Looking for housing in Bozeman

Not quite sure where to put this, but it seems like other people have thrown housing stuff in here so I will as well.
    Im looking to live in Bozeman this winter for sure, possibly through the summer, and possibly continuing after that if I enjoy it.

I am looking for a 2+ bedroom home, preferably centrally located, price changes depending on the rooms and such. Lease would preferably start in the new year. Also could be fine with hopping into a house that has rooms open but that is not preferred. I can provide references for myself and those who I would be living with.

Let me know if anyone knows of anything! Thanks TGR.

You looking for open concept kitchen or closed concept?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

good luck. housing in bozeman is the pits. and god forbid you have a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    You looking for open concept kitchen or closed concept?

https://www.campsaver.com/coleman-ev...STP-2000004960

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    good luck. housing in bozeman is the pits. and god forbid you have a dog.
    seems like this is a general consensus for anywhere nowadays.

My best advice is to get an “inside” track on a place before it comes open to rent. Starting here is not a bad idea. Do you have any boots on the ground in Bozo? I had to apply for my place immediately upon seeing it, and was the first to turn in an application 45 minutes later.

Shit, just bring a trust fund and buy a house. I think that is what most do these days🤷♂️
    Seriously, good luck on housing!

It's not going to be easy. Make Craigslist housing your homepage and refresh that shit 25 times a day. Anything decent is gone in minutes, not hours. As stated having pets will add to the struggle.

I'd get my name on every property manager's call list ASAP. Leasing a room in a place with strangers, while not ideal, could at least get you here while you keep looking.

The housing market in Bozeman is no bueno.

Figure out which agency most of the property managers use for background checks and get it done preemptively. Get a hard copy and include it with any serious application. This approach has gotten an apartment that allows pets in a competitive market. Not a magic bullet but it can’t hurt.

Unless you are hell bent on riding bridger, look down in ennis area. I lived in Virginia city. Took like an hour to get to Bozeman and could still be at moonlight and big sky in an hour too. There’s a gated road you can buy a pass for from ennis to moonlight. It was way cheaper then being up in the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Unless you are hell bent on riding bridger, look down in ennis area. I lived in Virginia city. Took like an hour to get to Bozeman and could still be at moonlight and big sky in an hour too. There’s a gated road you can buy a pass for from ennis to moonlight. It was way cheaper then being up in the city.

And while I live in Bozeman (though technically I don't live in "town"), don't discount Livingston. I think it's a pretty cool spot with a more affordable price-point. Not too far from Bridger, either. Belgrade will also provide more attainable housing options but has less 'soul' than Livingston.
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

While the Ennis deal is certainly one that some folks go down, there’s not many jobs down that way unless:

1. You’re a dirt mover / equipment operator / outfitter
    2. Get a job at the local clinic

Also, I have really wanted to drive Jack Creek Road to Big Sky! However, folks I’ve talked to down that way say it’s not exactly a piece of cake... can be pretty gnarly on storm days and takes a while.

Just FYI, living in Ennis is probably more for the hunting / fishing / snowmobile life.

On the other hand, it’s probably going to blow up sooner or later.

Jack Creek was never bad. Ever. Maybe Montana bad, but was never to the point of impassable and I did it for two years. That road is beautiful. There were days that it sufficed to tour out there instead of hitting the mtn. Miss that place in VC too. Pfouts lane. Badass log home. It was 3 bed 2 and a half bath 800 plus utilities. And it was really nice. I dunno how we scored that.

Does Bozeman have the same 0% vacancy rate as Missoula? Oof.
    Also, that road to Ennis is open now? I thought it was employees only.

Not sure I'd wanna live all the way down there though. Very small.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Paid like 250 or 300 a year or something to access the road

looks like im gonna be at MTSU next year but I am yet to decide on housing. i'm leaning towards living off campus but want to get a better idea of what is available. i'll definitely be looking for some sort of part-time work, too. what is the job market like? i'd really like to work for either a ski company or a shop. i also just want to get a better picture of the town itself before i commit to living there. is it truly the next boulder?
    swing your fucking sword.

Middle Tennessee State is a long ways away.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    looks like im gonna be at MTSU next year but I am yet to decide on housing. i'm leaning towards living off campus but want to get a better idea of what is available. i'll definitely be looking for some sort of part-time work, too. what is the job market like? i'd really like to work for either a ski company or a shop. i also just want to get a better picture of the town itself before i commit to living there. is it truly the next boulder?
    Long drive to ski. Good whiskey though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Middle Tennessee State is a long ways away.
    good baseball program
    swing your fucking sword.

where da fuk is MTSU?