WTB - binding freedom inserts/tools

Long story short, I taught myself how to mount skis off these boards like 10 years ago, but want to get back into it!

Thinking about running some threaded inserts and wondering if anyone is ready to give up or move out of the DIY insert world.

I'm interested in the taps, tool kit, and inserts if available.

Thanks.

FWIW, I like using a regular M5 bolt with a nylock nut (backwards, so the crown faces the insert) better than the actual BF tool for installation. I can check if I still have the tool somewhere if you want it though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8730.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	340834
    I have this set up I’m not using. Also have some screws, might have some inserts too. I’d have to do some digging. If that’s what you want let me know.

WTB - binding freedom inserts/tools

SVST makes / sales everything you need. That being said it’s a just a standard 5/16-18 bottom tap. I use a 6.5mm drill bit that has been step ground to ensure perfect depth. Drill bit stop collars can also work but are less accurate. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1600579310.125485.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	265.0 KB 
ID:	340843

I drill and tap everything right threw the binding jig to make sure it’s all 100% on. Then pull jig and use a 82 degree #11 countersink before installing the inserts. For installers I have found a home made one using m5 thread and a stop nut similar to an old school Helicoil installer works way better than any of the “official” installers.

Not trying to jump in on this ahead of OP- I just bought a jigarex and I’m also looking to mount some insterts, so looking for inserts, screws etc

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

binding freedom is still in business. I just bout a bunch of inserts/screws.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

yeah I bought a Jigarex plate last week.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

they have been out of the jig itself for a while now.... anybody know where I can get one?

Check w Tognar - they usually have a pretty good idea of when they’ll get jigarex stuff in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes don't forget to support these folks and buy their great products.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    binding freedom is still in business. I just bout a bunch of inserts/screws.