Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I think a regular old buff is going to be the best option, most of the time.
    You don’t have to wear it skiing and something you can pull up with one gloved hand is best.
    Anything complicated with strings, is going to be a problem. Lifties won’t let you on, if your mouth and nose aren’t covered. Other than that, they don’t care.
    A old buff is convenient but It doesn't offer much protection. A modern one with a filter might be an option.

Keeping up my pattern of OR shilling, it looks like they designed a new buff with a filter pocket and flexible nose bridge to snug it up there. And a drawstring thing at the back. If it’s the same protection as their other masks but no ear loops to negotiate with a helmet on, that’s a pretty good solution.

I like the sound of that.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Super happy with my OR masks, and am going to grab the buff as soon as it's available.

I’ve been pretty happy with the OR masks as well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 8.30.57 PM.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	283.4 KB 
ID:	344355

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Keeping up my pattern of OR shilling, it looks like they designed a new buff with a filter pocket and flexible nose bridge to snug it up there. And a drawstring thing at the back. If it’s the same protection as their other masks but no ear loops to negotiate with a helmet on, that’s a pretty good solution.
    What’s the name of it? Can’t find it on their website

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    What’s the name of it? Can’t find it on their website

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Looks like they pulled it. Was a preorder item - I think called “essential tube”? (Lol)

"Essential Lightweight Ubertube Kit"

Mammoth COO said on Monday:
    1) A single-layer buff is not sufficient to comply with Mammoth's mask rules. Need at least a 2-layer buff, or a real mask, etc.
    2) The rules in the lift mazes will be enforced by staff---not just the honor system or mob rule.
    3) No singles line.
    (That long Zoom meeting is at https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=705778490038640 )

Before I watched that, I had thought ski areas had been leaning towards letting skiers "self-group themselves" before riding the chair lift, so that lifties/staff could stay away from any interactions with the maze people. But nope, this sounds like lifties will indeed be interacting with maze people.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    A old buff is convenient but It doesn't offer much protection. A modern one with a filter might be an option.
    You are on crack. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    1) A single-layer buff is not sufficient to comply with Mammoth's mask rules. Need at least a 2-layer buff, or a real mask, etc.
    2) The rules in the lift mazes will be enforced by staff---not just the honor system or mob rule.
    3) No singles line.
    (That long Zoom meeting is at https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=705778490038640 )

Before I watched that, I had thought ski areas had been leaning towards letting skiers "self-group themselves" before riding the chair lift, so that lifties/staff could stay away from any interactions with the maze people. But nope, this sounds like lifties will indeed be interacting with maze people.

I should just keep this on cut and paste all season:

Crack.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I should just keep this on cut and paste all season:

Crack.

Crack is actually really fun, BTW. (earmuffs)

CRACK IS WHACK. SO IS RESORT COVID POLICIES.

WHACK WHACK. Did you buy insurance? WHACK WHACK.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    3) No singles line.

Single buffers unite. They can't police us! We gonna fight!

The crack. Smoke it, yo. Otay, let's ski alllll daaay. Gimme a hit, bitch!

As if they're actually expecting staff to lean in close so they can get a good look at the amount of layers your buff has...

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    As if they're actually expecting staff to lean in close so they can get a good look at the amount of layers your buff has...
    Candle test--if you can blow out a candle through the buff they pull your pass.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Candle test--if you can blow out a candle through the buff they pull your pass.
    Things that will never happen.

Our hills' medical director OK'd 2-layer buffs for on-hill use (lifts, lines, skiing) -- once you're having more extended interactions require something like the OR mask or surgical mask.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Things that will never happen.
    It's a joke

These look pretty nice (and less fussy than wearing two buffs), although the designs are limited unless you want to buy 50+:

https://www.boathouse.com/products/n...er-2-0-2-layer

For what it's worth, I've been wearing the adidas mask to exercise for long periods of time. Cheap, comfortable, fit well and have a filter pocket.
    https://www.adidas.com/us/face-cover...ck/H08837.html

I just can't figure out how to use earloops with a helmet, however, so I'll plan on using some sort off pull up option. I use an Airhole mask when it's cold and just tuck the top of it under the bottom edge of the goggles. It's great, but it has a hole in it. Need to find one I like without that.

This, along with a number of other things, has me pretty down on the coming season. I don't mind wearing one at all, but it's just illustrative of all the little stuff that needs to go right for us to have a season.

I'm going with the "Top Gun" solution by sticking 3M decorating clips on my helmet shell to hold the mask ear straps. I'm also going to blast Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone" out of my Bluetooth speaker in the lifeline.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Or go old school motocross and rock one of these again...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0521.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	345106