Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2495
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    One of the funniest parts of that movie that gets quoted in our house every Christmas. Well done.
    My wife's favorite movie.
    We've been married 33 years and have watched that movie every Christmas for 34 years.
    When we were dating I thought I'd impress and told her I liked White Christmas.
    I guess it worked.

No one is excusing his alleged (likely) behavior, but what you guys need to separate from this discussion IS that behavior. It doesn’t matter.

What matters if the Texans, who allegedly aided in that behavior, and Watson did not disclose those acts. Even more fatal to their cause is if they affirmatively represented and warranted that they have made all relevant disclosures to the Browns and to the League, and even more so if the Browns’ attorney added a “10b-6” catch-all rep to the trade agreement.

This isn’t fantasy football. A deal like this isn’t drawn up on a napkin and a handshake. It’s handled just like an asset or stock purchase.

If the Browns (and League) were told they were buying a bill of goods that was X and it turns out that the Texans and Watson withheld material information and the Browns ended up with Y, then the League and Browns have a very strong interest in enforcing any remedies that were (very likely) incorporated into the trade agreement.

Separate the behavior from the issues that have arose in the past day and a half.
    All this chatter and hope that there's an "out"... I'm sure the lawyers could connect enough dots and find some, but the Browns don't want an out!
    They want this to blow over, even if he has to sit out 2022. Fuck the noise, he's our guy, pay him his $200 million, and let's roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah, I hope Watson gets 2 years, or a lifetime ban, and the Browns get that anchor of his contract dropped on them. Cause it's so fucking gross to see what's happening and think "I want that guy in my building."
    isn’t the gross part the rest of the building might not mind? Trevor Bauer got sunk because the Dodgers locker room didn’t want him.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    isn’t the gross part the rest of the building might not mind? Trevor Bauer got sunk because the Dodgers locker room didn’t want him.
    I mean, it’s all gross regardless

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    All this chatter and hope that there's an "out"... I'm sure the lawyers could connect enough dots and find some, but the Browns don't want an out!
    They want this to blow over, even if he has to sit out 2022. Fuck the noise, he's our guy, pay him his $200 million, and let's roll.
    Look, I feel like I have to remind the room again that I’m not in favor of Watson being a Brown. Never have been. That’s clear here.

My only point is, this isn’t “chatter” these are very real reasons to invalidate at best, or at least mitigate, this entire situation for the Browns. Very real, legal, actual, and legitimate reasons. The Browns should have that interest, and the League likely would as well.

That is separate and apart from how we all may feel about the Browns ownership (and Falcons, Saints, and Panthers owners too if I need to remind anyone) pursuit of him.

Now, had the info of the last day and a half not come to light, then you’re damned right the Haslams were banking on taking up to a year suspension on the chin and assuming it would all blow over once he got back on the field throwing TDs - no one disputes that. Winning cures a lot of memories in the NFL as detestable as that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I mean, it’s all gross regardless
    Again, not endorsing or excusing Watson in any way, but it’s not hard to find a really troublesome character on each and every one of the teams in the league. Shit, the Bengals have served as the League halfway house for years with the Pac-Man Jones of the world.

The rest of the building doesn’t care because in the end these are largely guys from worse off backgrounds and this is their one shot at a payday in a game where the average shelf life of a player is 3 years - less than their rookie contract term. Care? They care about getting paid and if that means ignoring the guy next to you is a garbage human being, but gets you wins, then that’s what they do.

I’ll take Baker and 7 wins every day over Deshaun and 14; and that’s what makes me a fan and not a player. Or agent. Or owner. Or GM. My interest and yours is different than theirs.
    I still call it The Jake.

Drink the Depression Away Cleveland Browns Support Group

Bmills - this is relevant. McClain is a top notch source:
    https://twitter.com/Pchopz_/status/1..._Qr6KbllOf32dw

No new info - they knew what was going on

PS - leave the “whataboutism” out of it, around here, that’s reserved for the Bitcoin thread

The “networks providing pressure” is some goofy hot take shit. He’s not Tiger Woods… FFS that’s ridiculous. The NFL doesn’t need Watson for ratings. He doesn’t even rank in the top 50 in terms of audience draw.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Bmills - this is relevant. McClain is a top notch source:
    https://twitter.com/Pchopz_/status/1..._Qr6KbllOf32dw

No new info - they knew what was going on

PS - leave the “whataboutism” out of it, around here, that’s reserved for the Bitcoin thread
    No whataboutism, just responding to Dunfree’s question about how gross it is the rest of the building doesn’t care. There’s a very real reason why they don’t.

So assuming that tweet is correct then that confirms the Haslam’s strategy and that it’s all worth it. Nothing different from what you and I have said - full steam ahead.

What I’ve spent way too many unpaid keystrokes today explaining is that if they had not disclosed what we’ve learned in the past 36 hours (and that it is true), that it would provide a very real and legal basis for attempting to get out of the deal - one that you and I both agree that it does not appear that ownership has an interest in pursuing, yet.

I’m just coming at this discussion from my area of expertise, and leaving my fandom, displeasure about this trade, Watson and the owners out of it.

Until now: #bringbackbaker

Full disclosure: BMills and I are pushing this angle that might give the Browns an out because WE WANT THEM TO TAKE IT AND GET WATSON OFF OUR TEAM.

This, THIS, is what qualifies as dreaming of a best case scenario for our team: getting this guy off of it. Not a championship, or a 12 win season, or the playoffs. Voiding a trade. That’s our Everest.

Be nice to us, dammit. It sucks to be us right now.

As usual EWG nails it. Get this junk show off our team. See the opening and take it. Take it now. (By the way, this info was apparently not known to everyone as plaintiffs attorney Tony Buzbee has said that after the NYT piece broke he is going to add the Houston Texans as a defendant to each case.

Think about that.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...deshaun-watson

The Browns need to admit defeat and do anything and everything to get away from this toxic mess.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Full disclosure: BMills and I are pushing this angle that might give the Browns an out because WE WANT THEM TO TAKE IT AND GET WATSON OFF OUR TEAM.

This, THIS, is what qualifies as dreaming of a best case scenario for our team: getting this guy off of it. Not a championship, or a 12 win season, or the playoffs. Voiding a trade. That’s our Everest.

Be nice to us, dammit. It sucks to be us right now.
    lol
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

No whataboutism, just responding to Dunfree’s question about how gross it is the rest of the building doesn’t care. There’s a very
    I wasn’t trying to single out the browns as much as point out football as a culture doesn’t seem to care, and that’s a football thing.

There’s one more thing this shows about Watson. He doesn’t have “it”. If the millionaire star quarterback can’t figure out how to get his prostate massaged and a handjob without getting accused of rape, he’s not going to be able to be the true leader of a team. This is like Mike Vick not being able to buy silence from some dudes who he’d supported their whole lives. (I am in no way excusing their actions).

But if Tom Brady wanted his butt fingered and a handjob I bet there would be a queue of ladies waiting for the opportunity and he wouldn’t have resorted to forcing himself on them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The it you are missing is the coercion is the attraction

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

But if Tom Brady wanted his butt fingered and a handjob I bet there would be a queue of old white guys waiting for the opportunity and he wouldn’t have resorted to forcing himself on them.

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    FIFY
    See deflategate thread?

Get this junk show off our team.
    Given the context, I'm amused by your use of the term "junk show!" That is all.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    There’s one more thing this shows about Watson. He doesn’t have “it”. If the millionaire star quarterback can’t figure out how to get his prostate massaged and a handjob without getting accused of rape, he’s not going to be able to be the true leader of a team.
    Holy fuck that's funny.

Ive been a fairweather browns fan for the past few seasons because i liked baker despite myself and like to have a rust belt AFC team to go against the broncos all my friends love, but goodness what a disaster this is.

Any room for me on the bills bandwagon?

browns managment sucks

watson has a guaranteed contract

brownies you will get no love from the other owners when this comes up in the owners committee. you changed the expectation in the quarterback market

watson at least a year suspension and a pissed off baker - who sucks anyway - you couldn't fuck things up more

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    you couldn't fuck things up more
    Really? I’m not sure you know who you are dealing with here.

lol

Cleveland fans can take solace in that the Warriors are losing in the Finals.

Then again, if they win it would make 2016 look even better! Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Ive been a fairweather browns fan
    I'm not sure such a thing exists. Doesn't the weather ever have to be good for it to happen? ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'm not sure such a thing exists. Doesn't the weather ever have to be good for it to happen? ;-)
    If you were alive in the 1950's you'd understand.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Who do you guys think you are, Elon Musk?