Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG is dead

Sounds like Trump’s top pick is anti-abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So she's a strong supporter of a robust, government-funded program to provide prenatal care and any needed delivery support for every pregnant woman in America, right?

/s in case it's not obvious.

I'm fucking stunned.

I wonder if she's strongly against gun control?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

She's a Catholic woman, so it's redundant to call her a feckless cunt.

nice...

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Then McConnel came along.
    That shit he did in '16 blew my mind. There are very few people for whom I reserve the word 'hatred'. He's one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    She's a Catholic woman, so it's redundant to call her a feckless cunt.

Wow. Just fucking wow.

This country is filled with fucking trash.

Quote Originally Posted by fhw View Post
    Wow. Just fucking wow.

This country is filled with fucking trash.
    You maybe right, but glademaster needs help with his feelings about women and is not representative of the group here.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You maybe right, but glademaster needs help with his feelings about women and is not representative of the group here.
    Incel
    Intervention?
    . . .

The conversation right now is about whether she should make that stance clear during confirmation hearings or go the way Gorsuch and Kavanaugh have gone, mumbling something about respecting precedent and RvW being settled law while crossing fingers behind their backs and winking repeatedly while Susan fucking Collins looks the other way. Legal experts are 50/50 on the fact that she could come out and state that she's for a full repeal and it wouldn't move the needle one bit in the hearing. The senate majority and the soon to be court majority are about 1 mile to the right of where the country is right now and give no fucks.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Tell fhw to fuck off. Cunt is a totally used and acceptable term in much of the world, don'tcha know you bunch of Nancy boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Tell fhw to fuck off. Cunt is a totally used and acceptable term in much of the world, don'tcha know you bunch of Nancy boys.
    Watching one episode of The Boys on Amazon leads to the use of that word going up 20-fold the following day...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Watched an episode, was not impressed enough to tune in again. If they called fhw a cunt I may give it another go.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Yeah, try yelling it at your local RBG rally

The c word strikes a chord. And it’s not a good one.

And glade wasn’t being all jiggy and woke sayin I’m down with my cunt friends. We chat women’s studies at the barista shop.

He wasn’t even sayin imma pound that cunt till it screams for mercy.

I’m not even sure he’s fingered a Vaginia yet.
    . . .

Obviously not a Jim Jeffries fan are you? As for the other whiny cunts around here, I could give two fucks what they think.

Yes it is a life time appointment , and a SCJ can rule anyway hetshe chooses, but by picking people with certain beliefs and attitude one can predict their vote reasonably well. The new nominee will not have to come out and say she will strike down RvW, but it is pretty obvious she will. Even if she says it right up front she will have the votes to pass.

As for McConnell, the oriblem.is you can only beat him if you lower yourself to his level, and few if any dems will do that. Someday people may wake up to what an immoral bastard he and most of the GOP are, but in the mean time they have fucked the country for many years to come.

Sure we may get some form of universal health care out of this debacle, but it will be years and lots will suffer greatly in the mean time. ACA is probably the most important issue to hit the SCin a long time. RvW is a big deal, but it affects are realatively small portion of people (pregnant women who want an abortion.) Once ACA is gone and there is nothing to replace it (who thinks Trump and the GOP actually have a plan?) a lot of people will be truly fucked. Of course the GOPwill blame it all on dems, and their voters will believe them.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Solid take^^^^Murica, Fuck Ya!

If the GOP controlled Senate and our President are not going to play by the rules and grab as much power as they can while they are still holding on to a majority position with a minority of the popular vote I personally think its time for the Democrats to start fighting as dirty as their colleagues across the isle. If the Democrats take the House, Senate, and Presidency in November they have two years to tilt the playing field in their direction.

1) Eliminate the filibuster
    2) Pack the Supreme Court
    3) Grant statehood to Puerto Rico and DC and lock in 4 new democratic senators
    4) Establish clear federal guidelines around gerrymandering and voter rights

If all 4 of the these things happen then control of the Senate could still be competitive depending on the electoral map but the House and the Presidency would skew democrat. I can live with that division of power, after all at the end of the day (pre-trump anyway) the United States is a nation of centrists. A continuing situation where a minority of voters in smaller population states is holding the majority of voters in larger population states hostage to their idea of what the United States should be is not a viable long term option and will result in consequences that we can't even begin to predict.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

5) eliminate the electoral college.

The only way I would even consider getting down in the mud with the worst Rs is if the designated bagman gets a complete mind wipe immediately afterwards. Nah ....... not even then; we should be able to come up with a short term gain that works as well for the long hall. Using power optimally is a subtle art, of which neither party seems capable.
    Rs can only bludgeon us in reactionary fear, and Ds think it's all beneath them for the most part. Nobody with long vision seems capable of deftly using power to move us all forward incrementally.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I don’t really see those scenarios playing out. There are certainly liberal and conservative SC justices but I think the thing a lot of people overlook, including the president that appoints them, is that these really are lifetime appointments and once confirmed they’re not beholden to their appointer or party. The party that appoints and confirms these justices can only hope they rule favorably.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You're right of course, Earl Warren being a famous example. These days however, prospective justices of both parties tend to be ideologically farther from center (Merrick Garland being an exception) and are better vetted and big surprises are unlikely. Little surprises, like Roberts upholding the ACA still happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    The conversation right now is about whether she should make that stance clear during confirmation hearings or go the way Gorsuch and Kavanaugh have gone, mumbling something about respecting precedent and RvW being settled law while crossing fingers behind their backs and winking repeatedly while Susan fucking Collins looks the other way. Legal experts are 50/50 on the fact that she could come out and state that she's for a full repeal and it wouldn't move the needle one bit in the hearing. The senate majority and the soon to be court majority are about 1 mile to the right of where the country is right now and give no fucks.
    Nominees rarely say anything that will give a clue as to how they will vote when they appear before the Justice Committee. Trump's nominee could surprise us of course.

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    3) Grant statehood to Puerto Rico and DC and lock in 4 new democratic senators
    Puerto Rico (last time I checked) doesn't WANT to become a state. They turned it down in 98, said yes to it in 2012 with a 54% vote, and in 2017 they asked the people again and nobody showed up to vote.

DC is a sticky mess because it was created from land donated from Maryland and Virginia specifically to create a neutral seat for the Federal government. Theoretically by doing this it would keep some level of fair play and neutrality for the Federal government and not give preferential treatment to the state where it sat. It also keeps the state government from interfering with Federal matters (i.e. raising property taxes on dome shaped buildings) in order to leverage the Feds to do something. DC needs to remain neutral ground. The Virginia portion of DC was given back to make Alexandria, so if anything DC should go back to Maryland and pump up their census numbers. I also don't love the idea of making tiny 'states' that would show up somewhere around #48 when measured by population. If that was the desire, you could break California into 50 states and the bulk of those would rank higher in population.

5) eliminate the electoral college.
    Agreed. That old idea had one job, and it failed in it's task in 2016.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

fuck 2020 in its non-lubed anal wart infested ass

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Puerto Rico (last time I checked) doesn't WANT to become a state. They turned it down in 98, said yes to it in 2012 with a 54% vote, and in 2017 they asked the people again and nobody showed up to vote.

DC is a sticky mess because it was created from land donated from Maryland and Virginia specifically to create a neutral seat for the Federal government. Theoretically by doing this it would keep some level of fair play and neutrality for the Federal government and not give preferential treatment to the state where it sat. It also keeps the state government from interfering with Federal matters (i.e. raising property taxes on dome shaped buildings) in order to leverage the Feds to do something. DC needs to remain neutral ground. The Virginia portion of DC was given back to make Alexandria, so if anything DC should go back to Maryland and pump up their census numbers. I also don't love the idea of making tiny 'states' that would show up somewhere around #48 when measured by population. If that was the desire, you could break California into 50 states and the bulk of those would rank higher in population.

Agreed. That old idea had one job, and it failed in it's task in 2016.
    This is great, but there are a lot of people being taxed without representation in DC.

Texas evidently already has authority to subdivide itself into 5 states.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Little surprises, like Roberts upholding the ACA still happen.

I’m about as far from a courtroom dentist as they come and nothing about that was “Little”.

It went against the entirety of the chicken little of the left.

It went against the entirety of the self-assured right.

The Supreme Court Justices are not the hacks you people make them out to be.

Need evidence? Look no further than the namesake of this thread.
    I still call it The Jake.