Page 54 of 100 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2495
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    The cognitive dissonance that has to be present to sign this dude has to be bad enough that something like this also feels logical to them
    Yep, I don't think Jimmy Haslam can contemplate that far into the future. He just has a shiny new toy and wants to see him in action, and like a 5 year old kid, he wants to see it now.

Consequences of actions? Pffft, that's for the poors.
    I still call it The Jake.

Drink the Depression Away Cleveland Browns Support Group

Now it’s getting complicated. First the more savory side of things: Baker.

Turns out we all forgot that if the Browns keep Baker all year and then he signs with another team as a FA, the Browns likely get a compensatory pick in the 4th or 5th depending on a number of factors. So they won’t trade him for less than that. Either better pick or to save some money, but eating most of his salary and getting a 5th rounder probably isn’t gonna cut it. Interesting.

On the less savory side, the NFL has now leaked that while they want at least a year suspension they won’t appeal if the judgement is 6-8 games. While the report I read theorized that the league is lying and will appeal to Goodell and do an end around on the process in that case, it seems more likely that their game is looking tough but not being tough.

Leak to the media that you want a year at least, the leak to the media that you’ll live with 6-8 games cause you don’t want to drag it out. Then accept 6-8 games when that’s the ruling. That does a bunch of things: doesn’t undermine this new process that was negotiated with the NFLPA, keeps a star on the field, keeps Kraft and Snyder from being drug through the dirt by Watson’s attorneys on appeal, keeps the Haslims happy.

This is all being sorted out behind the scenes it seems.

#bringbackBaker

Six games would be a travesty

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Now it’s getting complicated. First the more savory side of things: Baker.

Turns out we all forgot that if the Browns keep Baker all year and then he signs with another team as a FA, the Browns likely get a compensatory pick in the 4th or 5th depending on a number of factors. So they won’t trade him for less than that. Either better pick or to save some money, but eating most of his salary and getting a 5th rounder probably isn’t gonna cut it. Interesting.

On the less savory side, the NFL has now leaked that while they want at least a year suspension they won’t appeal if the judgement is 6-8 games. While the report I read theorized that the league is lying and will appeal to Goodell and do an end around on the process in that case, it seems more likely that their game is looking tough but not being tough.

Leak to the media that you want a year at least, the leak to the media that you’ll live with 6-8 games cause you don’t want to drag it out. Then accept 6-8 games when that’s the ruling. That does a bunch of things: doesn’t undermine this new process that was negotiated with the NFLPA, keeps a star on the field, keeps Kraft and Snyder from being drug through the dirt by Watson’s attorneys on appeal, keeps the Haslims happy.

This is all being sorted out behind the scenes it seems.

#bringbackBaker
    Interesting stuff.

I fully expect the initial ruling to be dropped to the media this Saturday, right before the July 4th holiday when no one is paying attention.

I'm pulling for the full year+, bringing Baker back, and getting the compensatory pick.

Baker to Carolina for a conditional 5th rounder (could be a 4th) and split the $18.8M salary.

What a joke.

Wonder if this means there’s a Deshaun decision soon.

Can't wait for this season of mediocre/inconsistent QB play!
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Baker to Carolina for a conditional 5th rounder (could be a 4th) and split the $18.8M salary.

What a joke.

Wonder if this means there’s a Deshaun decision soon.
    Ugh, sorry fellas. That's brutal

Man they got absolutely nothing for him. It’s their own fault. They tanked his stock forcing him to play hurt last year

Edit:

Ok, it’s actually worse. They only trimmed $8 mil off their cap hit, and the fifth rounder is in 2024.

Lol. You can’t write this any better.

Baker apparently agreed to shave 3.5 million off his guaranteed salary in connection with the trade. Why on earth he would do that is beyond me.

Anyone happen to see who the Browns play week one?

Cleveland really loves those shit sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Lol. You can’t write this any better.

Baker apparently agreed to shave 3.5 million off his guaranteed salary in connection with the trade. Why on earth he would do that is beyond me.
    Weak division, and McCaffrey in the backfield. And the chance to blow the Browns up in week 1.

A decent chance of playing medium well will probably earn that 3.5 million back on his next contract vs not playing this year, right?

A decent chance of playing medium well will probably earn that 3.5 million back on his next contract vs not playing this year, right?
    Idk if medium well qb is possible with Rhule.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Idk if medium well qb is possible with Rhule.
    Fair enough. Panthers paying Baker $5 mil to start and paying Darnold $18 mil to ride the bench.

Fair enough. Panthers paying Baker $5 mil to start and paying Darnold $18 mil to ride the bench.
    And Baker will be doing the chores around our stadium too amirite??

It's worth an extra 4 million just so we don't have to watch Darnold or Newton flailing away.. Darnold might still mature and get better but he clearly wasn't the answer yet.. I'd take a chance on Keap before putting Darnold back in as starter right now. Sunk costs aside, optimistic that Mayfield will light a spark here..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Loving it...what does it cost to turn a first overall pick into a conditional 4th? $10.5 million apparently!

I am still pulling for that perfect fuck the Browns 10 game suspension.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Panthers bought really, really low. If you get 2020 Baker, it’s an absolute steal.

Bought tickets to the Browns Bills matchup in November, looking forward to witnessing the beatdown !

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Panthers bought really, really low. If you get 2020 Baker, it’s an absolute steal.

Bought tickets to the Browns Bills matchup in November, looking forward to witnessing the the beatdown !
    I was really looking forward to a healthy Baker vs Allen matchup.

Le sigh.

Well we bought a 4th round draft pick for 10.5 million and a starting caliber QB. When you can make a deal like that, ya just gotta do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Even by Browns standards, that's an impressively bad deal.
    We can do worse.

We can do worse.
    It isn't quite "Rockies trade Arenado for a bag of peanuts and pay $51M for the honor of doing so" But it's still pretty bad.

We can do worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    It isn't quite "Rockies trade Arenado for a bag of peanuts and pay $51M for the honor of doing so" But it's still pretty bad.
    I thing what the Vikings gave up for Hershel Walker has to be the worst trade in NFL history. Cowboys went on to win 4 SuperBowls in the 90s thanks to that.. and Minnesota.... Oof! rumer has it the North Stars to Dallas was the final part of that deal LOL
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. If any Browns execs ask you to hold their beer, don’t.