Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Let's hope we never get to evaluate the durability of covid masks.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Let's hope we never get to evaluate the durability of covid masks.
    Agreed. I get the second round of the Maderna vaccine Wednesday. The mask is strictly to meet the resort’s requirement at this point, although I’ve been wearing a mask on cold-ass days for years. It’ll be nice when it’s not mandatory anyway, but for now, with vaccines just coming online, and still a ton of unknowns, I’ll wear one.

The one I just picked up actually performs better than the neofleece one, so I guess I hope it will last a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Skied last weekend and was amazed to see three neoprene le masques.

The nose is wide open. Wtf. And yet ops yelled at a couple folks for dick nosing.

Didn’t mind masking in line. But quickly realized goggles work, no more sunglasses skiing.
    . . .

Skiing and Covid-19 masks

I did a candle test with some skiing masks I have. Regular buff failed as expected. Single layer Blackstrap tube surprisingly worked as well as a double layer cloth mask I have. Dual layer Blackstrap balaclava surprisingly was worse than the single layer tube and almost as bad as the Buff despite being much warmer. At this point, in crowded lift lines and in the gondola I’m using a double layer cloth mask with a tube over it.

I shared result of my candle test in the other <sigh> mask thread.

Been using the thicker mid weight OR balaclava face filter. It works great and metal piece in nose keeps most fog out

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Bump.. Looking like Omicron is way more contagious than the last few rounds.. and vaccines only keep it mild. Time to rethink masks in the lift line and sitting next to strangers on the lift again??

I'm not letting you ride on the chair I'm lined up for next if you're not masked. Only pairing up with folks wearing a mask like me..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Stupid as fuck. Such a reactive policy that it's beyond stupid as fuck.

A) There's always a few people who will not wear a mask fully or properly
    B) They still be packin the gondola's full
    C) There are OPEN windows on the MOVING gondola
    D) It's what, an 8 minute ride?
    E) Gondola's suck ass. Can we all pretty much agree on that?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Bump.. Looking like Omicron is way more contagious than the last few rounds.. and vaccines only keep it mild. Time to rethink masks in the lift line and sitting next to strangers on the lift again??

I'm not letting you ride on the chair I'm lined up for next if you're not masked. Only pairing up with folks wearing a mask like me..
    NP. Your risk tolerance is different than mine and I'm happy to accommodate your lower tolerance. I'll either pull up my buff/balaclava if I don't think my goggles will fog, or I'll keep the buff down and catch the next chair.

Would you feel safer with someone like me w/o a mask (boosted, WFH with a newborn so only get out to ski or get groceries), or someone wearing a mask but not boosted and working a job with in-person customer interaction? Gotta make your decisions as you see fit, but man it's a crapshoot these days as to who the high risk folks are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Stupid as fuck. Such a reactive policy that it's beyond stupid as fuck.

A) There's always a few people who will not wear a mask fully or properly
    B) They still be packin the gondola's full
    C) There are OPEN windows on the MOVING gondola
    D) It's what, an 8 minute ride?
    E) Gondola's suck ass. Can we all pretty much agree on that?
    It's easy to say Vail is beyond stupid as fuck, but much harder to argue that it isn't a sensible policy.

It's easy to say Vail is beyond stupid as fuck, but much harder to argue that it isn't a sensible policy.
    The argument is going to be that 3 months from now, we'll have zero data indicating this gondola mask policy had any impact whatsoever. It's simply another theatrical policy.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    NP. Your risk tolerance is different than mine and I'm happy to accommodate your lower tolerance. I'll either pull up my buff/balaclava if I don't think my goggles will fog, or I'll keep the buff down and catch the next chair.

Would you feel safer with someone like me w/o a mask (boosted, WFH with a newborn so only get out to ski or get groceries), or someone wearing a mask but not boosted and working a job with in-person customer interaction? Gotta make your decisions as you see fit, but man it's a crapshoot these days as to who the high risk folks are.
    There will now be folks out with full CDC blessing who tested positive 5 days ago. Triple vaxxed, I'd prefer to sit next to someone who tested positive but is wearing at least a KN95 mask properly than someone who claims to be fully quarantined until 5 minutes ago who is unmasked or just wearing one thin layer.

If the hospitals get much worse it's masks everywhere or full shutdown. Anybody checking out the positive test rates this week versus a month ago right after Thanksgiving? I've got a splitting headache but no other symptoms. If I'm out in public I'm wearing a good mask. Any additional symptoms and I'm testing and staying home. But, if I had non refundable ski lodging and other sunk costs I'd seriously consider going skiing anyway.. So, thinking I'm not the only one who would consider taking that chance.. good mask or wait for the next chair..

Funny thing is I was 100% good with being triple vaxxed and skiing and sharing lifts outside in the wind maskless a month ago. This shit's a whole new ballgame. Might not be quite as deadly and only a bad time for a few days since vaxxed.. But, until we know more I'm covering up in the line and keeping away from folks who aren't.

Who told you you can make your own rules? If the resort says you can decide who gets on your chair then go for it. Otherwise accept the fact that you can't control who rides with you or stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Who told you you can make your own rules? If the resort says you can decide who gets on your chair then go for it. Otherwise accept the fact that you can't control who rides with you or stay home.
    Agreed, NC still has mask mandates.. I walked after an hour last year when only a few people weren't following them and the patrol stopped reminding the violators..

Even in the best of non pandemic times I've never seen a resort do jack shit about people who say no to filling all the seats on a chair..

Haha.

Okay guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Haha.

Okay guy.

IF the hospitals keep filling up and they run out or space for additional sick people mask mandates will be back.. It's better than having to shut down entirely.. IF mandated again, who will either not ski or try to skirt the mandate and argue with the staff and others about having to cover up again?

IF the hospitals keep filling up and they run out or space for additional sick people mask mandates will be back.. It's better than having to shut down entirely.. IF mandated again, who will either not ski or try to skirt the mandate and argue with the staff and others about having to cover up again?
    I’m just visualizing our resident chicken little dictating who can and can’t ride with him on the lifts.

Gives me a chuckle.

Is there any evidence of someone fully vaccinated who contracted COVID from exposure in a ski lift line or on a chairlift?

Even a single case, anywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Is there any evidence of someone fully vaccinated who contracted COVID from exposure in a ski lift line or on a chairlift?

And how would you prove that? Are there any cases tracked to riding a fucking bus?

Have you checked out how much more contagious they are saying Omicron is? Saw an estimate of 4X Delta. I was 100% comfortable in the lift line unmasked last month. But looking at this shit, not so sure..

Omicron variant has shorter incubation period, nearly 20 times more contagious than other strains

This shit's different..

And how would you prove that? Are there any cases tracked to riding a fucking bus?
    Let's say you didn't go anywhere in close proximity to anyone, except for skiing.

Remote work from home, shop via delivery or pickup orders, no restaurants, no bars. That sort of thing.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Let's say you didn't go anywhere in close proximity to anyone, except for skiing.

Remote work from home, shop via delivery or pickup orders, no restaurants, no bars. That sort of thing.
    Never use a the bathroom at the ski resort or anywhere public? Gas station, go inside to pick up a lift ticket? LOL!

Never use a the bathroom at the ski resort or anywhere public? Gas station, go inside to pick up a lift ticket? LOL!
    Pee in the trees. Pay at the pump. Season pass, RFID gates.

Next question?