Looking for a electric motor shop in Seattle -HVAC motors

Anyone know a electric motor shop in central Seattle ? Looking for a hvac motor house for my BIL that can help source a motor and capacitor. NOT looking for HVAC parts house, a place that specializes in AC motors.

Someday
    There will be a computerized search engine

That allows the consumer to search for arcane parts and services.
    And not just depend on the local ski community or the (online) yellow pages to help their personal desires.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Someday

And not just depend on the local ski community or the (online) yellow pages to help their personal desires.
    That search engine generally spits out places that usually suck or pay to be on that list and the consumer eats that cost.

Well if you don't find one these guys have or can get everything and I believe they'll ship: https://hmsweeny.com/links/abc.shtml

they also have a big HVAC/refrigeration division: https://hmsweeny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Someday

Sure. Home Despot, bLOWES, Malwart, and sears are the first places that come to mind when searching for arcane parts and services.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

ballard electric or grainger

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

http://dmhie.com/

https://www.cascade-machinery.com/se...-motor-repair/

https://gesrepair.com/services/ac-dc...and-rewinding/

Every metro area has electric motor shops.
    They rebuild them all day long.

If you need a new Hvac motor, it’s not like there’s a motor mart on every corner. But a simple Hvac motor can be bought online based on HP and shaft diameter.
    . . .

the electro mechanical shops rebuild the great big fucking industrial motors ^^ my buddy showed me a pic of one he was working on and with the 8ft wide stator out, standing inside the windings he couldnt touch the top of the motor the winding, the motors he rewinds in freight trains he called little ones,

Motor winding is a high paying redseal trade that is an inside job ( important in -30 weather ), when a big motor goes down they work 1 hr shifts 24/7 and the shop brings in their dinner, they make BIG OT

Gettting a HVAC motor rewound sounds like huge over kill if they would even do it, I would just source a replacement motor
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the electro mechanical shops rebuild the great big fucking industrial motors ^^ my buddy showed me a pic of one he was working on and with the 8ft wide stator out, standing inside the windings he couldnt touch the top of the motor the winding, the motors he rewinds in freight trains he called little ones,

Motor winding is a high paying redseal trade that is an inside job ( important in -30 weather ), when a big motor goes down they work 1 hr shifts 24/7 and the shop brings in their dinner, they make BIG OT

Gettting a HVAC motor rewound sounds like huge over kill if they would even do it, I would just source a replacement motor
    It's for my PHD brother in-law, need to send him to a place that can help him determine if it's capacitor , motor or both as well as source the correct replacement. Not looking to have it rebuilt. Looks like someoneone posted both Grainger and Ballard Electric that worth a look.

If this is for one of the big squirrel cage type blowers in a home furnace, the capacitors for those are cheap and easily replaced. Under $10 at any local HVAC parts store.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If this is for one of the big squirrel cage type blowers in a home furnace, the capacitors for those are cheap and easily replaced. Under $10 at any local HVAC parts store.
    From what he describe most likely a short in the winding. I'm in Portland and from what I get from my BIL most hvac parts places are trade only there not wanting to sell direct to consumer in Seattle, pretty much that way here as well.

get a p/n and you'll find a replacement motor on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    get a p/n and you'll find a replacement motor on amazon.
    Thanks , trying to stay local if possible. Sourcing parts online isn't a slam dunk unless it's a well known item. There is a local motor shop in PDX every hvac house uses for motors and I was hoping to find a similar place in Seattle. A small independent business that can actually knows what their selling and how it works, they didn't have a referral for Seattle.
    Amazon can be hit or miss with parts.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Thanks , trying to stay local if possible. Sourcing parts online isn't a slam dunk unless it's a well known item. There is a local motor shop in PDX every hvac house uses for motors and I was hoping to find a similar place in Seattle. A small independent business that can actually knows what their selling and how it works, they didn't have a referral for Seattle.
    Amazon can be hit or miss with parts.
    I'll bet a six pack of internet beer you'll find a direct replacement item on Amazon.

Trying to keep it local is great, but time is money.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I'll bet a six pack of internet beer you'll find a direct replacement item on Amazon.

Trying to keep it local is great, but time is money.
    You don't know the weird systems my Dr sister and phd husband like to put into their house. They have a boiler for floor heating and an add on thermal heat exchanger. I couldn't find a bathroom fan motor last week on Amazon. Distribution channel is kind of weird right now and ordering from Amazon outside the norm products can be dicey right now.

Does it make a humming noise? Locked rotor due to dry bearings( theyre really just bushings) ? Bad cap can do the same, have bil tap bare 110v wires to the cap leads (off of the motor ) to see if it will take a charge and short them with a screwdriver to see if it discharges.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    Does it make a humming noise? Locked rotor due to dry bearings( theyre really just bushings) ? Bad cap can do the same, have bil tap bare 110v wires to the cap leads (off of the motor ) to see if it will take a charge and short them with a screwdriver to see if it discharges.
    Touched bases with them and it had a swollen cap after motor removal so let's see what happens after replacing the cap. It's a heat exchanger located in an attac with very little space so the whole repair is a nightmare for them.