ID:	342289

Her long what? Penis?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    valium woulda helped that bash
    Said hey babe, take a walk on the wild side

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I think he thinks we're joking.
    I'm not.

Is this the hangover check in thread? Everything is kinda fuzzy this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waking up on a Sunday morning without a bit of a haze is awesome! I never really got hungover but I guess I got the effects of 3-4 drinks without really noticing.
    Sleeping great, may keep this up after the month with exceptions for more special occasions... like just not cause it’s Tuesday.
    I am craving sugar more which makes perfect sense.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Waking up on a Sunday morning without a bit of a haze is awesome! I never really got hungover but I guess I got the effects of 3-4 drinks without really noticing.
    Sleeping great, may keep this up after the month with exceptions for more special occasions... like just not cause it’s Tuesday.
    I am craving sugar more which makes perfect sense.

It will eventually subside, but I was housing cookies and brownies like it was my job for a few months!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Heard that one. If you are just wondering, you're probably good. When other people let you know that you're getting too fucked up, you may need to get your shit together. That was my experience, at least.
    How old are you? I thought you were 18?

Well, almost through the weekend, which is good..... I actually slept pretty good last night.... Prolly not gonna watch any football today, as that would trigger the fuck outta me. Day 5!

DQ’d yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    How old are you? I thought you were 18?
    I just turned 19 but have already had my struggles with substance abuse. Runs in the family. Detox and AA suck, especially when you are 17. I've relapsed a few times since but am going on a few months sober at the moment. All my friends just started college and I am finishing high school because I had to take a gap year for rehab and NOLS. At 19, it is hard to have a good time without drinking and/or drugging. It sucks but I'd rather overcome addiction now when I have relatively few responsibilities as opposed to being 35 with a wife, kids, and job to lose.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    DQ’d yesterday
    This is not helpful......

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    DQ’d yesterday
    They got a Dairy Queen where you at?

I just turned 19 but have already had my struggles with substance abuse. Runs in the family. Detox and AA suck, especially when you are 17. I've relapsed a few times since but am going on a few months sober at the moment. All my friends just started college and I am finishing high school because I had to take a gap year for rehab and NOLS. At 19, it is hard to have a good time without drinking and/or drugging. It sucks but I'd rather overcome addiction now when I have relatively few responsibilities as opposed to being 35 with a wife, kids, and job to lose.
    I somehow managed to always stay on the sober enough side of things to make it thru

but another aspect to think of is that there are just so many cool things to do at 19 that you aren't gona do cuz you are too fuckedup or maybe if yer lucky you won't be too fucked up, in any case good luck !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    They got a Dairy Queen where you at?
    The biggest, and I believe longest running state fair in WA is held in a town named Puyallup. There was a tv commercial with a song: 'do the Puyallup', that every kid in the state could sing cold.

Fast forward many years, when a friend of mine from Canada was visiting Seattle as a tourist, saw that the state fair was happening and decided to drive out there for the day. When they got to Puyallup, they stopped at Dairy Queen where my friend thought he'd find out how locals pronounce the name of their city.

Friend "How do you pronounce the name of this place?"
    Puzzled teenaged DQ worker "Uhmmm... Dairy Queen?"

It’s not like a wife, kids and job are a given when you are in addiction. Or the quality is substantially less.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    It’s not like a wife, kids and job are a given when you are in addiction. Or the quality is substantially less.
    Thats for sure.
    swing your fucking sword.

I'm just going to drop a monster hell yes for your maturity and honesty dropping this. Sculpt the life that you want to live. And, BTW the only real fun of being 19 is having a memory when you are 35 or 45 etc. of how hard you could charge at anything physically. That's the cool part. Take advantage of it and keep your great perspective.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I quit at 29. Wonder what could have been.....

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Grew up going to the Puyallup (Pyu - all - up) fair...on drugs.

While ya'll are doing this whole sober thing, I think I'm about due for a bender. I think I finally hit my limit with 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    While ya'll are doing this whole sober thing, I think I'm about due for a bender. I think I finally hit my limit with 2020.
    Have one for me.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I'm going to have to pick up some cheaper beer, I can't afford to go on a bender fueled by local fresh hop beers that run $3-5/pint.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/03/s...&section=Style

The increase of substance use among parents is “just kind of understandable,” said Jonathan Metzl, the director of the department of medicine, health and society at Vanderbilt University. “This is an incredible, once-in-an-epoch stressful situation, and the kinds of outlets people usually have in their lives are just not available.” We can’t go to the office, we can’t go to the gym, we can’t really see friends or family, and we never get a break.”

“My hobby is doom scrolling and learning the science of Covid and smoking weed and sitting on the toilet staring at the wall,” said Julie Kortekaas, 36, a mother of two children, ages 10 and 18, and a health-food restaurant owner in London, Ontario. “I just hide in my bathroom and vape,” she said, to deal with the stresses of a restaurant industry that’s unrelentingly bleak, customers who are anti-mask and a husband who works as a house painter and is concerned about virus risk in other people’s homes. Ms. Kortekaas has increased her marijuana intake since the pandemic started (it is legal in Canada). “I smoke some weed and am able to calm down and clean my kitchen and do my laundry and do some regular person things,” she said.

Though there aren’t reliable statistics that break down parents’ use of alcohol, marijuana and anti-anxiety medications specifically, overall adult use of these substances has gone up since the pandemic began, said Dr. Nora D. Volkow, the director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse. A nationally representative study of more than 1,500 Americans over 30 published in JAMA Network Open, showed that alcohol use is up among all adults in that age range, but in particular, among non-Hispanic white people, women and those between 30 and 59. Though a desire to blunt the pain and uncertainty of 2020 with all manners of substances is understandable, Dr. Volkow worries that many parents won’t be able to tell when their drinking or drug use tips into dangerous territory. “It’s hard to be aware you’re falling into a pattern that’s problematic,” she said, adding that people with substance abuse disorders may rationalize any amount of intake, and may not be able to recognize that they’re increasing their use over time.

But for some parents, getting just a little stoned is the only way they can eke out a small measure of joy in an otherwise fairly hopeless time. Deborah Stein, 43, said her nightly pot gummy is the one thing allowing her to get a good night’s sleep on a regular basis. She’s the mother of a 21-month-old in Los Angeles and works in the theater industry, which has been “completely decimated” by the virus, and she and her husband are worried for their future livelihood, along with the health of their families, the air quality, the election and about a million other things. After dinner, the couple splits a “chill” gummy containing 1.8 milligrams of THC. “It’s a way of carving out this hour or 90 minutes we get to spend together, before we have to walk the dog,” Ms. Stein said. For at least that brief window, “we get to be peaceful.”

No kids, no pets, no girlfriend, no roommates here. Just at the point where I've had enough on every front.

I can't imagine how draining it must be to be a parent through all of this. If this shit had happened while I was still a kid living at home, my mom and I would have killed each other by now.