Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's where I keep my boots and shit to boot up in parking. The cooler will be best up against the passenger seat. So, therefore, for at least three hours, warm air outside of it. And, if parked in the sun in a mildish day, still warm all day.
    And, this, my friends, is why Benny is a complete fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't the insulation in a refrigerator be as good or better than a cooler?
    And this, my friends, is why he is an old goat.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    And, this, my friends, is why Benny is a complete fucking idiot.
    You really have to tell me why you fucking said that. What's your fucking problem?

You really have to tell me why you fucking said that. What's your fucking problem?
    Because your idea of cooler management is asinine, and you have no idea how to organize a vehicle to eliminate your own stupidity.

I just did 10 days with no ice refill on over 100 degree days in the desert. Wanna talk cooler management, yet alone throwing on some boots in a cold parking lot? Bring the questions Bunz.

Because your idea of cooler management is asinine, and you have no idea how to organize a vehicle to eliminate your own stupidity.

I had plenty of ice left over, and granted, my frozen section wasn't frozen anymore, but was completely salvageable to put into my freezer when I got back 14 days later. And my film was really cold and preserved. Along with so much food that I forgot I even buried in there. Every beer was scraping the chunks of ice off, 8 days later still.

I think you are over thinking this. If you want river cooling tips, fire away. I'll send you pics and how-to's.

Go fuck yourself, asshole. You piece of shit. "Cooler management"? Jerkoff. I've heard some real attitude around here, but for you to call someone a fucking idiot over this just makes me want to mash your face in. Christ Almighty, there's some really bitter fucks in this forum. Don't ever let me meet you.

Go fuck yourself, asshole. You piece of shit. "Cooler management"? Jerkoff. I've heard some real attitude around here, but for you to call someone a fucking idiot over this just makes me want to mash your face in. Christ Almighty, there's some really bitter fucks in this forum. Don't ever let me meet you.
    Bunny, it is called "cooler management". If you can't get "anger management", I doubt you'll actually be able to internalize the former concept. Because both things, are real. It's not fake news brosef. I even offered a life line for bunnies to ask questions.

This is one of your bestest posts ever btw, and I've seen thousands.

Fuck you and your mother and sister.

Cooler management. JFC.

Fuck you and your mother and sister.

Cooler management. JFC.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200901_185755155.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	341947

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/ice-retention.html

Take a lap. I actually do way more. I have reflectix inserts I made for the bottom and the inside top. I have an insulating pad on top. I keep my cooler off the ground, I keep in shade covered. 10 days easy. I've served ice cold with no replenish ice cold shrimp cocktail on day 10 to every one's amazement and enjoyment. And that's on my daily cooler. The duct taped one that screams "DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT OPENING", gets me to 2 weeks plus easy.

You serve up melted soft serve with rainboz, and ignorant vitriol.

My sister is fucked out, and my Mom's dead, so, you'll have to buy a Coleman and figure it out at KMart.

I personally like to drink warm beer from the passenger seat in the morning while sliding into frosty boots from my trunk. If I’m not shooting for a western start, I put my boots in my Yeti in the trunk to keep them from getting cold on the way to the hill. Fucking heathens.

If you put your cold boots straight into the Yeti you'll be impressed at how miserable your morning can be days after the last real cold spell!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 6.15.16 AM.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	341950
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    only bunners could haz a melt down in the cooler thread
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

We left home on Friday with our cooler. A block if ice and some cubes in it. When we got to our destination Saturday we drained the water and put two half blocks in that we had in a cooler bag from home since we went inside no businesses. Thr Orcs sat in the truck all week baking in the sun. On Friday evening we came out of the woods and...cold beer here. Deer Jerky. Yogurt.. Tons of ice left.

And I'm no pro cooler manager.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

What brand and size is that cooler?

Orca 40

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Thanks

I'll take a swing at what he's trying to convey: if you have a longer drive to go ski, put your boots on the front passenger floor so the heater keeps them warm. Put your cooler in the trunk/cargo area, away from the heater.

And you don't need a rotomolded cooler for a day trip to ski. Use a soft cooler and some blue ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I doubt you need a rotomolded cooler at all in the winter unless you're trying to keep your boots from freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I doubt you need a rotomolded cooler at all in the winter unless you're trying to keep your boots from freezing.
    Yeah but Bunny NEEDS attention and starting the hundredth cooler thread on TGR is a great way to get that, especially including a name brand like Yeti in the title. He could throw his charcuterie in a $2 styrofoam cooler from 7-11 and it'd make it to whatever blue ice covered ski area he's headed to, but that wouldn't give him the satisfaction of trolling the minions and hurling insults at people who were just trying to guide him toward that reality.

I don't use a cooler at all for day trips in winter. Rocketbox is cold. Or once the truck bed is full of snow, it serves as a cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Cooler management. JFC.
    Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it's not real.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I have a Yeti 110 for rafting and love it. Bought it with 40% off so the price wants to bad. Took it down the MF Salmon this summer and had cocktail ice even on the last night and ate like kings too.

Cooler management is key though. Chill the night before, purple tundra ice packs, drain daily, and a foam cover inside the cooler are crucial. A wet towel on the outside works well if you're near water. Would buy a roto-cooler again.

I wouldn't see the need though for this type of cooler during ski season. Grocery bag packed with snow works just fine.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

The drain daily concept is contested. Personally, I don’t drain.