Best Bootfitter Option in Seattle

So I'm finally living near the mountains (thank god) but I traded free time for a corporate job...that means now I have some cash to spend.

I'm looking to finally get properly fitted and pay full price for some ski boots and insoles. Looking for a mid-weight 70/30 backcountry boot (Hoji Free, ZeroG, etc).

What's the best place for me to go in the Seattle area and about when do the new 2021 boots come in for the best selection?

Dave the cobbler

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don’t live in Seattle so maybe I’m wrong, but based on the evo bootfitters who post here I would happily go there if they are working during the pandemic. It seems like they may have already sold through their zero g tour pros in a lot of common sizes though.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Very happy with GregL at Evo. He fit up both me and my wife, our feet are happy.

GregL or Brandon at Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    GregL or Brandon at Evo.
    We are there Monday through Wednesday (make a reservation), the boots not so much yet. The exceptions are Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD and Lange XT3 (100mm only). Some Zero G's are in the warehouse, but they are mostly Scouts, not Tour Pros. No Salomon Shifts yet, Atomic Primes are out of stock at Amer for the moment. Normally new stock shows up by the end of October if it ships from the manufacturer.

. . . actually Shift Pro 120/130 is in the warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    GregL or Brandon at Evo.
    They're great, and also my Thing #1 if he's around the shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    We are there Monday through Wednesday (make a reservation), the boots not so much yet. The exceptions are Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD and Lange XT3 (100mm only). Some Zero G's are in the warehouse, but they are mostly Scouts, not Tour Pros. No Salomon Shifts yet, Atomic Primes are out of stock at Amer for the moment. Normally new stock shows up by the end of October if it ships from the manufacturer.
    I can call the shop, and suppose that makes more sense, but what's the going rate for shell work if you BYOB (bring your own boots)? I need to make an appointment in the next few weeks.

I went from a 26.5 Lange RX120 (100mm last), which was always a little too roomy in the heel/ankle, to a 26.5 RX130LV to address the heel/ankle area, but I think I'll need a met head/forefoot punch in the new LV.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I can call the shop, and suppose that makes more sense, but what's the going rate for shell work if you BYOB (bring your own boots)? I need to make an appointment in the next few weeks.
    Check you PM's for details, Glademaster . . .

Greg is the master *prayingemoji*
    Make an appointment or prepare to be disappointed....

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Thanks gregL for the response. I checked the website and looks like the online reservation is not up yet. I'll plan on calling soon to schedule something soon. I've spent hours reading through all your posts and others when I was just getting into skiing. So getting an in person fitting will be pretty awesome.

Thanks, gregL, got a spot on the calendar in a couple weeks.

Keep in mind the evo Seattle store generally only has 1/6 to 1/5 of the online selection and carries a pretty lean size inventory. It can make sense to order a couple sizes of a particular model if you know it’s what your interested in.

I've bought boots or gotten work done at evo's, proski north bend, pro ski seattle, sturdevant's, as well as fanatyk at Whistler. Hands down, go see GregL at Evo's.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool