Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2495
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Exempt list is paid leave. Sits him down without pissing off the players association. Allows them more time to make a decision so if they feel they can’t rule on a suspension before training camp it would probably have to be used.

Seems like Goodell has about 4-5 weeks before he’s going to be forced to do something.

Also I’ve started to DM Jimmy G positive facts about Cleveland.
    Got it, thanks.

And to quote a wise CLE comedian, “Cleveland is a lot of things. A city of lightweights is not one of those things.”

I hope that reality doesn’t hurt our chances of landing the teetotaler.
    I still call it The Jake.

Also I’ve started to DM Jimmy G positive facts about Cleveland.
    Does Cleveland have an adult film industry?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Does Cleveland have an adult film industry?
    I've learned from this thread that everyone there is used to getting fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Lol. Just the Browns fans.

Lately.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Got it, thanks.

And to quote a wise CLE comedian, “Cleveland is a lot of things. A city of lightweights is not one of those things.”

I hope that reality doesn’t hurt our chances of landing the teetotaler.
    In the land of blind men the one eyed man is king.

He’d probably be the highest functioning person in the city. That has an appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Just tell him it’s a “target rich environment”

In the land of blind men the one eyed man is king.

He’d probably be the highest functioning person in the city. That has an appeal.
    Jimmy G: highest functioning man in Cleveland has a ring to it.

Let’s pitch it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Just tell him it’s a “target rich environment”
    From the Pro-Ho scene that chased the likes of JR Smith (no disrespect Swish) and Delonte West, I can tell you there’s no shortage of women with morally casual attitudes and negotiable virtues willing to welcome Jimmy and his kink to town.

So Watson settled with all but 4 of the plaintiffs a bit before the NFL is going to announce the suspension terms.

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Man. They’re going to give him a slap on the wrist and pretend this never happened, huh?

Probably. I love football, but the NFL gets grosser every year.

So Watson settled with all but 4 of the plaintiffs a bit before the NFL is going to announce the suspension terms.

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.
    Who knows what happens now, but I’m positive all this was foreseen by the owners (despite all evidence to the contrary).

Doesn’t make any of it any more palatable for a fan. Or a human.

Go get Jimmy G for Baker, suck up that big K while Watson serves his TO and create a real QB controversy when the teetotaler takes you to the AFC Championship Game with this loaded roster.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Probably. I love football, but the NFL gets grosser every year.
    20 years ago I don’t think this story ever sees the light of day and he doesn’t get suspended at all.

Teetotaler? Jimmy?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

If you drink chardonnay instead of smashing beer cans on your face, you're a teetotaler.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    If you drink chardonnay instead of smashing beer cans on your face, you're a teetotaler.
    It’s Cleveland guys, let’s have some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I remember that fad.

At the top of that list is one Baker Reagan Mayfield.

Man, sometimes I hate the Browns for the shit they pull.

I remember that fad.

At the top of that list is one Baker Reagan Mayfield.

Man, sometimes I hate the Browns for the shit they pull.
    Sometimes?

Sometimes?
    Sometimes, all of the times.

So let me get this straight, the guy who you have at QB and are scheduled to pay $19 million to this season wasn't good enough, so you go out and get a better QB and guaranty him $200 some million to play QB, except he can't play QB for some time, up to possibly a lot of time, like a year-plus amount of time, so the backup QB to that guy will start, except that guy isn't nearly as good as the QB you're paying $19 million to and you pissed that QB off to the point that even if you wanted him to play over the new QB's backup, he probably would sit out and pout instead of showing the league that he's still got it and that the Browns fucked this all up and gives them the double birds as he walks out the door at the end of the year?

You can't script this shit any better.

The options I'm hearing bandied around are:

* Roll with Jacoby Brisset
    * Josh Rosen
    * Cam Newton
    * Jimmy G
    * Beg Baker to play
    * Mike Glennon
    * Kaepernick
    * AJ McCarron

Lol
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 06-27-2022 at 10:55 AM.

So let me get this straight, the guy who you have at QB and are scheduled to pay $19 million to this season wasn't good enough, so you go out and get a better QB and guaranty him $200 some million to play QB, except he can't play QB for some time, up to possibly a lot of time, like a year-plus amount of time, so the backup QB to that guy will start, except that guy isn't nearly as good as the QB you're paying $19 million to and you pissed that QB off to the point that even if you wanted him to play over the new QB's backup, he probably would sit out and pout instead of showing the league that he's still got it and that the Browns fucked this all up and gives them the double birds as he walks out the door at the end of the year?

* Josh Rosen
    * Cam Newton
    * Jimmy G
    * Beg Baker to play
    * Mike Glennon
    * Kaepernick
    * AJ McCarron

Lol
    If I was Baker I'd play...he's not bad and I'm sure the Browns will do OK with him. Use this season to get your next job.

It seems like Jimmy G could find a better gig, no offense. He'd be a one year rental at best...unless you could convince him to move to backup...but he's probably too good for that? the rest of the list is "meh". What a shitty situation...but I'm a Bears fan and we've never had a good QB.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I would say a Jimmy G for Baker trade would make sense, but the 49ers don't want a starting QB lingering over Trey Lance and fans calling for Baker to play after one bad game (our fanbase is particularly bad this way). Some kind of three team deal might be realistic, however.

* Josh Rosen
    * Cam Newton
    * Jimmy G
    * Beg Baker to play
    * Mike Glennon
    * Kaepernick
    * AJ McCarron

Lol
    Nobody wants Baker at his current price. The browns wait and see when the Watson suspensions are announced (didn't he sit 2021 season too?).

The browns call Bakers bluff and (forces him to play this contractual season as a Brown) he plays through the duration of his contract, unhappy with the team a la aaron rodgers, but also no MVP campaign either like Rodgers.

Baker has got to play (for a team he doesn't like anymore ) to prove to the other 31 teams who might take a chance on him that hes not a childish shitgoblin even though the browns cant say the same. Watson sits out 2022. Baker plays 2022 then moves on as a free agent (signing a deal around $7-9 million/year) which is more of a market rate for his talent anyways.
    Last edited by Percy Rideout; 06-27-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Was seeing maybe Baker for Drew Lock in Seattle the other day on Twitter. Kinda makes sense for both teams

What's happening to Baker is going to make other injured QB's not try to play through it. He's better than he's being given credit for, when healthy. Can say the same for Jimmy G.

I’m always a little amazed at the criticism Jimmy G gets. I haven’t followed him super closely, but he’s got 5 playoff wins, and this Browns fan would take that in a heartbeat.

Shit, I still want a statue for Baker after that Pittsburgh beatdown in the playoffs.