Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1123
  1. #1001
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    2 hours to Whiteface
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Fuck.

    We're fucked.
    As a Bills fan I'd love to keep Trubisky as Josh Allen's backup. If I was starting a team tomorrow I'd take Trubisky over Baker - and I was a huge Baker fan and desparately wanted the Bill's to somehow get him.

    Baker is, at best, a top 20 QB. He lacks athleticism and seems to have lost the IT factor I thought he had coming out of college. The confidence he showed in college, now comes off as entitled arrogance. I know the old adage that the backup is everyone's favorite player, but the Bills players really like Trubisky. You give Mitch that O line, that D and those RBs and Cleveland would be in the playoffs.

    And my goodness am I glad I'm not the Bill's GM. I probably would have traded two 1sts to get Baker coming out of college.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  2. #1002
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,860
    Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    And my goodness am I glad I'm not the Bill's GM. I probably would have traded two 1sts to get Baker coming out of college.
    Well, at least you wouldn't have taken a RB 2nd in that draft.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  3. #1003
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,161
    I don't dislike Mitchell Trubisky, but his time in Chicago and the handwringing over taking him or Myles Garrett at #1 has rendered him to a punchline. He's a fine backup, but no way is he better than Baker.

    The fact that people are talking about bringing him in to compete with Baker, in his hometown with all that added scrutiny, spells disaster in the only way the Browns know how.
    I still call it The Jake.

  4. #1004
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I don't dislike Mitchell Trubisky, but his time in Chicago and the handwringing over taking him or Myles Garrett at #1 has rendered him to a punchline. He's a fine backup, but no way is he better than Baker.

    The fact that people are talking about bringing him in to compete with Baker, in his hometown with all that added scrutiny, spells disaster in the only way the Browns know how.
    Iím fairness this is how itís been for a few decades, so this is all the fan base knows.
    Some kind of Stockholm syndrome kinda thing maybe.

  5. #1005
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    4,572
    Don't worry, the Niners getting torched in the first round will put Jimmy G back in the trade convo.

  6. #1006
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,161
    We’ll need to put the ladies of the night in NE Ohio on notice if that comes to fruition.
    I still call it The Jake.

  7. #1007
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,860
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  48.1 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  8. #1008
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Goulder
    Posts
    757
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  9. #1009
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,161
    Yeah, I mentioned that in the CTE thread.

    Seems now like it might be more appropriate in the Bath Salts Thread.
    I still call it The Jake.

  10. #1010
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bend
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yeah, I mentioned that in the CTE thread.

    Seems now like it might be more appropriate in the Bath Salts Thread.
    I'm thinking there should be a trg fantasy football off season league. If you had McDowell you would get 3 points because this incident could be logged in this thread, the cte one and meanwhile in fla. Obviously AB would be a first round pick.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #1011
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,161
    If past experience is to be our guide, pick a lot of Bengals.

    As Joe Burrow pointed out, there's not much to do in that city after your first pass so they tend to find ways to get in trouble a lot. Pac Man Jones is the current title-belt holder.
    I still call it The Jake.

  12. #1012
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,860
    I just got accused of being a Browns fan on a car forum. Wtf?

    Name:  tempsnip.png
Views: 111
Size:  42.7 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  13. #1013
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,161
    Typical moron Steelers fan - can only think in black and white. As if only Browns fans hate the Steelers.

    Sorry you had to experience this TR.
    I still call it The Jake.

  14. #1014
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,860
    Thanks Bmills. I'm toying with the idea of creating a Miles Garrett alias on this forum if this keeps up.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  15. #1015
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Thanks Bmills. I'm toying with the idea of creating a Miles Garrett alias on this forum if this keeps up.
    With a Steeler's helmet as an avatar.

  16. #1016
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,161
    I see so much potential here.
    I still call it The Jake.

  17. #1017
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,161
    I’m sitting down the bleachers at my kid’s school basketball practice from Matty Ice. (He’s got a kindergartner at my son’s school)

    Should I slide on down and talk to him about all the benefits of being traded to the Brownies?
    I still call it The Jake.

  18. #1018
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    5,174
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Iím sitting down the bleachers at my kidís school basketball practice from Matty Ice. (Heís got a kindergartner at my sonís school)

    Should I slide on down and talk to him about all the benefits of being traded to the Brownies?
    Yes, yes you should


    Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

  19. #1019
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Iím sitting down the bleachers at my kidís school basketball practice from Matty Ice. (Heís got a kindergartner at my sonís school)

    Should I slide on down and talk to him about all the benefits of being traded to the Brownies?
    You will have only yourself to blame if you don't. It's a moral imperative. Make sure you remind him how much lower his chances are of getting whacked in the head by is own helmet if he was actually on Miles' team.

  20. #1020
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,161
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    You will have only yourself to blame if you don't. It's a moral imperative. Make sure you remind him how much lower his chances are of getting whacked in the head by is own helmet if he was actually on Miles' team.
    This is really an underutilized recruiting tool if you ask me.

    He’s now joined in a larger conversation with the parents. I have to somehow work this in organically instead of simply yelling it out like a schizophrenic person.
    I still call it The Jake.

  21. #1021
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,161
    Big Ben officially announces his retirement.

    Let us rejoice and be glad.
    I still call it The Jake.

  22. #1022
    this thread delivers
    ďMoney has never been my god ó never.Ē - The Chief

  23. #1023
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,790
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Big Ben officially announces his retirement.

    Let us rejoice and be glad.
    Good riddance to that dude

  24. #1024
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    28,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Good riddance to that dude




    With all these QBs retiring and/or being able to move around I've heard some crazy propositions this week for the Browns' QB room. It seems some people are very adamant about going after Kirk Cousins.

    It also seems that some people have been starting their day by drinking heavily.
    I still call it The Jake.

  25. #1025
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,790
    Who watches Cousins and are like, ďyeah I want that?Ē Things must be worse in Cleveland than we thought.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •