Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Beards are real bummer for the n/95. I could never pass a fit test with growth.

Beards have been hijacked by the far right movement, they ain't what you want anymore. It's the reason behind the anti-mask movement: facial hair issues. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

the masks I ordered are pretty burley, but make my glasses quite foggy - they've got really long strings that I think I can use with a helmet and goggles and they might be ok outside

gotta try the OR and Buff filter systems
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Skiing and Covid-19 masks

I think a regular old buff is going to be the best option, most of the time.
    You donít have to wear it skiing and something you can pull up with one gloved hand is best.
    Anything complicated with strings, is going to be a problem. Lifties wonít let you on, if your mouth and nose arenít covered. Other than that, they donít care.

But if youíre futzing with your mask and they wonít let you on and Iím behind you! Watch out!

Womenís bathrooms will be a problem and there wonít be much free water.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    what out for what?
    the aggro guy who hasnt been doing this for decades and counts vert and every second of the ski day matters?
    scawred am i
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    what out for what?
    the aggro guy who hasnt been doing this for decades and counts vert and every second of the ski day matters?
    scawred am i
    I assume he's prepared a list of 'clever' comments to say to his ski bubble/companions, said loudly enough for the person in front to hear. Lets hope he's ready for a clever retort from the mask-struggler.

Drama in the mountains. There's nothing like it.

please tell me we aren't going to see a return of the soul patch or--perish the thought--Hitler 'staches.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I think a regular old buff is going to be the best option, most of the time.
    You don’t have to wear it skiing and something you can pull up with one gloved hand is best.
    Anything complicated with strings, is going to be a problem. Lifties won’t let you on, if your mouth and nose aren’t covered. Other than that, they don’t care.
    A old buff is convenient but It doesn't offer much protection. A modern one with a filter might be an option.

Keeping up my pattern of OR shilling, it looks like they designed a new buff with a filter pocket and flexible nose bridge to snug it up there. And a drawstring thing at the back. If itís the same protection as their other masks but no ear loops to negotiate with a helmet on, thatís a pretty good solution.

I like the sound of that.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Super happy with my OR masks, and am going to grab the buff as soon as it's available.

I’ve been pretty happy with the OR masks as well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 8.30.57 PM.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	283.4 KB 
ID:	344355

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Keeping up my pattern of OR shilling, it looks like they designed a new buff with a filter pocket and flexible nose bridge to snug it up there. And a drawstring thing at the back. If itís the same protection as their other masks but no ear loops to negotiate with a helmet on, thatís a pretty good solution.
    Whatís the name of it? Canít find it on their website

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

On a more serious note, Voormi keeps sending me emails about their Everyday Mask. It looks like a nice mask, and it's wool and US made. https://voormi.com/collections/gaite...veryday-gaiter

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Whatís the name of it? Canít find it on their website

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Looks like they pulled it. Was a preorder item - I think called ďessential tubeĒ? (Lol)

"Essential Lightweight Ubertube Kit"

Mammoth COO said on Monday:
    1) A single-layer buff is not sufficient to comply with Mammoth's mask rules. Need at least a 2-layer buff, or a real mask, etc.
    2) The rules in the lift mazes will be enforced by staff---not just the honor system or mob rule.
    3) No singles line.
    (That long Zoom meeting is at https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=705778490038640 )

Before I watched that, I had thought ski areas had been leaning towards letting skiers "self-group themselves" before riding the chair lift, so that lifties/staff could stay away from any interactions with the maze people. But nope, this sounds like lifties will indeed be interacting with maze people.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    A old buff is convenient but It doesn't offer much protection. A modern one with a filter might be an option.
    You are on crack. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    1) A single-layer buff is not sufficient to comply with Mammoth's mask rules. Need at least a 2-layer buff, or a real mask, etc.
    2) The rules in the lift mazes will be enforced by staff---not just the honor system or mob rule.
    3) No singles line.
    (That long Zoom meeting is at https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=705778490038640 )

Before I watched that, I had thought ski areas had been leaning towards letting skiers "self-group themselves" before riding the chair lift, so that lifties/staff could stay away from any interactions with the maze people. But nope, this sounds like lifties will indeed be interacting with maze people.

I should just keep this on cut and paste all season:

Crack.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I should just keep this on cut and paste all season:

Crack.

Crack is actually really fun, BTW. (earmuffs)

CRACK IS WHACK. SO IS RESORT COVID POLICIES.

WHACK WHACK. Did you buy insurance? WHACK WHACK.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    3) No singles line.

Single buffers unite. They can't police us! We gonna fight!

The crack. Smoke it, yo. Otay, let's ski alllll daaay. Gimme a hit, bitch!