Thread: RIP Bob Gore

RIP Bob Gore

Thanks for helping generations of people enjoy playing outside.

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/indu...outerwear-dies

Yep. Pretty cool stuff you gave us Bob. Thanks.
    I still call it The Jake.

I used a lot of Gore vascular grafts and sutures. Good stuff. At one point the Gore rep for my hospital was particularly aggressively friendly, trying to talk to me a lot. One day I climbed Donner Peak and there was a summit register. I peeked at it and there was the rep's business card. I accused him of stalking me outside of work.
    Still the gold standard for waterproof breathable imo. Others will disagree.

Like fat skis Gore allowed a bunch of novices to access areas most of us enjoyed without them. Not saying I don't use Gore type products, but some of use would be out there without it, unlike many.

Bring back the oil wool sweater.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Like fat skis Gore allowed a bunch of novices to access areas most of us enjoyed without them. Not saying I don't use Gore type products, but some of use would be out there without it, unlike many.

Bring back the oil wool sweater.
    and 60-40 cloth.
    (see my avatar--all wool. Taken at Mt Washington NH on an ice climbing trip.)