Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2495
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Well, how did those three go?
    C-drum, just wanted to say I appreciate you paying homage to Benny in your signature. I've done the same for Spook. I hope they'll live on in our memories and signatures.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Benny had way too many commas in that send off post.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    He did have a nice preseason, and he's currently QB2.
    Ah I see, I was counting the perv as qb1.

Benny had way too many commas in that send off post.
    One fateful day when I open my TGR inbox and get that termination letter, I hope, like Benny, to have the chance to offer up a last bit of wisdom before I depart. And if so, I think I shall use: colons...and ellipses.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    One fateful day when I open my TGR inbox and get that termination letter, I hope, like Benny, to have the chance to offer up a last bit of wisdom before I depart. And if so, I think I shall use: colons...and ellipses.
    I think the box-fan monitors would agree, at the very least, that you've earned that right. Colons, ellipses and all.

Breathe easier friends, Josh Rosen is back in the building, now as a member of the Browns' practice squad.

Watch your back Brissett.

Well, he certainly needs the practice.

You can make a good living for many years in the NFL being an average to mediocre QB.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    2 /3 for 5 yards… real singles hitter right there
    Rod Carew was a childhood hero of mine!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Rosen, after being told he made the practice roster

Well, he certainly needs the practice.

You can make a good living for many years in the NFL being an average to mediocre QB.
    Dude's got an econ degree from UCLA. Couple years of a grad program and he's living the rest of his life out counting money. I don't fucking understand the groveling, it's embarrassing.

My understanding is if you have 2 yrs under your belt you will make $15K+/wk or just shy of $300K for 18 wks on the practice squad. I'm not sure a BS in Economics even from UCLA can draw that in.

My understanding is if you have 2 yrs under your belt you will make $15K+/wk or just shy of $300K for 18 wks on the practice squad. I'm not sure a BS in Economics even from UCLA can draw that in.
    That’s great work if you can get it.

I also think that this is super shrewd front office strategizing. I saw that Darnold just went on the IR today, stashing away Rosen keeps Carolina from locking up all 3 2018 QBs.

I’m pretty sure that if you got all three of those guys on the same roster something terrible will happen like they form together like Voltron or some such shit.

I’m pretty sure that if you got all three of those guys on the same roster something terrible will happen like they form together like Voltron or some such shit.
    Worst case scenario: they form Robo-Ryan Leaf.

Best case scenario: With the full set you can build houses and hotels on them

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Worst case scenario: they form Robo-Ryan Leaf.

Best case scenario: With the full set you can build houses and hotels on them
    I like that second scenario: profit.

When Gruden was doing his TV gig, he had a skit where he cobbled together features from various QB's (Brady's brain, Brett Favre's arm, etc. ) and made the ideal NFL QB for that season.

I wonder if you took the best parts of that trio, if you could even come up with a viable NFL QB?

When Gruden was doing his TV gig, he had a skit where he cobbled together features from various QB's (Brady's brain, Brett Favre's arm, etc. ) and made the ideal NFL QB for that season.

I wonder if you took the best parts of that trio, if you could even come up with a viable NFL QB?
    I'm pretty sure if you did that, like if you took Baker, Darnold and Rosen and tossed them into Calvin's Transmorgifier, Johnny Manziel would come walking out.

Yeah, I don’t think economics majors make all that much, especially just with a BS. If he had a PhD, he could become a professor, or maybe a government job, but those jobs don’t really pay all that well, either.

If he combined that BS degree with an MBA, then he might have something.

In the "It's the Hope That Kills You" Department, today has been a good day to lift the spirits and make any CLE sports fan really optimistic.

All 3 franchises in the Land have not only a chance to compete, but contend, right now and for the foreseeable future. Each team has the thing you need to need to win.

Guardians have the youngest team in baseball, are in first place on September 1, and are stacked with talent in the field, on the mound and in AAA that can be used to either make a big trade or provide for relief next year.

Browns have a top 10 franchise QB. The one thing that you have to have in the league if you want a chance to contend. And if he can get his head out of his ass and not do the things that landed him with all those civil suits, none of which have anything to do with what he does on a football field, then there is absolutely no reason why they won't have a shot in the next 5 years.

The Cavs, with today's trade for star player Donovan Mitchell, paired with the all-star trio of Garland/Allen/Mobley have a legit "big-4" in a league that it is the easiest to make the Postseason.

I can't recall a time in my life when all three clubs were either winning and contending or in a position to do just that.

So, of course this means that from here on out it's all set up perfectly to come crashing down in spectacular fashion, ripping the hearts out of innocent fans, grandparents and children along the way.

Godspeed, Cleveland.

Geez, man, you couldn't have jinxed yourself more than if you had uttered Betelgeuse 3 times!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Geez, man, you couldn't have jinxed yourself more than if you had uttered Hue Jackson 3 times!
    FIFY

Just to be safe to make sure things don't go completely upside down, I'll offer up a counter-jinx

Pio, Pio, Pio!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	425334

What’s the worst that could happen?

Fucking BMills. He must be drunk again.

There’s now at least a 50% chance that Mitchell crashes his car into the Cleveland offensive line.

My money is on Mitchell throwing a big party and 30% of all three teams somehow catching chlamydia. Feels like a very Cleveland way to sink a few ships

The hand wringing and pearl clutching has begun in excitement for Week 1's matchup with scorned lover Baker and the Panthers.

The national talking heads are building Baker up to be the second coming of John Elway with this game and how he will almost certainly take down his former team with ease.

I personally don't see it unfolding that way, but this is Cleveland we're talking about so of course it will probably all go tits up with Baker looking like the better party in this divorce.