TR: Gallup and the Zuni Kingdom

Past Shiprock.

Zuni Mountains. Navajo spoken at the trailhead. Trails reminded me of the complex at McNary-Pinetop.

Forest roads in the Zuni Mountains.

Surprisingly rideable.

Halfway up Tsoodzil.

Grants. Quite the dump. Like, the entire town looks like this.

High Desert Trails, Gallup. Part Phil's World, a little bit of Santa Fe.

Cool. I stopped in Gallup on the way back from Durango. Fun trails!

How did you like the Zuni Mtns? I was going to stop there too but a big thunder storm rolled through.

Nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

always good to see a tr.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post

How did you like the Zuni Mtns? I was going to stop there too but a big thunder storm rolled through.
    I did the 24hrs of enchanted forest race thing in the Zuni’s a few years back. Kinda cool how a forested area pops out of the desert. Great XC type ripper trails. I really liked the place some for reason. It’s not worth a dedicated trip but a great place to ride if passing through.

Just chiming in to confirm Grants is indeed a festering shithole......Nice pics.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I did the 24hrs of enchanted forest race thing in the Zuni’s a few years back. Kinda cool how a forested area pops out of the desert. Great XC type ripper trails. I really liked the place some for reason. It’s not worth a dedicated trip but a great place to ride if passing through.
    I did 21.5 miles and only had 1,834 feet of climbing. It's flat, smooth, and soft, with occasional little patches of slickrock. Relaxing and scenic.

Nice TR. Looks chill. And that ground cover looks ripe to flash with one spark.
    Chokin on smoke lately makes me think that way, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Nice TR. Looks chill. And that ground cover looks ripe to flash with one spark.
    Chokin on smoke lately makes me think that way, I guess.
    #stoner

cool trip, any skin walker sightings?

Gallup is... well, the only time I've ever seen a security guard at a McDonalds was in Gallup.

Cool pics, looks like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Gallup is... well, the only time I've ever seen a security guard at a McDonalds was in Gallup.

Cool pics, looks like fun!
    Gallup is sketchy AF. I guess one year during their 4th of July parade a high school student took the mayor hostage with a gun and paraded him around on a float for everyone to see.
    dirtbag, not a dentist