Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    All the good ideas I can think of have been stated.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Can it be Ottime? free pass for him for herding the drunken cats?
    maybe find two mags who look "very similar" who might just end up grabbing the wrong pass by accident. hypothetically speaking, of course. for a friend.
    Appreciate it, but they already took care of me. And the real reason why we have these to give we’re the folks who contacted me even though it would not decrease their pass price. So it came from this community and goes back to the community.

I’m crawling one for blackps and will PM him. With SIJ out, let’s find that person they would like to see it go to.

Off the top of my head, gajin, smokable, nutmeg. Anyone know heir current situation and if this might work for them.

Btw just learned it could also be a refund if a pass was bought and you are someone who could really use that $600 back. Or whatever you paid.

I'd be inclined to see it go towards someone who prolly doesn't have a whole lotta dough to begin with. Even less now.
    Someone who brings some stoke or good convo. Maybe a mag from the flatlands or the deep south. Even if they could only bust out one trip, it'd be golden.
    Maybe some old gnar parent who's been carrying the weight of the world for a lil' too long lately.

Hold out for someone really hurtin'. Might take a few weeks to pin them down...

As FFred modeled, those with means and access are outta the running; Unless fred gonna ski in Ohio all season. Mt. Mansfield ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    In an effort to get stokalicious women back here, I nominate attagirl, altachic, BrklnTracey, SheRa and Yetna
    I believe this is what the kids call "simping"

you don't know what you're talking about

those are all cool women who used to be here on the board
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Appreciate it, but they already took care of me. And the real reason why we have these to give we’re the folks who contacted me even though it would not decrease their pass price. So it came from this community and goes back to the community.

I’m crawling one for blackps and will PM him.
    dang. thank you.

this will actually mean the difference between me skiing or not this year. I really appreciate it, and the votes. really, thanks.

sell/auction them and get hookers and blow
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    dang. thank you.

this will actually mean the difference between me skiing or not this year. I really appreciate it, and the votes. really, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I'd be inclined to see it go towards someone who prolly doesn't have a whole lotta dough to begin with. Even less now.
    Someone who brings some stoke or good convo. Maybe a mag from the flatlands or the deep south. Even if they could only bust out one trip, it'd be golden.
    Maybe some old gnar parent who's been carrying the weight of the world for a lil' too long lately.

As FFred modeled, those with means and access are outta the running; Unless fred gonna ski in Ohio all season. Mt. Mansfield ftw.
    I like that sentiment, but I need to have everything uploaded to the mothership by October 15th, including information to collect from the recipient (Name, DOB, Email). And I have shoulder surgery on the 7th, after which I will be a bit groggy.

good effort Chad

However you run it is fine with me OTT. Awesome that you helped out all the mags with a deal on passes, but giving a couple away is got damn impressive.

Come up to JH, We'll put you on the VIP tour, you deserve a hook too.

Who Here NEEDS To Ski Free This Winter?

This place rocks. Strong work Ottime. Hope your shoulder surgery goes well.

Who Here NEEDS To Ski Free This Winter?

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    you don't know what you're talking about

those are all cool women who used to be here on the board
    snowsprite?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I was thinking about LBL, but it sounds like these passes are not for this area, where he skis...

I think altachic not posting was due to her knee. she still posts here in the gimp central forum. she got hers replaced too and is hoping to ski this year I think.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Ahh good old Snowtrails. Wait there's someone else here that is local to me?

Good on you for doing this!

I vote blackalps. Man, tough ride...

As for mtngrl - Ah, no. I don't see voting for someone who's been banned, was reinstated, and managed to get banned again within a day or two.

I vote Powdork, serious stoke and lifestyle provider.

Mtngirl deserves nothing. Hutash is a good dude as well but he has a good job.

You are a good man Ottime
    Hello darkness my old friend

Actually, I am out of a job, voluntarily. I retired last year to deal with the house and other shit happening.

Thanks for all the positive vibes and thoughts, but I am good on passes, and life is going quite well after a pretty rough patch, so I am doing well, thanks to many people and quite a few mags who really stepped up.

If I might make a suggestion for one of the passes...how about an auction, and a maggot fundraiser for a bit of ski art of some sort in honor of Skiing in Jackson? Doing something at the hostel dedicated to him would be pretty cool, and would epitomize the skiing in Jackson vibe. I would be done to contributing some funds. Those in need of a pass can bid, and those of us who are already set can just drop some dollars. I think it would be really sweet to have some art around the hostel or near the base.

Anyway, thanks to everybody who brought up my name. This is a great, if insane backwater of the internet, one I am proud to be a part of (most days)

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Actually, you having your house burn down and all the SWF old school Mammy codes you sent me over the years kind of helped inspire this idea. What thing I really like about this place is folks won't just take something cause it is free. That is pretty cool.

I have no bandwidth right now to manage things, but if anyone has a way to set up an auction, I'd go with that. Or wait up until the 14th to have someone identified as in need. This is all a bit rushed, as the corp has a tight turn around from letting me know details to needing the pass holder information, with surgery right in the middle.

As for auction, folks could offer up here. I don't know what the value is. Less than an actual pass, as you can not defer this one, and credit due to closures will be determined on a case by case basis - what ever that means. If we did auction it off, I's ask someone else to handle the money exchange; someone in Jackson that could make the other half happen. Django perhaps. I stayed at the Hostel during the years the tram was not in operation. Only times I've skied Jackson. Fucking loved the lodging and the hill. From what I read these says, it was way less crowded back then. I never waited in a line.

Anyway, we have 13 days to find the right use for this pass. I know can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I vote Powdork, serious stoke and lifestyle provider.

Mtngirl deserves nothing. Hutash is a good dude as well but he has a good job.

You are a good man Ottime
    pick me pick me!

I'm all good. I'm not getting a pass and part of it is financial but I'm cetainly not hurting. Spending plenty of money on other non necessities anyway that's for damn sure.
    I only use them a few days a year anyway since i can't bear to leave the pups behind.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I can't really say I deserve one, but godamn I sure could use one if there happens to be an extra.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I voted black Alps that's a tough ride
    And I ain't sure what the perpetual weekend dudes up to or skiing again but he'd be worthy
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    dang. thank you.

OTT, good on ya for doing this. Blackalps for sure #1, then Powdork? But I'd be sure interested in donating to a campaign to let a third party be helped out. Let me know if you want me to set it up.