Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Drink the Depression Away Cleveland Browns Support Group

I could see the browns giving him a team friendly offer, and them him taking $250 million to go to Miami or Denver and go 6-11 for the next five years

Or Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Excellent Mary Kay article in the Plain Dealer that points out something a lot of folks are missing: yes, the Browns have to decide if they want to give Baker a big money extension. But Baker also has to decide if he wants to take one from a place that has not put priorities on WRs, the passing game in general, or being aggressive in the air. She argues that there are many franchises that would pay him good chunks of cash in free agency, and that it's a two way street.

Baker has to decide to stay.

And now I'm kinda panicked.
    Well, shit. Now that she puts it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    C'mon, he lives in the stadium.
    And has Slice Cooper for a neighbor, what’s not to like?
    I still call it The Jake.

I'm just laughing at this "woe is Baker" nonsense. Oh, his team doesn't "prioritize the passing game" or "like being aggressive". WTF does that even mean? LAUGHING.

Dude has had a great offensive line with studs like Wyatt and Bitonio. Top 10 pick in Willis and they throw a ton of money at Conklin. Top 3 RB in Chubb, and a top 15 back in Hunt. D'Ernest looks pretty good too! Of course, Landry and OBJ aren't cutting it. Funny how Landry broke the record for most catches in his first four years (Pre Browns) and OBJ had one of the greatest starts for a WR in NFL history (Pre Browns), but they're just not the right guys for Baker. Hooper and Njoku aren't exactly bargain bin guys at tight end either. DPOY candidate playing on a D that is at least average, and good to great on better weeks. Yeah, what a dumpster fire.

Sure, he's had some coaching challenges, and the injuries suck, but he needs to play better. Acting like he's going to get the perfect stable of coaching, playcalling, weapons and line play is foolish. He needs to be the reason they win, not the guy they win with.

FTR, I wouldn't extend him right now. Get him healthy and see how 2022 goes, franchise tag him as needed.

Drink the Depression Away Cleveland Browns Support Group

Excellent Mary Kay article in the Plain Dealer that points out something a lot of folks are missing: yes, the Browns have to decide if they want to give Baker a big money extension. But Baker also has to decide if he wants to take one from a place that has not put priorities on WRs, the passing game in general, or being aggressive in the air. She argues that there are many franchises that would pay him good chunks of cash in free agency, and that it's a two way street.

Baker has to decide to stay.

And now I'm kinda panicked.
    Browns fans are like the dude who isn’t happy with his girlfriend. Then she dumps his ass and he’s begging her to come back. But all his buddies who have far more success with girls are thinking it’s the best thing for him.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I'm just laughing at this "woe is Baker" nonsense. Oh, his team doesn't "prioritize the passing game" or "like being aggressive". WTF does that even mean? LAUGHING.

Dude has had a great offensive line with studs like Wyatt and Bitonio. Top 10 pick in Willis and they throw a ton of money at Conklin. Top 3 RB in Chubb, and a top 15 back in Hunt. D'Ernest looks pretty good too! Of course, Landry and OBJ aren't cutting it. Funny how Landry broke the record for most catches in his first four years (Pre Browns) and OBJ had one of the greatest starts for a WR in NFL history (Pre Browns), but they're just not the right guys for Baker. Hooper and Njoku aren't exactly bargain bin guys at tight end either. DPOY candidate playing on a D that is at least average, and good to great on better weeks. Yeah, what a dumpster fire.

Sure, he's had some coaching challenges, and the injuries suck, but he needs to play better. Acting like he's going to get the perfect stable of coaching, playcalling, weapons and line play is foolish. He needs to be the reason they win, not the guy they win with.

FTR, I wouldn't extend him right now. Get him healthy and see how 2022 goes, franchise tag him as needed.
    This is being a Browns fan in 2021. Talent out the ass and mediocre results.

It’s kind of on-brand if you think about it.

#sitBakertomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Browns fans are like the dude who isn’t happy with his girlfriend. Then she dumps his ass and he’s begging her to come back. But all his buddies who have far more success with girls are thinking it’s the best thing for him.
    What are these voices outside loves open door
    Make us throw off our contentment
    And beg for something more?

The bears are really really good at fucking things up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Yeah, I was really hoping they’d pull that one out with less than 2 minutes on the clock and the lead.

Browns win on the back of Nick Chubb, and I’m ok with that. Baker is really playing damaged right now. I hope he can make it to the Bye.

If I were a betting man I'd be throwing some cash at Detroit getting their first win on Turkey day. Either way the old lady has to work so I'll be day drinking and trying not to burn the bird.

Nick freaking Chubb. 130 rushing yards. Finally a hard faught win by running the ball. Baker is definitely off. 2 picks and a 53 QB rating. Heal up baker cuz the season is about to get real. 8 and 8 won't get you anywhere.

Ravens twice
    Raiders
    Packers
    Steelers
    Boomers Bengals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k you cat View Post
    Nick freaking Chubb. 130 rushing yards. Finally a hard faught win by running the ball. Baker is definitely off. 2 picks and a 53 QB rating. Heal up baker cuz the season is about to get real. 8 and 8 won't get you anywhere.

Ravens twice
    Raiders
    Packers
    Steelers
    Boomers Bengals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Right? I would have liked to seen him rested yesterday given the opponent, Chubb getting back and the shitty rainy weather.

They are a better team with him in there, no doubt, but that's full-strength Baker, not torn labrum, broken shoulder, foot issue, bone bruised knee-Baker.

I didn't like seeing that he walked off the field and declined to speak to the media. He had a rough day, sure, and he's clearly beat to shit. Hopefully it had more to do with him wanting to get to the trainers' room and not pouting cause some of the crowd was booing after his second pick (which was tipped, but hey).

Honestly, I don't know what you do. Keep playing him if he says he's good to go and risk taking the hit that does him in for the year (or longer), or do you hope Kareem Hunt gets back this week and roll with the O-line and run game with Keenum handing the ball off until Baker can get somewhat healthy and hope that's enough to get you into the postseason?

What I do know is that it's really weird feeling like its a Browns Therapy Monday after a win. It wasn't that long ago that 6 wins total would be an improvement for this franchise.

Interesting press conference from Baker yesterday, and I have to admit, thinking about him walking straight off the field immediately after taking a knee to end the game without congratulating his teammates, or shaking hands with the other team after a WIN is bizarre, but it speaks to how pissed he was at himself.

Got a nice dig on the fans booing him too saying he doesn't care as they're probably the same ones screaming when they're on offense.

Emily also stepped in it too inadvertently calling out everyone on the team as not being as tough as Baker by retwattering some stuff.

Makes you wonder how drama-filled things are at the stadium when its just her and Baker.

We've hit a rough patch. I may come hang out with y'all if the ship doesn't get righted soon. The gales of November have come to Orchard Park.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

They just blew from Cleveland in the west is all.

Sorry bout that.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    We've hit a rough patch. I may come hang out with y'all if the ship doesn't get righted soon. The gales of November have come to Orchard Park.
    The bar is open, and we are one Baltimore game next week away from Happy Hour.

And one two weeks after that from $1 shot night.

Hope we don’t see ya around, but you are always welcome.

Killing time before checking out for the holiday and I’m just baffled by the fans calling in suggesting we go after some turd QB (Trubisky) or hold out and draft one next year.

Did you people not get enough of QB roulette the past 20 years!?! We have a serviceable QB who is beat to shit on a team that is run first run often. WTF do you want?

Yeah, TR, I don’t think we’ll be seeing our brothers uplake in here on any kind of extended stretch. Grab your complementary shot of Jäger at the door and we’ll see you in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Killing time before checking out for the holiday and I’m just baffled by the fans calling in suggesting we go after some turd QB (Trubisky) or hold out and draft one next year.

Did you people not get enough of QB roulette the past 20 years!?! We have a serviceable QB who is beat to shit on a team that is run first run often. WTF do you want?

Yeah, TR, I don’t think we’ll be seeing our brothers uplake in here on any kind of extended stretch. Grab your complementary shot of Jäger at the door and we’ll see you in the postseason.
    I think Mayfield is the answer. Best case the troubles this year make his long term contract cheaper. Worst case somehow the fans, media and injuries break him or drive him out. I'd happily pay Mayfield 35 mil a year to be a top 15 QB in the league. That 35 mil is gonna look pretty cheap 5 years from now with escalation. And again, the dude just keeps winning games. He executes the gameplan (when healthy.)

He's beat to shit right now. He probably shouldn't be playing. But we'll trot him out at B'More and hope for lightning in a bottle. Who knows, maybe we'll get it.

There are a ton of people out there who hate the dude and just can't wait to see him fail. It's kind of amazing. I really don't understand it, but I guess that's the way it is.

Well, it's official...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  66.3 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Wait, hold up, who's available now?

EWG, yeah, I have no clue what is up with the Baker hate lately. Go home fans, you're drunk.

Johnny Manziels ex-wife. Looks like she’s looking for a good time. Smart move. She needs to capitalize on that asset before it depreciates any further.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Is 1pm too early to pour an old fashioned. Should I just root for detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Is 1pm too early to pour an old fashioned. Should I just root for detroit?

Is 1pm too early? Are you new here?

Touche. I came to my senses and just swigged from the bottle of wild Turkey after shotgunning a Miller lite.

I'd happily pay Mayfield 35 mil a year to be a top 15 QB in the league.
    The argument from most is that Baker isn't a top 15 QB. His QBR rankings since he entered the league:

2018: 23rd
    2019: 19th
    2020: 10th
    2021: 27th

There may be many reasons for this quality, or lack thereof, in performance but the reality is that you can pay someone far less than $35M to get the same results and paying him that much kills their cap and will hurt other areas of the team. Most people contribute his success in 2020 to having an elite/very good offence around him. Baker is a game manager, that is all he is, with a good commercial appeal (not sure why, I'm out of the loop on that and don't see his commercials in Canada) who needs all other aspects of the team to be at elite, or at least very good, levels of performance for him to have any chance at 'success'.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    The argument from most is that Baker isn't a top 15 QB. His QBR rankings since he entered the league:

2018: 23rd
    2019: 19th
    2020: 10th
    2021: 27th

There may be many reasons for this quality, or lack thereof, in performance but the reality is that you can pay someone far less than $35M to get the same results and paying him that much kills their cap and will hurt other areas of the team. Most people contribute his success in 2020 to having an elite/very good offence around him. Baker is a game manager, that is all he is, with a good commercial appeal (not sure why, I'm out of the loop on that and don't see his commercials in Canada) who needs all other aspects of the team to be at elite, or at least very good, levels of performance for him to have any chance at 'success'.
    All this and more. Baker habitually abandons the pocket prematurely and just isn't very accurate. He's decent when play action is going, but is a below average pocket passer. He's playing behind a great line with a great back yet he's regressing. Is he any better than Goff, who the Rams just paid to get rid of? He's got more swagger than Goff, but that's about it. Goff throws a better ball.

I think they get a deal done, but with minimal guaranteed money. I don't see anyone offering him much guaranteed money. It's not for good for the Browns that he's having a bad year, but it might help them avoid getting locked into a a big deal with a sub par QB.