Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Who Here NEEDS To Ski Free This Winter?

I know we would alike to ski free, especially the few non dentist around here. That said, I am looking for some help from the collective to help determine who around here is in need of assistance due to life circumstances, and is deserving to ski for free despite these challenges. If you, or a maggot you know, is facing hardship and would otherwise not be able to ski this winter, then I have a pass for you. Tell us your story and what makes you a worthy recipient. And for all of us who are fortunate enough to have spent money already to secure our shaky future ski season, who do you want to see receive a pass? These ski passes are good for unlimited skiing at most resorts connected with the al terra group and have about twelve days of blackout. I can't share the details on how these passes (oh yeah, looks like there are two) were secured, but I want to extend my thanks out to all those maggots who reached out and shared their information even though they saw no increase in discount.

Every year I read on the forum stories of maggots who have faced the struggle. Homes have been lost, jobs have been lost, tragedy has hit families. This year a bunch of maggots reached out and joined our group just so that one or two of you could ski for free. It shows how a bunch of small efforts can have a big effect. How cool is that?

So who here needs little help this winter getting on the snow? Don't be shy. It looks like I will have about 10 days (again, details are unclear) to tell the overload who is getting awarded these opportunities to shred. If we get a bunch of submissions, I will create a poll to have the collective make the call.

I vote for Hutash. The dood lost his house in a fire, and has helped many maggots out with their canine issues. He is the gift that keeps on giving.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 7.42.27 AM.png
Views: 2544
Size:  120.8 KB
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I vote for Benny. I don't think he's skied in years.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    if you could send iis or hustash or nutmeg chic to utardia if ullr blesses us enough to gather and bake in march
    im not the only one who would smile in gratitude
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    if you could send iis or hustash or nutmeg chic to utardia if ullr blesses us enough to gather and bake in march
    im not the only one who would smile in gratitude
    Solid nominations and all have faced challenges in the last year.

I’m out! I’m good!

Have worked through teh panemicz, paid my finez, lawyerz, almost done with probation.
    Somebody has gotten jacked up way way more than me this summer for sure. Let’s find that somebody.

Edit....hutash, as resident puppy adviser, seems as worthy as they come.

One of the wealthiest Mags there is, does not need our help.
    My vote goes to mtngirl
    crab in my shoe mouth

+100 for Hutash. He's a solid fucking dude.

also idk if this is a thread hijack or what but i would def chip in some of my meager funds to help get a mag a pass/trip to utah/whatever the collective feels is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake
    mtngirl
    Also this!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    One of the wealthiest Mags there is, does not need our help.
    My vote goes to mtngirl
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Also this!
    MTNGIRL sure is needy...but she doesn't deserve shit.

I don't know if either of these guys needs it, but I'd throw out:

Blackalps - man that guy got eff'd up on his bike. No doubt he struggled with recovery.

and/or

Smmokan - that guys contributes to the mtb scene offering helpful hints, rides, and reviews here and on other sites. I think COVID hit his tour business pretty hard.

If I'm wrong or over-stepping, I apologize....but there's appx 1,283, 647 mags who are more deserving than mtngrl.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

gaijin posted a call for help not too long ago. he would be deserving I think.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...No-Shame-Below
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I'm not sure who deserves this the most, but thank you for what you are doing!

Seconded!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Thirded.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Hutash, while a good dude, does not need charity of a ski pass.

I vote donating to the Skiing in Jackson family, if said passes work for them.
    Live Free or Die

Yeah. The Skiing in Jackson family gets my vote for both passes.

This may be a separate thread but in that same vein I have old Dynafit TLTs bindings I'd like to donate if whoever is in need and is worthy.

I agree with those who say hutash, while an awesome mag, doesn't need the free ski pass, and agree with those who reject mtngirl as an option (she's received more charity from this board than just about anyone, and still remains remarkably lacking in empathy).

Skiing in jackson family might be a very good call, if this helps them. Smmokan is a good dude, if he is struggling at all then he's a good option.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    This may be a separate thread but in that same vein I have old Dynafit TLTs bindings I'd like to donate if whoever is in need and is worthy.
    maybe we should start a free shit/pass it on thread? i also have a few things to contribute like that.

Thanks for doing this Ottime. I'd suggest you invite suggestions and requests via PM. People who are hard up for cash may not want to make it public.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    maybe we should start a free shit/pass it on thread? i also have a few things to contribute like that.
    Also a good idea. I think there is such a thread, but it could use rejuvenation.

There's is one of those already out there.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Yeah. The Skiing in Jackson family gets my vote for both passes.
    This.

If passes are not of use to the family, would it be possible to auction off the passes and send them the proceeds?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

here is the free stuff thread...

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...e+stuff+thread

fuck yeah ottime!!!!

who the fuck is mtngirl???? i dont recall ever reading that name around here

id vote for the skiing in jackson fam as well