Timberline, Meadows or Skibowl?

Looking to take a chance on a ski vacation this winter, we have a spot to stay with some friends in Gov Camp. I've never been to any of these 3 spots, curious which may be the most family friendly ( skiers aged 7-11, mix of begineers and intermediate shredders...)

What's the maggot opinion of Skibowl, Timberline and Meadows?

SkiBowl has some fantastic terrain, particulary the upper bowl but it's low so it rains a lot there. If you're in govy and you can call audibles on the morning and it's cold and has snowed, hit Ski Bowl.
    Timberline is really flat, good for beginners and intermediates, but nothing for experts.
    MHM has the best terrain (Ski Bowl has a higher percentage one might argue) but it can be such a fecalfest crowds wise, for the money, I'd only go there if conditions suck elsewhere.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Looking to take a chance on a ski vacation this winter, we have a spot to stay with some friends in Gov Camp. I've never been to any of these 3 spots, curious which may be the most family friendly ( skiers aged 7-11, mix of begineers and intermediate shredders...)

What's the maggot opinion of Skibowl, Timberline and Meadows?
    If family-friendly is the priority, Timberline is the answer. Buster summarized well above.

Timberline lodge itself is extremely cool, walk around in there a little if you get the chance, the restaurant got a lot better there too,
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

All of the above is accurate.

I love all three. Try to hit em all.

Ski Bowl for night skiing should definitely be on your list.

I hope you have a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    SkiBowl has some fantastic terrain, particulary the upper bowl but it's low so it rains a lot there. If you're in govy and you can call audibles on the morning and it's cold and has snowed, hit Ski Bowl.
    Timberline is really flat, good for beginners and intermediates, but nothing for experts.
    MHM has the best terrain (Ski Bowl has a higher percentage one might argue) but it can be such a fecalfest crowds wise, for the money, I'd only go there if conditions suck elsewhere.
    ^ Yes. Plus avoid MHM on a weekend. Just an FYI, all of Ski Bowls lifts are Riblet doubles with original chairs, some little ones and moms are unsortable in them. T Line has all HSQ and the new (ish) lift, Jeff Flood makes it less boring there

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Fun Fact: The outside of Timberline Lodge was filmed as The Overlook Hotel in The Shining.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200602_120300.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	587.7 KB 
ID:	340968
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Awesome intel, I am in your debt!

We always said the fecalfest at MHM just made bachelor that much closer.

Love ski bowl...especially at night when it’s more likely to be snowing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    I love all three. Try to hit em all.

Ski Bowl for night skiing should definitely be on your list.

I hope you have a great trip.
    And Bachelor for the multi-day trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Timberline lodge itself is extremely cool, walk around in there a little if you get the chance, the restaurant got a lot better there too,

+1

When will you be in Govy? I would build a plan more centered on when you are in town and how long you can stay.

Also, Bach is great, but sorry friends, if I have lodging in Govy, I am not driving 95 miles for it. Certainly tag it on to the end or the beginning of the trip, but otherwise soak up the Govy vibe and access the local lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Awesome intel, I am in your debt!
    You can repay that debt by teaching jonesy to post photos correctly...

Name:  jj.JPG.jpg
Views: 2477
Size:  24.1 KB
    Tbs hs graduation pic
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Hey, you got that oriented oriented correctly. One in a row!

Would love to finally meet tbs and understand how he drinks beers with a joint in mouth and gold feather apparatus through the septum

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Would love to finally meet tbs and understand how he drinks beers with a joint in mouth and gold feather apparatus through the septum
    Very carefully, obvi

temp got to 32 last night at 7300' per MHM CSX telemetry

Meadows can be a real fluster cluck. I think they staff just short of minimum.

,The thing I did enjoy at Meadows was that, the place is a good ski area to ski with a partner who is not able to ski terrain as steep as you are. They can ski the groomers and you can have a great time by traversing above the groomer that your partner is skiing. You just hold your traverse and keep your eyes on the slopes below you. Fantastic tree skiing can be found in those trees. There is some very good terrain to be had in this manner. Then you either meet your partner on the groomer or at the base lift. Each of you can have runs that are challenging and rewarding. It can be very entertaining on a power day

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I has skillz