Reattaching rubber boot soles

One of my wading boot soles has finally come loose, like the whole thing is only being held on by a small row of stitching in the front.

The sole itself is in really good shape for a 10 yr old boot and I’d like to try and reattach it. The steel shank/stiffener is gone as this whole delam happened about a mile into box canyon. Thinking it should be fairly easy to find something at home depot to stick in there.

As far as adhesive material goes I’m not really sure what to use. Don’t think aqua seal is intended for this type of repair although it may work, but would need a shit ton of it. Don’t think you’d want a hard epoxy in a flexible rubber sole either.

aqua seal has a specific product for soles

https://www.gearaid.com/products/aqu...-adhesive-shoe

3M 5200 adhesive. Clean the excess off with mineral spirits immediately.

yeah that ^^ used to be called freesole but aqua seal/ seam grip/ shoogoo/ freesole is all just liquid ureathane in various consistencies depending on what you wana fix, if you are trying to seal a tent seam you don't want super thick shoogoo and if you are building up the sole on a runner you don't want runny seam grip

you could also try glueing it back with a solvent based contact cement, if you don't get high when you open the can its probably latex based and the wrong stuff, latex based contact cement won't hold when it gets wet,

I glued the sole back on some booties with AQS and they held for quite awhile and I just reglued them again,

you gotta clamp AQS in place over night whereas contact cement will stick on contact

I went thru a couple of 8 oz tubes of AQS this year fixing dry suits which is a lot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I'd take them to a cobbler with a good reputation.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

There's some guys in Viet Nam that know how to recondition rubber(s).

Scuff/ sand both surfaces, and clean the fuck out of both surfaces. Then apply Barge contact cement (the red and yellow containers is the good, get you high, shit) and let it dry COMPLETELY. After it's dried heat both surfaces up and stick them together. This is essentially the same steps done to brand new shoes except they have some chemical primers and some different heating steps.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.