Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: RBG is dead

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    fuck 2020 in its non-lubed anal wart infested ass
    October Surprise is just around the corner.

I have a bad feeling this will get worse before it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    RvW is a big deal, but it affects are realatively small portion of people (pregnant women who want an abortion.)
    Actually, Doctor, it additionally effects the men that got those women pregnant, their respective familes, and the nurses and doctors that cross picket lines to get to their jobs to help those people, Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I’m about as far from a courtroom dentist as they come and nothing about that was “Little”.

It went against the entirety of the chicken little of the left.

It went against the entirety of the self-assured right.

The Supreme Court Justices are not the hacks you people make them out to be.

Need evidence? Look no further than the namesake of this thread.
    I say little because it wasn't a case that involved one of the core principles of the right. Not because the issue isn't important.
    The majority of controversial cases are still predictable, if not perfectly so. And it's not just the conservatives that are predictable--if anything the liberal justices are more predictable than the so called conservatives. With O'Connor, Kennedy, and now Roberts the swing vote has always been a conservative. Any Justice who claims that they vote based only on the law as written is either lying or more likely kidding themselves. Just like a politician who says big donors don't get special consideration or doctors who say free golf outings don't influence their prescribing. It's not a question of being hacks. It's a question of being human.

One irony involving Justice Ginsburg. She said that she couldn't get a job because she was a woman, a Jew and a mother. The Justice who turned her down for a clerkship was Felix Frankfurter, a Jew. He was unable to see that the same obstacles he must have encountered in his career because of being Jewish RBG encountered as a woman.

Go ahead, it's your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    5) eliminate the electoral college.
    Fail.

The electoral college and senate design were both brilliant. City slickers have no understanding or interest in country or farming issues other than where’s my presliced meat under Saran Wrap with a maxi pad underneath.

Chicago vs the rest of Illinois is a classic example. Rule by city population produces only city representation.

A similar result would be no recreation on federal land since city folks don’t understand why you outdoor junkies like fresh air and open skies.
    . . .

I would have described a potential male nominee as a feckless cunt too. Words only have as much power as you give them, and I learned at a young age that not ascribing significance to hurtful words is one way to deal with verbal/emotional abuse. Shrug.

It warms the cockles of my heart to see some of you folks riled up over a little word though.

Anyway, I don't want or need to derail a thread about RBG. RIP.

Yesterday Heather Cox Richardson was throwing out nuclear options if the Dems when a majority. Impeach Kavanaugh was one of them. He had some outstanding debts before he was appointed that disappeared before his appointment. Seems fair.

We do need to rebalance. We are being ruled by the racist assholes in the jacked up trucks.

Soulskier options 1 to 4 and option 5 from ss should all be on the table.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fail.

The electoral college and senate design were both brilliant. City slickers have no understanding or interest in country or farming issues other than where’s my presliced meat under Saran Wrap with a maxi pad underneath.

Chicago vs the rest of Illinois is a classic example. Rule by city population produces only city representation.

A similar result would be no recreation on federal land since city folks don’t understand why you outdoor junkies like fresh air and open skies.
    The EC and Senate may have been brilliant at the time, now they're being leveraged by the minority to impose their will on the majority of the population. Maybe we'll really enjoy our religious fundamentalist society that's being imposed on us. If the GOP's ideas are so great why not just pass laws instead of having to use the courts to get their way? They could've overturned ACA, for example, at any time, but they didn't. Instead they're using the courts to do it. Why is that? It's not because the EC and Senate are "brilliant" manifestations of the Founders...it's because these politicians have no ideas to replace the ACA.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yesterday Heather Cox Richardson was throwing out nuclear options if the Dems when a majority. Impeach Kavanaugh was one of them. He had some outstanding debts before he was appointed that disappeared before his appointment. Seems fair.

We do need to rebalance. We are being ruled by the racist assholes in the jacked up trucks.

Soulskier options 1 to 4 and option 5 from ss should all be on the table.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    They could impeach Kav all they want, but they're never going to get enough votes in the Senate to make it happen.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fail.

The electoral college was created because the founders thought that the population at large was too uneducated and too easily manipulated and would be prone to electing unfit leaders. The EC was supposed to be folks that were more politically educated in each state and would take the results of the Presidential election as a non-binding advisory. It was their job to determine if the candidate that received the votes in the state was fit for office, or vote for someone else. Once again, we are a Democratic Republic, not a Democracy. In my eyes, the EC failed miserably in 2016 because they thought putting someone in the highest office in the land with no previous governmental experience among many other personal faults and issues was a good idea. The EC failed to do it's one job and sus out if the candidate was fit. The EC is also balanced upon the once a decade census numbers (which has it's own issues) so equal representation over time is not guaranteed. Top that off with multiple elections where the winner lost the popular vote in the nation by significant margins and you have an outdated system. EC needs to go.

I am a fan of the design of Congress for balancing urban/rural issues, I just wish we had a 3+ party system and coalitions needed to form to help balance out the waves and deadlock.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    I am a fan of the design of Congress for balancing urban/rural issues, I just wish we had a 3+ party system and coalitions needed to form to help balance out the waves and deadlock.
    +1. Duopoly does not achieve the competition among politicians (and ideas) the founders sought. Now, magnified by the internet and foreign interference, all either side needs is to talk down the other side and with no third(+) option we get negativity and focus on failure 24/7/365.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    The electoral college was created because the founders thought that the population at large was too uneducated and too easily manipulated and would be prone to electing unfit leaders.
    ¡Que irónico!

… I just wish we had a 3+ party system and coalitions needed to form to help balance out the waves and deadlock.
    I sometimes wonder if that would work here. I’d like to think so.

I’m about as far from a courtroom dentist as they come and nothing about that was “Little”.

It went against the entirety of the chicken little of the left.

It went against the entirety of the self-assured right.

The Supreme Court Justices are not the hacks you people make them out to be.

Need evidence? Look no further than the namesake of this thread.
    This is profoundly silly. Roberts' moves are all about protecting the perceived legitimacy of the court, and the ACA decision was a strategic whittling away of long-understood notions of the Commerce Clause power to set the stage for a much larger can of conservative whoop-ass on future laws passed by the coming Democratic majority. See also Shelby County, which was far more devious.

But go off and tell us something about how Roberts just calls balls and strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    October Surprises are just around the corner.
    FIFY
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

2 parties = efficiency in first past the post. You need ranked choice to have more than 2 work.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ¡Que irónico!
    Oh, don't misunderstand me. I do believe that we need an outside system in place to vet out the candidate for President because the founders were right that the population is as dumb as a box of rocks. Just being 35 and a natural born citizen isn't enough of a bar though. The idea of the EC wasn't necessarily bad, but in practice it failed.

I don't know what an EC replacement would be exactly. Maybe up the requirements to include 10 years in some form of public service (military time included)? Confirmation process with approval by 60% of Congress (both houses) and Supreme Court and add in a rule that no further govt. business may be taken up until a new executive is confirmed? The two party system tentacles have a choke hold on everything and broke the idea of the EC being a stop to a loose canon candidate. The primaries are broken as they're just pandering to the extreme sides, the general is broken as it has become Us v Them without a moderating force to keep things from rocking too hard.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    This is profoundly silly. Roberts' moves are all about protecting the perceived legitimacy of the court, and the ACA decision was a strategic whittling away of long-understood notions of the Commerce Clause power to set the stage for a much larger can of conservative whoop-ass on future laws passed by the coming Democratic majority. See also Shelby County, which was far more devious.

But go off and tell us something about how Roberts just calls balls and strikes.
    I think Robert's reasoning in upholding the ACA in Sebelius was contorted, but you must have a window into his mind.

I had no idea the Chief Justice has a plan for "a strategic whittling away of long-understood notions of the Commerce Clause power to set the stage for a much larger can of conservative whoop-ass on future laws passed by the coming Democratic majority".

Did his strategic plan also foresee Scalia's death, RBG's, and the necessary conservative replacements for both to enact the conservative whoop as on the also-foreseen Democratic majority.

Alright, punt this thread back to polyass where it belongs. That's enough reckless speculation for one day. I don't know how anyone has the energy, or interest, to play D vs. R all day long, much less view their world through that silly exercise.
    I still call it The Jake.

The individual mandate, the real centerpiece of the ACA and without which the pre-existing conditions portion would not work, was upheld under Congress's Taxing powers, not the Commerce Clause. That was the surprising part of the decision.

Yeah no kidding, willie.

Yeah no kidding, willie.
    Okay.......So what were you saying again? TBH, I don't understand anything about that post. "Setting the stage for a much larger can of conservative whoop-ass"? What?

I I don't know how anyone has the energy, or interest, to play D vs. R all day long, much less view their world through that silly exercise.
    Amen

Apologies if this has already been posted, but it's guuuuuud.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Alright, punt this thread back to polyass where it belongs.
    Good luck with that.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but it's guuuuuud.

That was indeed good! Hell yeah at the end.