Page 59 of 100 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2495
    Probably a in the eye of the beholder type of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

"Robinson’s ruling tells Watson to limit his massages to club-directed sessions and club-approved therapists for the duration of his career."

She stopped short of requiring he only receive massages from a big black dude named Bubba.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Pretty unlikely, as they've settled all but one case.

Baker looks healthy in Carolina practices. I miss those days.

#bringbakerback
    The NYTs story on this said they found like 50 masseuses who had similar experiences. As usual many didn’t want anything to do with court though.

I feel like Timberridge is this thread's version of the greek chorus.
    Last edited by EWG; 08-02-2022 at 10:12 AM.

You mean Greek chorus?
    I'll accept the role.

I'd just like to know if Bob Kraft has a similar mandate, or if he's free to use outside vendors?

Kraft went to a happy ending shop, he wasn't coercing anyone. Not really the same thing.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 08-02-2022 at 10:59 AM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You mean Greek chorus?
    I'll accept the role.

I'd just like to know if Bob Kraft has a similar mandate, or if he's free to use outside vendors?
    Yes. Greek Chorus. I fixed the post. In fairness, it's been a long time since high school english class.

So the suspension has been announced. 6 games off, so not the full season.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    So the suspension has been announced. 6 games off, so not the full season.
    Good luck keeping up with Rshea.

The most Brownsian thing that could happen now is Deshaun serves his suspension and then upon returning goes on a deep playoff run, while his conduct overshadows the achievements of an otherwise very talented team and reminds everyone how the League failed to hold itself to its ever-shifting standards.

Again, what a completely avoidable mess.
    I still call it The Jake.

The most Brownsian thing, IMO, is if he comes back and tears his ACL in his first game.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The most Brownsian thing, IMO, is if he comes back and tears his labrum in his first game. Wallows in controversial mediocracy in every game therafter and gets traded in 2024.
    FIFY

Reports coming in that the NFL will appeal the ruling and Goodell will increase the suspension... they were probably waiting to gauge the reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Reports coming in that the NFL will appeal the ruling and Goodell will increase the suspension... they were probably waiting to gauge the reaction.
    Great! That means lawsuits all around and we double down on the Brownsness!

Is there any other way?

I'm not sure Watson wants to go there... the terms of the lawsuit would have to be a CBA violation, which this would not be.

I'm not sure Watson wants to go there... the terms of the lawsuit would have to be a CBA violation, which this would not be.
    Stop making sense. Can we get Baker back yet?

Appealed! Can we get indefinite with a 7+ figure fine?

You’ll get goodell kayfabe to make him look tough, lawyers making money, and a max one season suspension and like it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    You’ll get goodell kayfabe to make him look tough, lawyers making money, and a max one season suspension and like it.
    Oh my goodness this is gonna be a shit show. NFLPA is gonna lose their minds that the league didn't abide by the process both sides agreed to in the last bargaining agreement the very first time it was used. So many, many lawsuits.

I feel so sorry for both Brown's fans and all womenkind. And for those that are both, like my 85 year old aunt who bleeds orange and brown, it truly is heartbreaking.

We - finally - had something good.

And now we don't.

I think Goodell is using it to conveniently draw attention away from the unanswered questions in the Miami shitstorm.

That's my conspiracy mongering for the week.

How didn't the NFL abide by the process as set forth in the CBA? It's exactly what they are doing.

How didn't the NFL abide by the process as set forth in the CBA? It's exactly what they are doing.
    The NFLPA is saying that the old process was just to have Goodell decide. The new process is have a third party decide with an appeal, and that if all that happens is the NFL appeals up to Goodell and he decides in the end anyway, then NFL did not trust the new process they put in place. They seem quite worked up about it and have been saying this for a month.

So yes, the process in the CBA is being followed. However, the NFLPA thinks it's being abused and isn't being used as was intended.

Personally, here's my new dream - Watson is suspended for a year, forcing Cleveland to move on this year. They start with Jacoby out of necessity, and he's a revelation, like when Brady took over for Flutie, only not close to as good. Turns out the 5-2 start with Miami before he got hurt wasn't a fluke. Meanwhile, Watson doesn't abide by the terms of his contract, and Cleveland decides enough is enough and cuts him, voiding all the guaranteed money. Cleveland gets a compensatory pick or two, a ton of cap space, and behind Jacoby competes for a playoff spot in the division for the next 5 years, winning a playoff game or two here and there.

First of all, dreams are our Superbowl. This is mine. At least I have one. #winning

Second of all, GIVE ME 12 HOURS! Don't tell me this is impossible till like 9am MST tomorrow. Let me have this. Just for a while. WE HAVE SO LITTLE.

They start with Jacoby out of necessity, and he's a revelation, like when Brady took over for Flutie, only not close to as good. .
    I think you mean Bledsoe?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I think you mean Bledsoe?
    Yea I did. Thank you.

You see how out of sorts this whole thing has me. I just confused a tiny dude with a giant.