Nordica Strider fit similar/same as GPX130? or speedmachine?

After lots of trying on of boots and the whole process I found my boot: the GPX 130 in 27.5 (98mm performance fit). I think it's call Promachine now
    I also use Scarpa F1 for touring and like the fit, in 28.5

I can't find them locally to try, but I am thinking Nordica Strider 130 in 27.5 for mixed days? or 28?
    I love the F1 with pin bindings for touring days. Those boots do not work with shifts so I am looking for a setup that is '50/50' although I hate that term.

Basically if GPX works, will the strider (100mm)? Or is the strider more like the speedmachine (100mm)? I am probably going to have to order them and trying to avoid lots of back and forth shipping.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Nothing in the ski industry is ever as it seems or is being made out to be - unless you were just buried in an avalanche.

Last edited by johnnyg82; 09-16-2020 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Rotated image
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

scarpa sizing is usuaully off by a bit.

if you fit a 27 nordica, I would order a 27 nordica again.

Thanks that answers my question. Where did you find that? magazine?
    Nothing in the ski industry is ever as it seems or is being made out to be - unless you were just buried in an avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Thanks that answers my question. Where did you find that? magazine?
    Blisterís Winter Buyerís guide, 19-20
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Blisterís Winter Buyerís guide, 19-20
    Thanks! I went riding with Jonathan this summer in CB and visited HQ.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I ride promachines as my inbounds boot, and owned striders for a short period.

The strider is way higher volume and has way less of a defined heel pocket and therefore less heel hold, for my foot at least. I couldnít ski the strider well at all in hard snow, in pow they were fine, but I could feel my heel moving all over the place. Totally different boots, if the gpx/ promachine fits well the strider wonít.

I'm in the GPX for resort skiing, Hawx Ultra XTD for most touring and TLT6 for long days. Based on the description above I'd imagine you will be swimming in the Strider. The GPX is a fairly low volume boot. The only boot work was some minor grinding on the heel pocket of the GPX. Also as far as sizing the GPX is a 27 and the touring boots are 28's.

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    I'm in the GPX for resort skiing, Hawx Ultra XTD for most touring and TLT6 for long days. Based on the description above I'd imagine you will be swimming in the Strider. The GPX is a fairly low volume boot. The only boot work was some minor grinding on the heel pocket of the GPX. Also as far as sizing the GPX is a 27 and the touring boots are 28's.
    Thanks that's super helpful. Did you try on tons of boots with a fitter and land in the hawx ultra xtd? I did for gpx. Minor grinding on the outside of my foot.

For what its worth I also actually use the hawx as my touring boot. Sometimes I put the promachine liner in when Iím touring to more serious terrain, but my promachines also have a cast toe put in them if Iím touring to super serious terrain and it isnít far.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Thanks that's super helpful. Did you try on tons of boots with a fitter and land in the hawx ultra xtd? I did for gpx. Minor grinding on the outside of my foot.

I forget what touring boots I tried on before going with the Hawx. The list of touring boots that trend towards thinner last and low volume is pretty small. Check out the Hawx and the Zero G tour as options similar to your GPX as far as fit.