Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    who the fuck is mtngirl???? i dont recall ever reading that name around here
    I mean I don't read every thread and don't keep up on every drama that goes on here.... but not sure how you missed this one.

She's been stirring up drama around here for a least, what, 7-8 years now?

Gajiin - is he still in Japan or did he come back to Reno? If so, an IKON pass would definitely be a good fit.

Send FastFred on a tour - he keeps it real.

Unfortunately the passes are not good at in Wyoming nor that fancy place in Colorado.

PMs for privacy are welcome, but I prefer having this a collective decision. I'm no Santa Claus.

Internal auction here is a possibility. With funds being sent.

I don't have full details on the comps yet, but they are base. Not sure if they hold the same value as a purchased pass, as details have not yet been confirmed.

Keep it going, as I see some options for a poll for sure. And agree with the general sentiment.

I know I've been helped out by plenty of mags over the years, from advice, cheap gear, parking spots and secret stashes to being told when I'm wrong (even when I was right!). I really want these going to those types of maggots. What makes this place pretty special is that in the end, it really is mostly a bunch of really cool folks helping each other out.

If they do go up on auction, anyone have any idea on how that might work? New thread, or do people start offering up.

BTW - if you want to buy the passes in an auction and want more details cause reading between the lines is not working, shoot me a PM. Hopefully I have full details in a day or two. If my emails get answered.

I nominate Splat, tho he'd prolly tell me to fuck off. Pretty sure he got skunked on a pass for this year.

(Is it one pass? Me'n'Cinz are more poor than most, but we have passes, so...)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

In an effort to get stokalicious women back here, I nominate attagirl, altachic, BrklnTracey, SheRa and Yetna
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 09-29-2020 at 01:52 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Man I’m new. Don’t recall Yetna.

feels weird to nominate myself, as I usually don't ask anyone for help ever, but I'd take the help this year. Apologies in advance for the sob story:

1. Last year, I tore my PCL in September biking, so I couldn't ski until late Jan/early feb. this year. I got in 5 very mellow half days on blue groomers before the pandemic shutdown. I paid full price for an Ikon pass, as the leg situation made me reluctant to buy a pass until very late in the pass-buying season. so between a late start from injury and an early end due to corona, I paid about $170/day for my pass to ski last year for 5 mediocre days. (I skied about 87 days the year before)

2. I lost my job due the pandemic in mid March. I've been out of work since. My entire industry (trade shows) tanked and almost everyone in my field I know got laid off. Thanks to this, I'm paying my health insurance premiums 100% out of pocket. Lower paying/entry level jobs won't hire me because I'm "too experienced" and jobs at my level don't exist right now in any industry I have experience in.

3. thanks to losing my job, I ended up with no place to live. My landlord sold my building out from under me instead of renewing my lease, leaving me to find an apartment with no job right when the pandemic started. It didn't work.

4. I went to stay with a friend who graciously offered to let me house sit his place in Taos. Felt like some light at the end of the tunnel. my 3rd day in Taos, I wrecked riding park at Angel Fire and broke 8 bones and collapsed a lung, etc etc. Two surgeries, on oxygen for a few weeks, etc. As documented here. $675k of healthcare costs and 3 months of PT later, I'm finally riding again thank god. I owe about $6k in co-pays and deductibles.

There's some other stuff, too, but that's the gist of it. I've been trying for months to figure out how I can afford to ski some resort this year, and currently, the answer looks like: I can't. I was also in the middle of swapping my gear around when I lost my job in march, and had sold my BC stuff but not picked up replacements yet, so I don't have a backcountry setup at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm doing pretty well now. Able to ride bikes again finally, working on my fitness in the long shot that I get to ski, things are chill other than not being able to find work. but yeah, being able to make skiing happen this year is looking tough. No worries either way, though, I'm 100% sure there are people who need the help more than I do. very cool of you to offer this to the forum, though.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    MTNGIRL sure is needy...but she doesn't deserve shit.

I don't know if either of these guys needs it, but I'd throw out:

Blackalps - man that guy got eff'd up on his bike. No doubt he struggled with recovery.

and/or

Smmokan - that guys contributes to the mtb scene offering helpful hints, rides, and reviews here and on other sites. I think COVID hit his tour business pretty hard.

If I'm wrong or over-stepping, I apologize....but there's appx 1,283, 647 mags who are more deserving than mtngrl.

oh hey. someone already nominated me. thank you, I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    feels weird to nominate myself, as I usually don't ask anyone for help ever, but I'd take the help this year. Apologies in advance for the sob story:

1. Last year, I tore my PCL in September biking, so I couldn't ski until late Jan/early feb. this year. I got in 5 very mellow half days on blue groomers before the pandemic shutdown. I paid full price for an Ikon pass, as the leg situation made me reluctant to buy a pass until very late in the pass-buying season. so between a late start from injury and an early end due to corona, I paid about $170/day for my pass to ski last year for 5 mediocre days. (I skied about 87 days the year before)

2. I lost my job due the pandemic in mid March. I've been out of work since. My entire industry (trade shows) tanked and almost everyone in my field I know got laid off. Thanks to this, I'm paying my health insurance premiums 100% out of pocket. Lower paying/entry level jobs won't hire me because I'm "too experienced" and jobs at my level don't exist right now in any industry I have experience in.

3. thanks to losing my job, I ended up with no place to live. My landlord sold my building out from under me instead of renewing my lease, leaving me to find an apartment with no job right when the pandemic started. It didn't work.

4. I went to stay with a friend who graciously offered to let me house sit his place in Taos. Felt like some light at the end of the tunnel. my 3rd day in Taos, I wrecked riding park at Angel Fire and broke 8 bones and collapsed a lung, etc etc. Two surgeries, on oxygen for a few weeks, etc. As documented here. $675k of healthcare costs and 3 months of PT later, I'm finally riding again thank god. I owe about $6k in co-pays and deductibles.

There's some other stuff, too, but that's the gist of it. I've been trying for months to figure out how I can afford to ski some resort this year, and currently, the answer looks like: I can't. I was also in the middle of swapping my gear around when I lost my job in march, and had sold my BC stuff but not picked up replacements yet, so I don't have a backcountry setup at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm doing pretty well now. Able to ride bikes again finally, working on my fitness in the long shot that I get to ski, things are chill other than not being able to find work. but yeah, being able to make skiing happen this year is looking tough. No worries either way, though, I'm 100% sure there are people who need the help more than I do. very cool of you to offer this to the forum, though.
    dang man, i had no idea it was that rough. glad you're doing (a bit) better - i'd +1 this nomination, but man, if you need a spare BC set up i can (mostly) hook you up, DM me and we'll make sure you ski this year

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    dang man, i had no idea it was that rough. glad you're doing (a bit) better - i'd +1 this nomination, but man, if you need a spare BC set up i can (mostly) hook you up, DM me and we'll make sure you ski this year
    Yeah, damn that is rough.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

thanks, that's very cool of you. I have half a setup, hard to explain. I see you pm'ed me, so I'll write you back there.

thirded for s-I-j's family --
    though it does not sound like these passes are transferrable, I am going to pm Dj to see If this merits fundraising...

Very good idea - Thank you. tj

thanks, that's very cool of you. I have half a setup, hard to explain. I see you pm'ed me, so I'll write you back there.
    I also have some spare stuff laying around. PM me your needs and I will dig through the pile and see what I have extra.
    Edit to add, so far blackalps has my vote - if he is near a place where the pass would actually work.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

thanks. I think I have a bc setup figured out, as along as the skins fit and a warranty issues is hammered out, if that changes I'll let you know. I really appreciate the vote. If it's the same pass Ottime has offered help with to the forum before, I'll be near a few of their mountains this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Send FastFred on a tour - he keeps it real.
    that's touching, but I'm good

there is plenty of people here who deserve this

is someone going to start a go fund me? how do we donate?
    last thing I want to do is send a personal check to one of you clowns next thing I know you add a few zeros and get all my personal info and find out I live in ohio and never ski

'Nother vote for BA. Shit man, rough string. Way to keep battling.

blackalps story presents as someone worthy of a pass this year. His thread about the bike wreck shows that he is making the best of a bad situation and now with his full year of misfortune revealed how much he was holding back.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Yeah. The Skiing in Jackson family gets my vote for both passes.
    Agree.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Okay folks, here are some details. These passes will NOT be eligible for deferral. So anyone receiving them, should be planning on at least trying to ski this winter. If there are covid closures, each pass will assessed on individual basis for re-issuance. Whatever that means ( I think that is a financial credit toward 21/22).

I'm going to go through this thread and find the five most mentioned maggots. But at a glance it looks like Blackalps and Skiing in Jackson's family are at the top of the list. With the latter, these passes are not unlimited JHMR passes, nor are they even valid at JHMR. Basically, these are base passes.

I like the auction idea, but is there anyone out there that would want to "buy" one of these passes and send that money to Skiing In Jackson? If so, post up, or PM me. As I'm going in for shoulder surgery next Wednesday, I would not be able to manage all of that money transfer.

The "winner" would need to send me their Full Name, Date of Birth and Email Address that I provide to the company who will then contact them with pass info.

Can it be Ottime? free pass for him for herding the drunken cats?
    maybe find two mags who look "very similar" who might just end up grabbing the wrong pass by accident. hypothetically speaking, of course. for a friend.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I went out to the Hostel and chatted up S-I-J's ladies. They said to tell everyone thank you but they were all set up for passes. As I expected, they preferred it went to someone who really NEEDS it.

A classic self supporting clan, the Mcdonalds don't take much, but give a lot.

I too appreciate the vibe in here and mags thinking of them.
    Solid.

roger that, DJ-

Thanks for checking. tj

I’m glad to hear the Skiing in Jackson family is all set. With that in mind, I change my vote so that one of the passes goes to Blackalps....

+1 for blackalps