Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: RBG is dead

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I loved that old lady.

you heard it here first - my sister is going to be a Federal Circuit Court judge one day - and she wants to sit on the Supreme Court
    Until they find out about her hippie brother. JK.

Said it in poliass, repeating here: Ruth Bader Ginsburg is going to be replaced by a woman who walked through every door that Ginsburg opened for her so she can promptly use her position to shut them all for others behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Said it in poliass, repeating here: Ruth Bader Ginsburg is going to be replaced by a woman who walked through every door that Ginsburg opened for her so she can promptly use her position to shut them all for others behind her.
    Exactly.

New mural in Denver
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0091.jpeg 
Views:	102 
Size:	242.9 KB 
ID:	341560

Solid mural to the real OG

wow you're so original. which one of the dozens upon dozens of memes circulating through social media did you plagiarize that from?
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    wow you're so original. which one of the dozens upon dozens of memes circulating through social media did you plagiarize that from?
    Doesn't matter which one, if any, if it's the truth, which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    You're really looking forward to that day when you can boss women around and they don't tell you to fuck off, right?
    I know you probably think you're a normal person in Arco or Idaho Falls, but you're actually a complete fucktard, most likely the result of generations of inbred Mormon sister fuckers. Best o' luck with that going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Until they find out about her hippie brother. JK.
    her own past would be more of a liability than me
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

You're really looking forward to that day when you can boss women around and they don't tell you to fuck off, right?
    I know you probably think you're a normal person in Arco or Idaho Falls, but you're actually a complete fucktard, most likely the result of generations of inbred Mormon sister fuckers. Best o' luck with that going forward.
    Don't hold back man. Tell us how you really feel.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    her own past would be more of a liability than me
    worse than lying, cheating, draft dodging, pussy grabbing, rape the don trump has already broken down all those barriers and the only thing he didnt get around to is shoot someone on 5th ave
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-27-2020 at 04:56 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sweet polyass thread
    . . .

Thats funny
    Hilarious because prob true

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Doesn't matter which one, if any, if it's the truth, which it is.
    Which part is true?

I mean, it's a great soundbite, but what exactly is she going to walk back that RBG was responsible for?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Sweet polyass thread
    You knew it based on the title. Yet you keep coming in here. Sweet self righteousness. Bet your ego gets a shot of endorphins everytime you post this.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Which part is true?

I mean, it's a great soundbite, but what exactly is she going to walk back that RBG was responsible for?
    Obergefell and Whole Women's Health would seem to be on the table if you're really asking. But the question comes across more as a deliberate interest in missing the forest for the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Obergefell and Whole Women's Health would seem to be on the table if you're really asking. But the question comes across more as a deliberate interest in missing the forest for the trees.
    So how did RBGs women’s health /abortion voting record in the past few years open the door for this woman to get nominated to the SC? And how would a reversal of these rulings prevent other women from being nominated to the SC?

Or maybe it was just a stupid Twitter/IG meme that doesn’t make any sense if you think about it for more than 10 seconds?

There it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    So how did RBGs women’s health /abortion voting record in the past few years open the door for this woman to get nominated to the SC? And how would a reversal of these rulings prevent other women from being nominated to the SC?

Or maybe it was just a stupid Twitter/IG meme that doesn’t make any sense if you think about it for more than 10 seconds?
    She opened doors as the leader of the ACLU's Women's Rights Project--that was where her historical importance lies. She was only the second woman on the Court--without her work with the ACLU it is possible there would never have been one.. Her votes in recent years were of less importance than her work with the ACLU. Her dissent in Ledbetter vs Goodyear Tire and Rubber led to the Lily Ledbetter fair pay act, although without the law it is likely that Judge Barrett would still be paid the same as the male justices assuming she is concerned. Ginsburg was in the majority on some abortion decisions that prevented states from completely emasculating (poor choice of words?) the right to choose. At 48 I suppose it is possible that Judge Barrett might want to avail herself of that right but it seems unlikely.

But if you only understand Justice Ginsburg as the Notorious RBG--an old lady who liked to work out--then yeah, I guess you might not understand her importance to women's rights.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    She opened doors as the leader of the ACLU's Women's Rights Project--that was where her historical importance lies. She was only the second woman on the Court--without her work with the ACLU it is possible there would never have been one.. Her votes in recent years were of less importance than her work with the ACLU. Her dissent in Ledbetter vs Goodyear Tire and Rubber led to the Lily Ledbetter fair pay act, although without the law it is likely that Judge Barrett would still be paid the same as the male justices assuming she is concerned. Ginsburg was in the majority on some abortion decisions that prevented states from completely emasculating (poor choice of words?) the right to choose. At 48 I suppose it is possible that Judge Barrett might want to avail herself of that right but it seems unlikely.

But if you only understand Justice Ginsburg as the Notorious RBG--an old lady who liked to work out--then yeah, I guess you might not understand her importance to women's rights.
    And which of those things do you think Judge Barrett will “close the door” on?

Don't hold back man. Tell us how you really feel.
    I was in a particularly foul mood this morning. And, yes, I got that off a friend's twitter and reposted it because it said everything. Why the fuck should women even have to fight for their rights and what kind of people would oppose that equality?

"In a 2018 interview with the South Bend Tribune, Barrett’s home paper, the group’s current “coordinator,” Craig Lent, confirmed that People of Praise opposes abortion, gay rights, and marriage equality, and believes that “men are leaders of their families, but that they should be ‘servant leaders,’ as Jesus Christ was.” Still, Lent insisted the group “stays out of politics,” the paper reported."

"...And it’s important to note that People of Praise is significantly more restrictive than Catholicism. The group has gotten some exaggerated and unfair coverage—while it traditionally termed male community leaders “heads” and their female counterparts “handmaids,...”

"...there is no denying that the group opposes abortion and gay marriage and bars “out” LGBT people from membership. Its South Bend school, Trinity, where Barrett was on the board for several years, teaches male and female students separately and prohibits dating."

Wow, she sure sounds in step with the times. What an excellent candidate the orange haired shit-gibbon and his merry band are ramming through... Oh, so sorry. Did I poly-ass Coreshot or Dbased? too fucking bad.

Oh sweet mother of christ. You guys (and gals) down there are royally and completely fucked.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!