Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PSA Kastle FX95 HP 189cm cheap

60 percent off at a local shop. Other skinnier shorter models as well as some MX99s in 184. Happy to middle man and ship for a worthy mag if front cash and pay ship.

I bought the other pair, hope they are good
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

How much for the MX89? 180?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

^172cm only
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Any TX 98s in the 180+ range?

Only mx 89 in 184. No tx

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Only mx 89 in 184. No tx
    sent you a pm.

I don't think that MX89 comes in 184. MX99 does.
    If I am wrong, I am interested in MX89 184 (but above you said MX89 in 172 only.)
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Kokomas said in pm they have MX99s in 184 - others are shorter.

I scored some MX84's as my new piste ski for 50% off and was stoked. 60% off is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I don't think that MX89 comes in 184. MX99 does.
    If I am wrong, I am interested in MX89 184 (but above you said MX89 in 172 only.)
    I'll check out tomorrow and put up a proper list

Now that I don't have screaming kids jumping all over me (mine) I can confirm they have:

-FX95 HP 189cm $480
    -MX99 176cm and184cm $700 (new white and blacks)
    -MX84 in 184cm length $650
    -MX89 in 156cm and 172cm $650
    -FX85 in 172cm $400

Plus tax on all off course
    Last edited by kokomas; 09-19-2020 at 03:55 PM.

If anyone is considering it, FX95 HP skis short due to lots of tip rocker. Real fun ski for someone who likes to ski centered, not a good choice if you like to drive the tips (they'll hook and plow). Solid ride, frictionless through chop thanks to long rise tips, carves great on ice if you keep weight on heels.

Like them way more than Bonafide, much more energy and snap off the tails.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    If anyone is considering it, FX95 HP skis short due to lots of tip rocker. Real fun ski for someone who likes to ski centered, not a good choice if you like to drive the tips (they'll hook and plow). Solid ride, frictionless through chop thanks to long rise tips, carves great on ice if you keep weight on heels.

Thanks. Maybe not be the ski for me based on your description, I'm prolly more traditional but will give them a shot regardless I think. Got a preferred mounting point? Maybe I should put mine back 1.5 or something

PSA Kastle FX95 HP 189cm cheap

Thanks. Maybe not be the ski for me based on your description, I'm prolly more traditional but will give them a shot regardless I think. Got a preferred mounting point? Maybe I should put mine back 1.5 or something
    Don’t do that. I’m at +1 on most all Kastle’s and specifically these (after riding line). I wouldn’t categorize these as centered skis. They’re a new school traditional ski that handles chop and firm like a boss. How tall are you?

I might remount at -1, but considering I added a bunch of ~98mm skis to the quiver this Summer (2014 Mantra, 2014 MX88 2016 MX98), don't think I should bother adding another set of holes. I'll just grab a pair of something full-camber on firm days.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Don’t do that. I’m at +1 on most all Kastle’s and specifically these. I wouldn’t categorize these as centered skis. They’re a new school traditional ski that handles chop and firm like a boss. How tall are you?
    6-4 185# like Lhasa fats but the +2.5 mount is too forward for me, also salmon rocker 1, head monsters, movement sluffs. Generally prefer more tip than tail

6-4 185# like Lhasa fats but the +2.5 mount is too forward for me, also salmon rocker 1, head monsters, movement sluffs. Generally prefer more tip than tail
    Gotcha. Yeah I believe a few ride those behind the line. I’d think line for you then or perhaps a touch back. Would be interesting to judge your desired monsters mount side by side if you have them still.

Intrigued on the MX84s, if you go back would appreciate knowing $.

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    Will do

And thanks CL and Oaks. Will start in the line. keep it simple

Mine are only 181, so not much tip. Thay hold a mean carve at speed as long as I stay on heels, a 189 would certainly handle more weight on tips. That behavior is good in steep crud or mank though, get forward and they turn quick.

They're like two skis in one depending on where you put the weight, so an unpredictable ski for someone unskilled or unbalanced. (Which is probably why they're often 50% off.) But very versatile for someone who understands what they're riding.

^i fixed the list of skis and prices a couple posts above, let me know if interest

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post

The 184 Mx84’s a ripping front side ski and Pro deal was about $600.

Pricey, but I love mine. It’s better than the 89 or 99 and right up there with the Mx98.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post

What’s your thoughts on a tele setup with the FX95s?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Honestly I know jack about tele, and couldn't say.

One other thing to note is the tapered tips are a bit more narrow than most 95-100mm waist skis, so the long low rise is what creates float in soft snow instead of width. That's (plus the substantial weight) is also what makes it rip through crud without getting bounced around.