Thread: Hoji 110

Hoji 110

I saw the hoji 110 today, narrow but i can make it work.

Had anyone tried it?

It seems reasonably stiff and nice flex.

I come from a Technica zero g, and due to climbing, my big toe has very little range of motion and the Technica is very hard to put on, painful.

The hoji is pretty easy.

Rigid that it might be too soft, even though it didn't seem this way in the shop.

Thank you

Tried the maestrale rs, harder to take off, and it seemed about the same in stiffness.

Haven't skied in a3 part boot in 10 years.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Tried one on this weekend....it was pretty narrow and didn't fit me well. Would take too much work to make it work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by myles long View Post
    Tried one on this weekend....it was pretty narrow and didn't fit me well. Would take too much work to make it work.

Yeah, it is pretty narrow,

What did you think of the flex?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Yeah, it is pretty narrow,

What did you think of the flex?

Only walked around store and flexed a few times so pretty limited, but it felt way softer than my current 130 boots.

The 130s I tried on seemed like a pretty good shop fit for my low volume heels and ankles and low instep, but stiffer than I wanted. I’ve ordered 110s, and should have have em soon.

Stiff and reasonably light 3-piece boot with touring capability? Roxa R3?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Stiff and reasonably light 3-piece boot with touring capability? Roxa R3?
    I've been on the Roxa R3 for the last 3 seasons. Its a great boot and I think it skis really well. In my opinion its a little too stiff and lacks in the range of motion for a full on touring boot. If its a combo resort/sidecountry and an occasional tour then its perfect but for a dedicated touring boot would want something a little more flex and range of motion.

I was thinking of switching to the hoji 100 but it doesn't fit my foot really well. Maybe the softer Roxa or something from the Dalebello Lupo lineup might work better.

Quote Originally Posted by myles long View Post
    I've been on the Roxa R3 for the last 3 seasons. Its a great boot and I think it skis really well. In my opinion its a little too stiff and lacks in the range of motion for a full on touring boot. If its a combo resort/sidecountry and an occasional tour then its perfect but for a dedicated touring boot would want something a little more flex and range of motion.

I was thinking of switching to the hoji 100 but it doesn't fit my foot really well. Maybe the softer Roxa or something from the Dalebello Lupo lineup might work better.
    Myles, what boot were you finishing the hoji 110 when you felt was too soft?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Myles, what boot were you finishing the hoji 110 when you felt was too soft?

I had on a Mastrale XT, and the Scott Cosmos along with the Hoji 110. I didnt think the 110 was too soft, the flex can work. The boot shape didnt really fit my foot all that well, particularly in the instep. Could potentially do some work there but think thats a tough spot to make work, there is likely a different boot that will fit my foot better.....I think if the Hoji 110 fits your foot well, looks like an awesome setup.

I compared the 110 with the maestrale rs, and i thought the flex was similar, but wasn't easy with a hard stop like the maestrale.

However, getting out of the boot was considerably easier. Didn't think this was important until, due to climbing, my big toes don't bend so much