Devinci's warranty......basically no way to not void.

https://www.devinci.com/en/warranty-devinci/

The warranty does not apply if:
    The damages were caused by a fortuitous event;
    The bicycle was purchased from a retailer other than those authorized by devinci;
    The bicycle was not entirely assembled by an authorized devinci retailer;
    The bicycle was repaired by a person other than an authorized devinci retailer;
    You are not the original owner of the bicycle;
    The instructions contained in the user’s manual for all frames and the technical manual for frames with double suspension were not respected;
    The periodic inspection recommended in the user’s manual for all frames and in the technical manual for the frames with double suspension was not carried out;
    Parts not supplied by devinci with the bicycle or not indicated in the user’s manual for all frames or the technical manual for the frames with double suspension were used;
    The bike paint is damaged as a result of an adhesive frame protector installation;
    The bicycle was used for an activity other than those for which it was conceived;
    The bicycle and/or its components were subject to abusive use, negligence, abnormal and/or excessive use or was implicated in an accident;
    The frame is too small for you;
    The frame and/or its components were modified (ex: polishing, structural or mechanical modification or addition, stripping, sanding, strain hardening, shot peening);
    You continued to use your bicycle while it was damaged.

Are you attempting to warranty a Devinci currently?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

no, I do not even own one.

Just looking at bike I may purchased next spring, and by the wording of the warranty its seem like I could never work on my own bike or swap out any components, including the seat post.....

Seems pretty standard to me.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I don't get the impression that you can't swap out components or replace the chain or anything.
    I think when they say "parts not supplied" they mean shock, bearings, hardware, etc.
    You could always call their customer service.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I think they expect you to go thru the dealer

Junior snapped a Devinci FRD1 completely in half back in the day and they gave us a new frame
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Seems pretty standard to me.
    Yup. There's plenty of companies that have similar fine print.

I've always been under the impression that devinci was pretty good to deal with for warranties.

The damages were caused by a fortuitous event;
    This damage was caused by a crash.

So, that means we won't have to replace the frame? How fortuitous.

I had a Devinci. I fuct the fork by hitting a tree (steer tube & crown separated). LBS (Sacred Ride) had me rolling in 3 days. I got some slop in the pivots, Devinci sent me an upgraded pivot kit. I'd buy another.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I've always been under the impression that devinci was pretty good to deal with for warranties.
    Most outdoor companies are these days. They can’t afford to fight you on a warranty. They know social media will crucify them. Easier to just handover a new rear triangle or whatever.

I think that this is an opportunity for the company to cover itself in the event that the warranty request doesn't seem reasonable. That's a hard thing to write in warranty language. A "reasonable" warranty request means different things to different people and many users have expectations that can't be met by any product. If the end user does something obviously stupid or has an unreasonable expectation, it gives the manufacturer an out.

I have had multiple companies extend their warranty to me, a second owner, even when they don't have to. Writing their warranty to say that they won't gives them a reasonable line to defend and also give them the opportunity to go above and beyond. I don't expect a manufacturer to honor a warranty on an item I bought second hand but I'm certainly appreciative when one does it creates brand loyalty.

What is the brand's reputation? Often this is a better indication of how they would handle a warranty request than their warranty fine print.

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Mind you this was 20yrs ago when I asked an LBS with whom I had spent a lot of $$$$$ who gave the best warranty and he said (at that time) Brodie

the guy at Brodie on the other end of the phone would ask what happened, usually laugh, always give the rider something no matter how stupid he had been, even if the LBS said hey this kid was stupid

I got warranty on a Holeshot at that LBS, i told the store guy the rear dropout had cracked at the disc brake which was a standard failure so when I brought the bike in Brodie had given him a frame in advance so I got warranty with all the parts swapped in 2 hrs ... pretty good service

I just had a Brodie frame warranties a couple years ago. Big crack around BB and down tube on my commuter. Replaced quickly with a NOS frame a few years newer with little questions asked, I did send them pictures though. The lbs I originally bought from swapped everything over at Brodie’s request. I was happy with how it all went.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Warranties can always be voided. It’s down to the company. As an example, I own three Rocky Mountain bikes and will never own another. On the other hand, PNW helped me in a tough spot with a dropper under warranty. I will continue to only replace with their products. Talk to people about their experiences.

why did you own 3 Rock Mtns, which is s the same thing i asked a guy who had broke 4 RM7's, his answer was hey its a Rocky so they seem to have a certain cachet in the early mtn bike scene I could never figure out

you want great warranty service just buy any shit bike from Costco and just bring it back when you break it

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    why did you own 3 Rock Mtns, which is s the same thing i asked a guy who had broke 4 RM7's, his answer was hey its a Rocky so they seem to have a certain cachet in the early mtn bike scene I could never figure out

you want great warranty service just buy any shit bike from Costco and just bring it back when you break it
    I own 8 bikes, 5 of which are ridden daily. I have a family (5)and we ride bikes. My first Altitude was a very positive experience until the frame snapped at a weld that was not butted properly. At that point I already owned the other two.

Yes, Cost Co has good warranty.

I wrote a long response, but I don't need to come on the internet and bash. I won't buy any more of their product. I feel my expectations with a bike manufacture are pretty fair. I've been riding mountain bikes since the early 80's and the only have one manufacture I feel this way about. I got pretty frustrated with a REVERB, but have no one to blame but myself for doing the rebuilds and reminded myself that going back through generations of their product, I had never had any problems. I also own Trek, Giant, Gary Fischer and Diamond Back. I have a long history with Specialized, but faded away when they started making one off parts. I've had a Bridgestone, and a lot of Italian and French steel in my early days of road riding and racing. I have perspective on warranty from a lot of years riding.

Did they not honor their warranty if it was a weld snap? That's usually a no-brainer.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

They did not. It was clear the butting was done poorly. They did sell me a crash replacement, which immediately had pivot issues for which they referred the where to buy the pivots they had upgraded to because that years frames had pivot issues. The process left me feeling a bit used.

junior was hitting up the dirt jumps and I'm watching from behind, I hear a big clunk he goes down & looks over the top of the jump holding up 2 pieces of bike ... completely snapped in half

Devinci was good for the new frame which had some extra bracing at the head tube, the FRD1 was a piece of shit any way but put a Boxxer on it and the frame didnt stand a chance against the extra leverage of an 8" fork and he was hard on equipment, we got rid of it for a banshee scream which he couldn't break

to be fair Devinci warrantied the frame & even tried to mitigate the situation when they realized the FRD1 couldnt handle an 8 " fork
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-01-2020 at 07:58 PM.