Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2495
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. If any Browns execs ask you to hold their beer, don’t.
    Or do if you want a quick laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Well we bought a 4th round draft pick for 10.5 million and a starting caliber QB. When you can make a deal like that, ya just gotta do it!!!
    Starting caliber? That seems a bit much. Last starting caliber NFL QB the Browns have had is Bernie

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I mean, he won a playoff game. He’s certainly better than Drew Lock/Geno Smith that the Seahawks are going to trot out. Or whoever the Texans have.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I mean, he won a playoff game. He’s certainly better than Drew Lock/Geno Smith that the Seahawks are going to trot out. Or whoever the Texans have.
    "He won A playoff game"...if that is the hurdle, no wonder the Browns can't keep up with the Steelers or old Browns or Bengals.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Starting caliber? That seems a bit much. Last starting caliber NFL QB the Browns have had is Bernie

That’s an absurd statement even in this thread. Baker won 29 games, set the rookie TD record and whooped the Squealers ass in their own house in the playoffs. All while having to endure 4 head coaches in that time. All this in 4 years.

Baker is inconsistent, but so are the Browns. I wanted one more year and thought he earned it. Ownership wanted their franchise QB at any cost. We’ll see how this all shakes out in a few years.

But no starting caliber QBs since Bernie? Come on. Tim Couch was a very good QB on an expansion team roster. Brian Hoyer and Derrick Anderson were both quality starting QBs in that sea of 29 also-rans the Browns had since 99.

"He won A playoff game"...if that is the hurdle, no wonder the Browns can't keep up with the Steelers or old Browns or Bengals.
    Now I know you’re being obtuse. For anyone paying attention to the AFC North for the last 30 years you’d know the Bungles are the perennial bottom feeder of that division even with the Browns putting up shit like 1-31. They’d still lose to the Browns at least once every year and until they got the next great franchise QB (and Kicker), they’ve stayed there.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    But no starting caliber QBs since Bernie? Come on. Tim Couch was a very good QB on an expansion team roster. Brian Hoyer and Derrick Anderson were both quality starting QBs in that sea of 29 also-rans the Browns has since 99.
    This is awesome
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Drink the Depression Away Cleveland Browns Support Group

"If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Now I know you’re being obtuse. For anyone paying attention to the AFC North for the last 30 years you’d know the Bungles are the perennial bottom feeder of that division even with the Browns putting up shit like 1-31. They’d still lose to the Browns at least once every year and until they got the next great franchise QB (and Kicker), they’ve stayed there.
    I included the Bungles because they have at least been to three Super Bowls. How many have the Browns been to again?

I included the Bungles because they have at least been to three Super Bowls. How many have the Browns been to again?
    82 and 89 when talking about a franchise since 1999.

Tell me you don’t watch AFC North football without telling me you don’t watch AFC North Football.

Joe Burrow is an amazing QB, I hope he doesn’t get Bengal’d like he did year 1. It will be fun to watch him and Chase play.

They also made it last season…and the old Browns have managed to win the second they left the curse that is Cleveland. Where else can a river catch on fire?

The joke of a franchise picked a midget QB over Allen. Look at the Browns first round picks since 1999…Kellen “Im a soldier that rapes old ladies” over Ben?

I love when Browns fans refuse to embrace the pure hatred God has for that city…

Also…your chilli sucks ;-)

Cleveland doesn’t do Chili. That’s Cincinnati. But go on now.

Look I get you’re here to pile on, hell, that’s kinda what this thread is all about; you just are coming off as uninformed about so much of all of it.

Art Modell HAD to move the franchise to Baltimore because he’s the only owner in the history of the NFL that couldn’t figure out how to make money. He’s also been effectively blackballed from the HOF, and he fired Sith Lord after the team moved. Hard pass.

Also, 6 other teams passed on Allen before he was picked, including two QBs. He amazing. But don’t pretend to rewrite history on how high he was hyped. Lamar has an MVP and was taken at 32.

A rape joke when using Ben as the “better option” punchline? Dude. Stop, you’re embarrassing yourself.

And really? Burning river jokes? What are you 75 years old? That incident gave birth to the EPA thank you very much and that same river is the namesake of a National Park now.

But really, go on in a self-deprecating Browns thread. You’re doing great.

They also made it last season…and the old Browns have managed to win the second they left the curse that is Cleveland. Where else can a river catch on fire?
    https://www.worldatlas.com/amp/artic...h-on-fire.html

Buffalo

Cleveland doesn’t do Chili. That’s Cincinnati. But go on now.
    I was thinking if the Skyline on Mayfield road…seemed like people made a big deal about. I stand corrected.

You seemed to forget the Bengals made it to the SB last season…which is more then the Browns have ever accomplished, despite having how many high draft choices?

The fact remains, the Browns consistently do less with more then almost any other team in the AFC North.

In your heart…do you really think Tim Couch was good? Baker was the right draft choice? Winslow was a good pick instead of Ben? Signing Watson to the largest contract ever not to mention all the first round picks given up….was the right choices?

The Steelers and Ravens almost always pick after the Browns and yet those teams almost always pick better players then the Browns. The NFL is all about the draft….

The joke of a franchise picked a midget QB over Allen.
    OMG. Enough with this shit. When the Bills picked Allen everyone was destroying them for it. Next we'll be bringing up how many teams picked a QB before Brady?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Ha, the Skyline on Mayfield. Haven't thought about that outpost in 20 years or so. It was never "right", you're best driving halfway to Cincy to get decent Skyline in Cbus.

No, I don't think the Watson trade was a good one, and anyone who's been paying attention to this thread for the last 15 or so pages would know that.

Hindsight in the NFL draft is a funny thing. I actually wanted Ben since he was a Miami guy and a beast of a man, something that tends to help in the NFL.

Yes, objectively Tim Couch was a good QB, there are way smarter football people than me saying that.

The Steelers and Ravens are better run franchises, and the Browns ownership has squandered more than arguably anyone not named the Jets; we've got 55 pages here testifying to that, this is not news to Browns fans.

Yep, the Bengals made the Super Bowl last year because they managed to not get their generational talent QB murdered like they did in year one. Good on them. This has generally been the scene inside Paul Brown Stadium for the past 2 decades plus though.

I would really think twice about trotting them out as any kind of example of success. Mike Brown still refuses to hire a GM and insists on controlling everything between himself and his daughter from a football operations side of things. The only thing they got right was completely bending the taxpayers of Hamilton County over a rail with the worst stadium deal in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    OMG. Enough with this shit. When the Bills picked Allen everyone was destroying them for it. Next we'll be bringing up how many teams picked a QB before Brady?
    I have a bunch of Cleveland friends (went to JCU, skied at Brandywine/BMills, etc.).

I told every one of them Allen was the better choice due to his arm strength and size versus Baker. I was certainly not the only one that saw this and don’t recall them being destroyed in the media for the pick. That seems a stretch.

At the time of the draft, Allen was the definition of “big guy with a big arm”. He was a statistically poor, scattershot passer from Wyoming who got curb stomped any time he played a Power 5 opponent. He never was a threat as an explosive runner. Those guys rarely make it in the league.

His rise to a dual threat world beater is quite unprecedented. Don’t forget that

I have a bunch of Cleveland friends (went to JCU, skied at Brandywine/BMills, etc.).

I told every one of them Allen was the better choice due to his arm strength and size versus Baker. I was certainly not the only one that saw this and don’t recall them being destroyed in the media for the pick. That seems a stretch.

You have special skills but you weren't paying attention to what everyone was saying after his 1st year.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    At the time of the draft, Allen was the definition of “big guy with a big arm”. He was a statistically poor, scattershot passer from Wyoming who got curb stomped any time he played a Power 5 opponent. He never was a threat as an explosive runner. Those guys rarely make it in the league.

His rise to a dual threat world beater is quite unprecedented. Don’t forget that
    Exactly. Cue EJ Manuel.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Exactly. Baker was hardly the consensus #1 pick, but Allen would have been an utter shocker as the #1 pick. People would have laughed at Cleveland even more than they usually do.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Exactly. Baker was hardly the consensus #1 pick, but Allen would have been an utter shocker as the #1 pick. People would have laughed at Cleveland even more than they usually do.
    And then Cleveland would grind another superstar into a broken second tier athlete who is willing to take a pay cut to get out leaving the Browns with a future later round draft pick and some dead cap space. Somehow league laughter turns to tears in Cleveland time after time.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    And then Cleveland would grind another superstar into a broken second tier athlete who is willing to take a pay cut to get out leaving the Browns with a future later round draft pick and some dead cap space. Somehow league laughter turns to tears in Cleveland time after time.

The best thing we can hope for is some local billionaire (not the Dolans) to buy the Browns from the Haslams. I don't ever see that happening though.

If the Browns had really been smart they would have traded that #1 pick since there wasn't a clear cut #1. They might have even ended up with Allen and some picks or players. Hindsight and all that.

The joke of a franchise picked a midget QB over Allen. Look at the Browns first round picks since 1999…Kellen “Im a soldier that rapes old ladies” over Ben?

I love when Browns fans refuse to embrace the pure hatred God has for that city…

Also…your chilli sucks ;-)

When the uninformed opine on things with such confidence....It really makes TGR the special place that it is.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018jallen.php

That is just one random draft analysis of Allen prior to the draft. Basically, top-10 pick with almost perfect physical skill set, accuracy issues, needs development.

You Cleveland fans are trying to re-write history on the view of Allen.

And another “Josh Allen may be No 1 pick and franchise QB”

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...needs.amp.html

There are also ESPN articles with quotes from “insiders” prior to the draft saying they would take Allen.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...draft-prospect

I was not the only one…..

And another “Josh Allen may be No 1 pick and franchise QB”

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...needs.amp.html

I was not the only one…..
    Did you read the piece or just see the title and post it? It's a fluff piece written a year before the draft. It's not a serious piece evaluating Allen's draft position.

As for the first link you posted, I don't know who you are arguing against. Nobody said drafting Allen in the 1st round was a shocker, or that he couldn't have gone higher in the draft, just that he would have been a shock at #1. That scouting report doesn't refute that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy