $99
    2019-2020 Pass was $129
    2020-2021 Pass is $149

Somewhat ironic/funny that my own service gets me less of a discount than from my retired father's service. And I'm the one who got shot at, not him! lol

Still, this is cool, like Harry said, good on them.

This is the 3rd year for the military pass at Magic. It was actually a lot cheaper if you bought early season. The website needs work but they are prioritizing on-mountain upgrades over the soft stuff.
    Good to know...for next year

My local hill offers vet discounts on day passes. In the north but not snow basin

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Ikon offers a 20% discount for SMs, not sure about vets or retires however.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Ikon offers a 20% discount for SMs, not sure about vets or retires however.
    Ikon has a nice discount for college students, but not vets. Figure that one out.

Epic military for me and my family is a game changer. I only used it 3 days last year before the shutdown and still got quite a credit.

Doesn’t Squaw Alpine do a really good one too. I think used to be $50 for season pass a donation of some sort.

Squaw is $169 for active and retired, no dependents. Epic you can get dependents at $169 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Ikon has a nice discount for college students, but not vets. Figure that one out.
    That might hurt from vets.

Epic retiree price is $149. Dependents get the same deal. Just got an email that they will be charging my card for the 2nd half of the payment for mine and my wife's.

When I last went to Squaw (mid-2000s?) active military could ski free but no deal for vets or retirees. Glad to see they've included the rest of us.

i never understood the seperation of vets and retirees...... both should get equal benefits in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Well we kind of expect veterans to go out and be productive members of society with an income and all... so... if if they aren’t they should go to fucking college.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    i never understood the seperation of vets and retirees...... both should get equal benefits in my book.
    I’m split on this, a vet (3-12 years of service) should be able to fully transition (they have a degree or the G.I. bill) and move into the private sector without much issue. A retiree (20+ years for those unaware) is going to have a much tougher time transitioning having pretty much dedicated their entire formative time to the military. They are likely semi broken at that point, and have most likely kept their spouse from developing a civilian career due to constant PCS’s. They are also most likely a complete fucking idiot with regard to the civilian work place (based off interactions with O-4’s, 5’s, and E-9s) and will have a tough time getting a competitive job. To quote someone I know in the business world “I don’t know the difference between an CPT and a LTC, but I don’t hire 45 year olds.”

Personally I think our country has gone too far into the vet worship land. It’s just another job, and to be honest we are pretty well compensated for it beyond the JR Enlisted realm (first three years).

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    They are likely semi broken at that point, and have most likely kept their spouse from developing a civilian career due to constant PCS’s.

Personally I think our country has gone too far into the vet worship land. It’s just another job, and to be honest we are pretty well compensated for it beyond the JR Enlisted realm (first three years).
    Totally agree with your first point above. You are totally fucking wrong on the second one. Don't know many Wall Streeters that have been shot at regularly, blown up by IEDs, suffer amputations, and have to spend years away from their family in a 3rd world shithole because of their "regular" job. It's been that way since 9/11 and some would argue since Desert Storm.

For many of us, yesterday and today amplify my sentiments. If you don't know what I'm talking about, google it.