Similar to Praxis GPO?

What's similar to a Praxis GPO, but slightly skinnier underfoot? GPO is 116mm underfoot, I could go down towards 112mm perhaps.

Order the GPO with a “skinny” option? Brings it down to 106mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it amazing that there are so many rad skis on the market in 2020 that one finds it appropriate to start a thread asking what’s a ski that is 4mm narrower than an already boutique and highly niche ski.

what are those 4mm gonna do for you? go nuts with a bastard file and that should get you two of them

someone in the praxis thread recently said that a backcountry is a better skinny gpo than the skinny gpo is, but that's like thirdhand gossip now

Quote Originally Posted by caulfield View Post
    what are those 4mm gonna do for you? go nuts with a bastard file and that should get you two of them

someone in the praxis thread recently said that a backcountry is a better skinny gpo than the skinny gpo is, but that's like thirdhand gossip now
    Third hand, but from multiple people. I got the same answer last year when asking about a skinny GPO.

Of course, if it's for inbounds, you're likely looking at custom, to beef it up (weight and flex).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Soul 7

I find the GPO very skiable in variable conditions even at 192cm x 116mm waist. I think it is versatile enough that it doesn't feel super wide on groomers, variable snow, etc. I can't imagine wanting a 112mm GPO. I did more days last year on my GPOs than my Yetis (95 waist) because they were so fun all the time, and it wasn't a great snow year up here (and most of those days were on a 2 buckle touring boot, yet still able to push those skis appropriately). But a lot comes down to personal preference and the conditions you ski, YMMV.

Why do you want -4mm? Rustler 11, depending on the length, might fit the bill. 188s are 114. 180s are 112.

11 is a better carver and more predictable hard snow ski than the GPO. A bit less powerful than a stock GPO. Rustler tail is a bit looser. Similar Pow performance (assuming you mount your GPO a bit behind the line).

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I find it amazing that there are so many rad skis on the market in 2020 that one finds it appropriate to start a thread asking what’s a ski that is 4mm narrower than an already boutique and highly niche ski.
    lol ya

BUT, it is summer and there's nothing else to do so...