WTB: Race slalom ski

I just bought a weekday Hunter pass. Sob. But, these are interesting times. I own a ten year old pair of Elan consumer slaloms, 162, which are pretty awesome carving ice, now interested in the real deal.

Are you just free-skiing them or Masters racing?

Just skiing.

I have a nice pair of 157 FIS SLs (the ladies size) that I'd sell you. They are better in a course for old farts like me but I think the 165s are better to free ski. But, I have friends who like the 157s better for everything. The 165s aren't quite as nervous at speed for me. You may like how crazy nimble the 157s are at a crowded place like Hunter though if you aren't too big. Whatever you do, you are on the right track, a FIS SL ski is perfect for that place and lots of fun.

Be careful with used slaloms as they get beat up by gates crashing down on them so it isn't unusual for de-lams between the boot and tips. I saw a lot of Rossi/Dynastars with this problem in the last couple years and they put thicker metal in this year to try to counter it.

Weekdays at Hunter don't suck. Some surprisingly nice sidecountry with a 1000' vert and decent pitch. Happy to share details via PM if you aren't already aware. The front side groomers have enough curves, rolls, double fall lines to keep them interesting when they aren't clogged with Jabronis wearing hockey jerseys. It's a totally different place when it's empty. If you haven't tried it you'll be pleasantly surprised, even if it is beneath your status as a skier.

There are usually a bunch of good skiers around on weekdays too. Old dudes like you. Some of them dress up like racers even when there are no gates set up, which is awesome and hilarious. The boot fitter at Pro Ski and Ride (half a mile east of the lot) is legit. Apologies if you know all this (you are a local after all).

You should try the Poconos too. I hear they have good hot cocoa.

I have some Head WC 158 I.RD SL's that my wife is not using - take ur pic new or used, she's gets 3 sets of SL / year. LMK.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Weekdays at Hunter don't suck. Some surprisingly nice sidecountry with a 1000' vert and decent pitch. Happy to share details via PM if you aren't already aware. The front side groomers have enough curves, rolls, double fall lines to keep them interesting when they aren't clogged with Jabronis wearing hockey jerseys. It's a totally different place when it's empty. If you haven't tried it you'll be pleasantly surprised, even if it is beneath your status as a skier.

There are usually a bunch of good skiers around on weekdays too. Old dudes like you. Some of them dress up like racers even when there are no gates set up, which is awesome and hilarious. The boot fitter at Pro Ski and Ride (half a mile east of the lot) is legit. Apologies if you know all this (you are a local after all).

You should try the Poconos too. I hear they have good hot cocoa.
    Yeah, no, I respect the place, even though it's not my cup of tea. Best blue ice skiers and boarders I have ever seen. Midweek to weekend ratio is high. Like, 65 to 120%. It's a really good hill for where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I have some Head WC 158 I.RD SL's that my wife is not using - take ur pic new or used, she's gets 3 sets of SL / year. LMK.
    I think I need longer. 6 ft 210 pounds. I know these things are short these days, but, man, 158?

Yes. You need the men's size. 165cm.

I have a pair of 165cm heads with some burly marker 10-20 din bindings.

Windham has a pretty decent demo center that tends to stock a lot of race skis. It's on the hill, right next to the lift, which make swapping skis super convenient. The race skis tend to go cheap. I picked up a pair of völkl racetiger gs skis there for $250. fuckin' things haul ass. so smooth at speed.

https://www.windhammountain.com/reso...s/demo-center/