Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2495
    In today's episode of the universe is listening to us, we were talking about sinking ships and Cleveland and then this happens.

New USS Cleveland is Damaged in Christening by Tugboat.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    In today's episode of the universe is listening to us, we were talking about sinking ships and Cleveland and then this happens.

New USS Cleveland is Damaged in Christening by Tugboat.
    I feel like it's a bad sign when a battleship can get damaged by a tugboat. Just me?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I feel like it's a bad sign when a battleship can get damaged by a tugboat. Just me?
    “Not exactly, confidence-building” is the phase that came to mind when I read that.

Also, who knew they built warships in Wisconsin? Maybe someone had too much brandy at the docks that morning?

I think the term of art is “rapid, unscheduled disassembly “

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I think the term of art is “rapid, unscheduled disassembly “
    That’s the other phrase I learned today.

Wa going to post this earlier, but i wanted you to have the honor! RIP Mr Brown

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Sam Huff tackles Jim Brown for a 1 yard gain. As he's getting up off of him, Huff looks down and says "Brown, you stink." Next rush, Huff nails him again for no gain. Same thing as he's getting up: "Brown, you stink." Next handoff Jim Brown runs right over Huff and goes 79 yards for a TD, turns around, and yells "Hey Huff, how do I smell from here?!"

Really sad news today, the radio voice of the Browns, Jim Donovan, a roundly-regarded salt of the earth guy, let loose that his leukemia is back after 11 years and a bone marrow transplant.

Good news is he plans to keep fighting and keep broadcasting. Get well, Jimmy, you got a lot of people pulling for ya!

Really sad news today, the radio voice of the Browns, Jim Donovan, a roundly-regarded salt of the earth guy, let loose that his leukemia is back after 11 years and a bone marrow transplant.

Good news is he plans to keep fighting and keep broadcasting. Get well, Jimmy, you got a lot of people pulling for ya!
    Yeah, cosign. Keep fighting and good luck.

Stolen:

2022 Dodge Ram TRK
    2022 Dodge Durango SRT

Hard to believe.

Some gang has their eyes on Browns players.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1686628939.470477.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	461756

Best of the designs, but I’m a Brownie the Elf guy in the end anyway.

"Lieutenant Dan would be a better option at kicker"

- Overheard in the post-game after Cade York missed not one, but two back to back makeable kicks on consecutive plays.

This is fine.

Was it windy?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Stop bringing up Cade. I'm trying to have a nice summer.

Is Cade the biggest concern? Or is this just another preseason hot take.

"According to Zac Jackson of The Athletic, the Browns’ passing game has been “completely unimpressive” through 2023 training camp thus far. Quarterback Deshaun Watson has looked erratic whenever he’s operated from inside the pocket, according to Jackson. Watson has also failed to connect on “strings of consecutive completions” during Browns scrimmages of late.

While Watson has made some brilliant plays at times, Jackson stated that those have been few and far between. The 3-time Pro Bowler has reportedly stayed mostly within 10 yards thus far, with very minimal success going deeper downfield. Opposing defenses during the Browns’ joint practices have also been able to sniff out Watson “locking in” on a favorite receiver for the day."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Stop bringing up Cade. I'm trying to have a nice summer.
    Sorry. Look on the bright side, come Week 1 we may not have to talk about him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Is Cade the biggest concern? Or is this just another preseason hot take.

"According to Zac Jackson of The Athletic, the Browns’ passing game has been “completely unimpressive” through 2023 training camp thus far. Quarterback Deshaun Watson has looked erratic whenever he’s operated from inside the pocket, according to Jackson. Watson has also failed to connect on “strings of consecutive completions” during Browns scrimmages of late.

While Watson has made some brilliant plays at times, Jackson stated that those have been few and far between. The 3-time Pro Bowler has reportedly stayed mostly within 10 yards thus far, with very minimal success going deeper downfield. Opposing defenses during the Browns’ joint practices have also been able to sniff out Watson “locking in” on a favorite receiver for the day."
    I generally like Zac's reporting, but this is a touch hot. In the two whole drives that Deshaun has played in the preseason yes, he has not looked like a sharp pocket passer. That said, every other reporter is saying he and the WR corps, especially Elijah Moore, are looking really really good together. Who knows, it all goes out the window in two weeks when the real games start.

The real QB news out of Cleveland is rookie stud Dorian Thompson-Robinson out of UCLA, or DTR as everyone is calling him. Chris Rose said on last night's broadcast that he could start for a handful of NFL teams right now. While that is certainly hyperbolic, and DTR is stuck behind 1-year deal backup Josh Dobbs for the 23 season, it would be incredibly ironic if the Browns finally found their franchise QB after shipping 3 1sts, their dignity and $250MM of Jimmy's money away for Watson.

They may make the Packers’ $57 mil in dead cap but look like peanuts when they have to jettison Watson in two years with all that guaranteed $$ on the books

They may make the Packers’ $57 mil in dead cap but look like peanuts when they have to jettison Watson in two years with all that guaranteed $$ on the books
    All that dead cap money might just be enough to buy back the favor of the fans that left because of Watson.

All that dead cap money might just be enough to buy back the favor of the fans that left because of Watson.
    One 50 cent beer night and everybody would be back

One 50 cent beer night and everybody would be back
    Probably not wrong.

probably?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy