Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So you wore a mask around other people like the liftees? Because that's what the CDC recs say... 5 days isolated then 5 days masked when not isolated..
    He was outside

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Not according to the CDC.

In comparing the two types of immunity, scientists said research shows vaccination provides a “higher, more robust, and more consistent level of immunity to protect people from COVID-19 than infection alone...
    Coronavirus infections can cause severe disease or no symptoms at all, and the CDC found that antibody levels vary widely from one individual to another after an infection.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ural-immunity/

We've been through this a bunch of times, with the knows like mofro261, rerereiterating that 2 vax + booster is better than prior infection.
    There’s also an Israel study that says opposite.

But if you’re testing for antibodies we all lose them very quickly it seems.

So line up for a jab every six months. Or trust your immune system.

There’s also some interesting studies that the jab decreases T cell count.

Either way. Skiing is more dangerous than riding a lift with no mask.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

But if you’re testing for antibodies we all lose them very quickly it seems.

So line up for a jab every six months. Or trust your immune system.

There’s also some interesting studies that the jab decreases T cell count.

Link to studies that vaccination decreases T cell count?

And driving to the hill is an order of magnitude more dangerous than both...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Science is driven by an accumulation of data that indicates a property, not isolated incidents.
    Same with credibility.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yeah, we’re stable…let’s open it all up & drop CDC recommended protections

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1641224628.700256.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	399516

To the skier yes, but to everyone else who encounters said skier especially in their household post infection no.. Full disclosure, I don't plan to wear a mask riding the lift with my kid tomorrow unless there are lines and we're sharing said lift with others.. But then I don't currently have confirmed COVID either.. If lines are more than about three minutes deep we're covering up.. If we ride the 6pack with others instead of just the doubles, we're covering up.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

This was largely what I was referencing when I said there are multiple paths to “immunity” aka protection from severe disease. Of course there are more variables with a natural infection as some people have a robust immune response and others don’t; but still I think it silly to discount it as a viable way to protect and reduce the transmission of the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I kinda feel pity for their ignorance and fear.
    In part yes, but we did a pretty shit job at being open and honest about the vaccine, it’s potential ADRs, and the vaccine role out to all.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    To the skier yes, but to everyone else who encounters said skier especially in their household post infection no.. Full disclosure, I don't plan to wear a mask riding the lift with my kid tomorrow unless there are lines and we're sharing said lift with others.. But then I don't currently have confirmed COVID either.. If lines are more than about three minutes deep we're covering up.. If we ride the 6pack with others instead of just the doubles, we're covering up.
    you shouldm take some pics of the kids skiing
    cause 20 sad stokeless sjg postsday is growin old fast
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    In part yes, but we did a pretty shit job at being open and honest about the vaccine, it’s potential ADRs, and the vaccine role out to all.

Elaborate please

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Touche'! He's 19 years old and a terminal intermediate.. because we live in flatland and he's never gotten to ski more than two days in a row his entire lifetime. But today I did show him how to cleanup his edges and hot wax his boards. Still needs to scrape the wax then in the ski box they go.

Elaborate please

Crazy day, just getting around to this and honestly don’t have much time to really elaborate all the things that I have issue with.

But in essence we did some things right and some wrong. Things I felt where we went wrong (we is both the medical community and big gubment). Again, just my thoughts/opinions.

- doubling down on the fact that this could NOT have been created in a lab vs arriving de novo. Gain a function testing is bad, let’s fucking stop it errmmmkkaayy.

- school closures, turns out when you halt all learning and send kids home you widen socioeconomic gaps and screw up a whole lotta shit. This just added to resentment around the pandemic and likely continued the divide between both sides of the argument.

- vaccine mandates and not allowing a work around for native infections. As while, yes it’s not as good as a vaccine it still does offer some protection and should be viewed as viable.

- failing to listen to patients and putting them in the category of “covidiots” turns out people are smart and there is ALLOT of conflicting studies out there. If we can’t listen and empathize we loose all credibility and further the divide.

Idk, there is more. But I’m tired.

This was largely what I was referencing when I said there are multiple paths to “immunity” aka protection from severe disease. Of course there are more variables with a natural infection as some people have a robust immune response and others don’t; but still I think it silly to discount it as a viable way to protect and reduce the transmission of the virus.
    I have to say I have trouble with the idea that the way to reduce transmission is to accept transmission as part of the solution. It just seems wrong, no?

Skiing and Covid-19 masks

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I have to say I have trouble with the idea that the way to reduce transmission is to accept transmission as part of the solution. It just seems wrong, no?
    Idk, in high risk populations with a very real likelihood of severe infection — yeah the gamble isn’t worth it (luckily that population has great vaccine adherence). At this point 100% vaccine adherence is a dream and won’t be happening so we have to embrace that native infection is part of the solution.

That said there is great data coming out saying that the less severe omicron variant is actually protective against the more severe delta variant. So we are seeing evolutionary pressures begin to work in our favor. Remember humans and all creatures have been battling viruses and bacteria for millions of years. Vaccines have only aided us for the last 2 centuries or so.

I look at our existing model of healthcare in the US as a big contributor to the mess we are in. A profit driven model with very narrow margins does not give the system enough ability to absorb the stresses that are placed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Now that you put it that way . . .

Skiing and Covid-19 masks

Elaborate please
    More frustrations
    - The lack of evidence during this pandemic to answer very basic questions for us front line providers. This void was subsequently filled with opinion (likely aiding the current political divides).

Examples:
    - NO STUDIES on mask effectiveness early on in the pandemic, MIND YOU WE ONLY HAVE 1 NIH FUNDED STUDY CURRENTLY now 2 years into this pandemic.
    - Lack of evidence on natural immunity - again there are >140 studies looking at natural immunity and there is not 1 NIH study.
    -<5% of all NIH funding went to COVID research last year DURING A FUCKING PANDEMIC.

All the above frustrations have only fueled huge group think in the medical establishment which I fear has lead us astray.

More frustrations
    - The lack of evidence during this pandemic to answer very basic questions for us front line providers. This void was subsequently filled with opinion (likely aiding the current political divides).

Examples:
    - NO STUDIES on mask effectiveness early on in the pandemic, MIND YOU WE ONLY HAVE 1 NIH FUNDED STUDY CURRENTLY now 2 years into this pandemic.
    - Lack of evidence on natural immunity - again there are >140 studies looking at natural immunity and there is not 1 NIH study.
    -<5% of all NIH funding went to COVID research last year DURING A FUCKING PANDEMIC.

All the above frustrations have only fueled huge group think in the medical establishment which I fear has lead us astray.
    Ah, so your beef is with Fauci et al?

doubling down on the fact that this could NOT have been created in a lab vs arriving de novo. Gain a function testing is bad, let’s fucking stop it errmmmkkaayy.
    What in the world are you talking about ? Got any links that support either of these claims ?

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    What in the world are you talking about ? Got any links that support either of these claims ?

Sorry caught me after a long day and I didn’t articulate that clearly, but dig into some of the denials from the NIH about them funding gain a function testing. It’s pretty murky — and really only one of my small qualms; but, at a time when the general public has so much distrust in our healthcare leadership I’m not sure that’s the tact you want to take.

Regarding origins of Covid; I really don’t want to get too far into the weeds BUT science teaches you to continually disprove yourself and not until there is a large body of evidence failing to disprove something can you move forward with cautious certainty. I feel we have thrown that out the window and whatever is said is gobbled up neglecting that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    foot or two of fresh
    shredded sickest lines in years
    to get on the 6r.
    beats working and had fun with the kid

Name:	Sugar Summit.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	399753

Back to skiing and COVID Masks..

Multivariate approach..
    KN95 in this brutal line to get lift tickets and in the brutal 6 pack line and ride. Neck gator in the shorter ski up and get on stuff earlier

Name:	Line Front.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	303.5 KB 
ID:	399754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Line back.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	557.0 KB 
ID:	399755

Look at all that dirt. Lame

Where’s the skiing?
    Lame^2

Skiing on man made with your kid after standing in dirt to get tickets beats typing in the TRG 100 times over.