Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: RBG is dead

Mr. Crowder has added a few pounds during covid-19.

I suspect this was written before RBG passed, but the article could well include a postscript where an even-numbered or far right SCOTUS could be the end of the line. A long read, but worthy of the investment. And it might scare the shit out of you no matter your leanings.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...oncede/616424/
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

RBG is dead

“Ohhh this is tooo poly” Go hide then. This world has become political as a result of lier in chief. You are completely welcome to defend your position but because it’s really fucking tough to defend Trumps actions by anyone that’s not a simpleton, bootlicker, or devoutly religious- you don’t.
    Do you go comment on Fox threads with the “you know this D vs R shit “ ??

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    The EC and Senate may have been brilliant at the time, now they're being leveraged by the minority to impose their will on the majority of the population. Maybe we'll really enjoy our religious fundamentalist society that's being imposed on us. If the GOP's ideas are so great why not just pass laws instead of having to use the courts to get their way? They could've overturned ACA, for example, at any time, but they didn't. Instead they're using the courts to do it. Why is that? It's not because the EC and Senate are "brilliant" manifestations of the Founders...it's because these politicians have no ideas to replace the ACA.

They could impeach Kav all they want, but they're never going to get enough votes in the Senate to make it happen.

What is this majority you're speaking of?

The Winner in 2016, 2012, 2008 and probably 2020 by 15-20% is a non-vote.

Its safe to say there is no majority.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I suspect this was written before RBG passed, but the article could well include a postscript where an even-numbered or far right SCOTUS could be the end of the line. A long read, but worthy of the investment. And it might scare the shit out of you no matter your leanings.

That was a chilling read. I was slightly annoyed at the overly alarmist feeling of the first half but by the time I made it to the end I was legitimately gripped.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but it's guuuuuud.

Good stuff, maybe the best description of McConnell I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    “Ohhh this is tooo poly” Go hide then. This world has become political as a result of lier in chief. You are completely welcome to defend your position but because it’s really fucking tough to defend Trumps actions by anyone that’s not a simpleton, bootlicker, or devoutly religious- you don’t.
    Do you go comment on Fox threads with the “you know this D vs R shit “ ??
    Who are you talking to?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Who are you talking to?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

All plausible and probable events that await us in 6 weeks time.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

This world has become political as a result of lier in chief.
    Third wave feminists have ben telling us that everything is political for 30 years. One of Trump's gifts to us is making it easier to see that they were right. It's fuckin exhausting, but they were right.

Trump's other gift to us is revealing just how compromised our democracy has become. Americans should have stormed the supreme court and demanded reforms when Citizens United won. We didn't. Now we'll need to do a lot more if we're going to recover our soul.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but it's guuuuuud.

Funny, yes. Somehow I see that dude in that Deliverance scene, “panties too, now squeal like a pig”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBG is dead

Who are you talking to?
    It was a response to you and Timber. I’m admittedly fired up after hearing that asshat Daniel Cameron sellout and carry Trumps water. Hope he’s got enough to put out that fire your area’s about to feel.

I’ve got no time for gaslighting mother fuckers anymore. That would be too strong of words for what you’ve contributed- so I’m not trying to label you - just venting. But damn don’t act like the left doesn’t have a case when the right is choking the US fabric on a power grab.
    I had to hear baseless bitching about Obama for eight years. And this mfr and the senate get a pass? History will bear out all the facts.

I’m tired of people telling Americans that what they see isn’t real. Now these armed supremacist militia in the street.. Fuck that.
    Forgive me if it felt too personal.

It was a response to you and Timber. I’m admittedly fired up after hearing that asshat Daniel Cameron sellout and carry Trumps water. Hope he’s got enough to put out that fire your area’s about to feel.

I’ve got no time for gaslighting mother fuckers anymore. That would be too strong of words for what you’ve contributed- so I’m not trying to label you - just venting. But damn don’t act like the left doesn’t have a case when the right is choking the US fabric on a power grab.
    I had to hear baseless bitching about Obama for eight years. And this mfr and the senate get a pass? History will bear out all the facts.

I’m tired of people telling Americans that what they see isn’t real. Now these armed supremacist militia in the street.. Fuck that.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Sweet polyass thread
    . . .

Core likes the ass.

Thanks. I appreciate your honesty.

I think you’ll find if you look at my posting in general here is that I don’t care about politics. I hate Trump and sycophants on any team, particularly his though in this day and age.

I think if you’ll look at my posting in this thread you’ll see

1) I asked for an explanation on why Rootskier thinks the Senate should be disbanded, and

2) I defended the SCOTUS Justices as not being political hacks. As an attorney the court has always impressed me.

I don’t call out one team or defend another because it’s all bullshit to me, marching towards the bottom. And, as I said, that exercise sounds absolutely exhausting. I can dislike the direction the country is headed and choose not to spend my time calling bullshit on it every time I see it, because if I did, I would have no time to live my life.

Oh and I know you said you weren’t trying to label me, so thanks. But for the record I don’t watch Fox so I won’t be in any threads about Fox calling those asshats on their shit as well. I stay out of Polyass and called a RIP thread out as going full polyass, that’s it.

Anyway, you feel like a lot of people do these days, you admitted you were heated, and not too many people do that at all anymore. So cheers.
    I still call it The Jake.

Thanks. I appreciate your honesty.

I think you’ll find if you look at my posting in general here is that I don’t care about politics. I hate Trump and sycophants on any team, particularly his though in this day and age.

I think if you’ll look at my posting in this thread you’ll see

1) I asked for an explanation on why Rootskier thinks the Senate should be disbanded, and

2) I defended the SCOTUS Justices as not being political hacks. As an attorney the court has always impressed me.

I don’t call out one team or defend another because it’s all bullshit to me, marching towards the bottom. And, as I said, that exercise sounds absolutely exhausting. I can dislike the direction the country is headed and choose not to spend my time calling bullshit on it every time I see it, because if I did, I would have no time to live my life.

Oh and I know you said you weren’t trying to label me, so thanks. But for the record I don’t watch Fox so I won’t be in any threads about Fox calling those asshats on their shit as well. I stay out of Polyass and called a RIP thread out as going full polyass, that’s it.

Anyway, you feel like a lot of people do these days, you admitted you were heated, and not too many people do that at all anymore. So cheers.
    Fair and respectable response. I’m probably encompassing a wide swath of intake information and commingling my outward sentiment. The nation is in trouble and I’ve never had such a poor outlook on it all. I can only imaging I’m not alone and in that I have have some hope. We need a tourniquet stat!

We need a tourniquet stat!
    If only we had a poster on here espousing daily carry of tourniquets!

Great response. This is where Andrew Shepherd (POTUS) would say, "...let's keep out eye on the ball.."
    Losing RBG is sad for all American's regardless of politics. She was a rockstar who deserves are respect. RIP great lady!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

My sentiments exactly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4008.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	341143

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Neat. I like how the web site let's you toggle between the front and the plain white back. (I thought it was polka dots at first but it's just dirt on my screen.)

I loved that old lady.

you heard it here first - my sister is going to be a Federal Circuit Court judge one day - and she wants to sit on the Supreme Court
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by fhw View Post
    Frankly, if you want a pure democracy, we should all vote on every bill. Representative democracy is already a departure from the purest form of democracy.

I like what the Founding Fathers created. I think you should all keep your grubby hands off it.
    With the use of technology we could have that now; heck in 5 years there would be zero reason to not do this but it’ll never happen due to lobbying and people in a position of power. I also don’t think a large majority of the citizens would vote on bills or even take the time to understand them.