Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Ya, I watched a bit of that game and felt bad for you BM's. The Browns suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

That game was a total dumpster fire

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The Browns are a decent team led by a QB worse than Mr. Cousins. My guess is the window of opportunity for serious contention has closed (if it ever existed with the QB situation). Doesn't help the Browns that the division has Burrows and Lamar in it. If the Steelers manage to get a QB this off-season the Browns will be sitting in the basement for a long time to come (again). We Vikings fans are well versed in mediocrity - welcome to the club.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Baker actually played? WTF for? They were already eliminated from the playoffs before the game. It should have been second string players only, and let the rest recover from injuries. They got to be looking towards next year at this point. Baker should have been in surgery rather than on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Ya, I watched a bit of that game and felt bad for you BM's. The Browns suck.
    they seemed so promising early in the year. almost took out the Chiefs and then had a decent series of games. Baker might be tough, but he should've taken some time off to get his body right.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Who says a CTE diagnosis has to be post mortem???
    Um, scientists say so.
    It’s currently not possible to make a CTE diagnosis until death and via autopsy. Good news, though, They’re hoping to change that: https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/12...ple-using-mri/

And Sooners players are just dumb, btw, its not always CTE. Although Kaleb Williams has joined Fields and Rattler by entering transfer portal, so I guess that’s at least 3 Sooners who aren’t dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ts334 View Post
    Um, scientists say so.
    It’s currently not possible to make a CTE diagnosis until death and via autopsy. Good news, though, They’re hoping to change that: https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/12...ple-using-mri/

And Sooners players are just dumb, btw, its not always CTE. Although Kaleb Williams has joined Fields and Rattler by entering transfer portal, so I guess that’s at least 3 Sooners who aren’t dumb.
    Speaking of transfer portals, which team did you play for before being banned? Debased, Steepconcrete, or confuckeyidiot? Mods check this IP address.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I just can't find anything to say other than you had one job, and that was to send Ben out with 9 sacks, but instead...
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Yeah, Baker shouldn't have been out there, his head is going to get more fucked than his body and that rehab can be way harder to fix.

Despite going 1-31 over two very recent seasons, this feels worse from a fan's perspective.

So much talent, such a wasted season.

As pointed out above, Baker, as good as he may be, I think is going to be damaged from all this. And I don't want to go back to the 20+ QB carousel.
    I still call it The Jake.

Clowney throwing that guys shoe after making a big stop on 3rd down and extending the first TD drive was just one example of the stupidity on the Brownies. I know they're already eliminated, but that just shows that you DGAF. Could've been a much more competitive game but that play changed the balance.

I laughed when I saw Clowney toss that shoe.

I said out loud to no one in particular, "here we go, this should be fun".

Maybe Baker needs Odell back?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Maybe Baker needs Odell back?
    I think its best for the kids that they stay separated.

I heard AB might be available.

I’m not sure this new version of the Browns can handle that kind of crazy.

Maybe under the Manziel era they could, but certainly not now.

As someone said earlier, it's the hope that kills you. Not my team, but I still think they're really close...

Baker shut down for rest of year, to have shoulder surgery ASAP.

Why not shut him down for last night's game then? They were already eliminated before kickoff. That makes zero sense to me.

Baker shit down for the year for shoulder surgery.

Baker and Stefanski apparently disagreeing about the game plan.

I guess we get to see how good Andrew Berry is at being the adult.

Baker didn't want to throw 4 picks again last night so he just....held the ball to the tune of 9 sacks.

Browns got outplayed in a rivalry game on both sides of the ball. Steelers showed more heart on every play.

I said this earlier. Week in and week out the Browns have had the most boring game on the NFL schedule each week.

it was a pretty wild scene at the game last night. not many browns fans in attendance, way fewer visiting fans than the most recent ravens game. most of the fans were well behaved, but there were certainly more fights/drunken tomfoolery than usual. was a pretty heavy and emotional night for lots of those in attendance, obviously. lots of old timers, many long-time season ticket holders had shown up who'd usually not be anywhere close to a cold mnf game. for the younger fans, it must've been kind of strange to see the last game of the only qb/face of the franchise they've known most if not all of their lives. i remember back to the pre-big ben days, going to games at three rivers stadium and watching qb's like mark malone lose more than they won. we had kordell stewart, who showed some moments of greatness, and neil odonell, even charlie batch wasn't so bad. but regardless of the DTF/millersville stuff, associations with trump, etc... big ben is close to a living god for many of the folks who were at that game last night.

full disclosure, i'm beyond biased as a born and raised pittsburgher. i live a few blocks down from the hospital where my wife and i were both born. best believe that my son was swaddled in a terrible towel at the hospital soon after he was born. sheesh, the franco harris residence (with a large F H right on the iron gates, like that episode of the simpsons when homer buys the mansion from mc hammer) is literally across the street from my place. the walk over to the stadium is 10 minutes, and the route goes past the rooney's house. my irrational hatred for neighboring, basically similar midwestern/mid atlantic cities likely comes from having grown up where and how i have. i'm prone to yelling 'cleveland sucks' at basically any sporting event- it makes no sense, yet here in pittsburgh others will normally start chanting with me. we used to make so many west virginia jokes, all of the redneck/hillbilly stuff- but as a rational adult i've come to really love visiting wv and have had tons of great adventures over the years. as far as the browns/steelers rivalry goes, i think it's awesome to have a improved browns team and appreciate having afc north rivalries.

sidebar- pretty sure that every mac miller-looking kid in those stands was not so surreptitiously vaping almost constantly. at one point, some ushers confronted a group of young guys nearby- close enough to eavesdrop. this mma fighter looking usher points to the ringleader and says, either you're going to choose to come with me now or i'm going to come and get you. the three 'ushers' had on black gloves with what i'm pretty sure where metal brass-knuckle sort of protrusions. the guy paused for maybe two beats and then peacefully left the stands. i think the stadium staff were ready for things to be way more antagonistic than they ended up being. it was really cold, i only counted maybe a dozen or so dudes taking their shirts off and pouring beer on each other. who can afford to do that kind of crap with the price of stadium beers anyhow???

so i agree that baker shouldn't have been out there as long as he was last night. no idea why the browns weren't running every down, or throwing the ball towards our poor middle linebacking corp. many, many dropped passes on both sides. there were some pretty vicious hits that baker took, especially one from tj watt that i was pretty sure would be the end of his night. baker must be a very, very tough dude or maybe was on some very good drugs. come to think of it, watt has some broken ribs and he was out there slamming baker around. mmm... drugs.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

How do you brownies feel about the theory that stefanski out baker out there to make it better when they cut/trade him?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Baker shut down for rest of year, to have shoulder surgery ASAP.

Why not shut him down for last night's game then? They were already eliminated before kickoff. That makes zero sense to me.
    Yeah, absolutely! That’s what I found so shocking about the last game. Total incompetence by the coaching staff to let Baker play. There must have been some incentive clause in someone’s contract that made that a wise choice.

Quote Originally Posted by acostiga View Post
    it was a pretty wild scene at the game last night. not many browns fans in attendance...
    Holy shit. Did you learn punctuation and how to write a sentence in the Pissburgh school system?

normally i prefer to use my own double ellipsis::: what i like to call the pittsburgh ellipsis. have not figured out how to monetize a form of punctuation just yet. it's cute how you changed the name of my city, so clever and witty. hopefully you keep on posting lots and lots of useless shit, thanks.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief