Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2495
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I’m always a little amazed at the criticism Jimmy G gets. I haven’t followed him super closely, but he’s got 5 playoff wins, and this Browns fan would take that in a heartbeat.

Shit, I still want a statue for Baker after that Pittsburgh beatdown in the playoffs.
    It was also glorious the way it all went down....

Week 17. Steelers v Browns regular season finale. Pittsburgh basically plays none of their starters, and tanks the game knowing the browns will be their wildcard matchup next week.

Wildcard week 1: Steelers play all their starters and get shitwhipped by the browns. The browns manage to knock patrick mahomes out the next week and come within a cunt hair of beating the chiefs. Been downhill ever since...

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    It was also glorious the way it all went down....

Week 17. Steelers v Browns regular season finale. Pittsburgh basically plays none of their starters, and tanks the game knowing the browns will be their wildcard matchup next week.

Wildcard week 1: Steelers play all their starters and get shitwhipped by the browns. The browns manage to knock patrick mahomes out the next week and come within a cunt hair of beating the chiefs. Been downhill ever since...
    That glorious chain of events was just last year.

Think about that.

January 2021 Browns fans everywhere were filled with hope and optimism for the first time since the late 80, first time ever for many fans.

And then Jimmy Haslam was like, "hold my beer".

FFS.
    I still call it The Jake.

As we’ve said in this thread time after time after time:

It’s the hope that kills ya.

Mason Rudolph, your next Browns starting QB

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    As we’ve said in this thread time after time after time:

It’s the hope that kills ya.
    Every. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by acostiga View Post
    Mason Rudolph, your next Browns starting QB
    Him and Myles together at last?

Where’s that Hard Knocks crew already?

I’m always a little amazed at the criticism Jimmy G gets. I haven’t followed him super closely, but he’s got 5 playoff wins, and this Browns fan would take that in a heartbeat.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-en...1=hp_secondary

We lost two games,” Bennett recalled of that season. “One of them was because Jimmy Garoppolo was being a b—-. He decided not to play right before the game. Jacoby [Brissett] came out and played with a f—ed up thumb and played his heart out, but Jimmy was just being a b—- about it all.

“You can’t win with a b—- for a quarterback,” Bennett bluntly added.

Like I kinda said, you can't have a QB who's prettier than any of the females in the home city. Jimmy G in Cleveland will never work.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    https://www.boston.com/sports/new-en...1=hp_secondary

We lost two games,” Bennett recalled of that season. “One of them was because Jimmy Garoppolo was being a b—-. He decided not to play right before the game. Jacoby [Brissett] came out and played with a f—ed up thumb and played his heart out, but Jimmy was just being a b—- about it all.

“You can’t win with a b—- for a quarterback,” Bennett bluntly added.
    I like how he deftly crafted his feelings there into a nuanced statement about Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Like I kinda said, you can't have a QB who's prettier than any of the females in the home city. Jimmy G in Cleveland will never work.

There's loads of females in Cleveland that are more attractive than a man.

^^ this is absolutely true

Drink the Depression Away Cleveland Browns Support Group

NFL is asking for an “indefinite” suspension for Watson with a 1 year minimum. Sounds like that would likely mean his contract pushes back a year and the 5 year, 230 mil starts next year. Which seems like something set up to benefit the team, who would now have an enormous amount of cap space next year.

Also a local Cleveland beat writer keeps banging on the drum that he thinks getting Watson came directly from ownership.

This is just so awful. I want no part of this. Can we trade Watson AND the Haslims?

Goddamn this.

This mess rests solely at the feet of Jimmy Haslam. The same guy who had no problem defrauding his customer base from his Pilot/Flying J truckstops with his fuel rebate scam until the Feds stepped in. The same guy who has gone through 5 gms and 5 head coaches since buying the team in 2012. He's a grown up version of an impulsive and irrational 3 year old with a billionaire's bank account.

Berry trying to keep all the balls in the air and I guaranty Stefanski wanted no part of this.

This mess rests solely at the feet of Jimmy Haslam. The same guy who had no problem defrauding his customer base from his Pilot/Flying J truckstops with his fuel rebate scam until the Feds stepped in. The same guy who has gone through 5 gms and 5 head coaches since buying the team in 2012. He's a grown up version of an impulsive and irrational 3 year old with a billionaire's bank account.

Berry trying to keep all the balls in the air and I guaranty Stefanski wanted no part of this.
    Hey now Jimmy said he didn’t know about any of that Pilot stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Hey now Jimmy said he didn’t know about any of that Pilot stuff.
    Right? That was all middle management’s doing.

NFL is asking for an “indefinite” suspension for Watson with a 1 year minimum.
    Who are they asking? They just say what it is. (I know they have a hearing with the PA, but ultimately the league gets what they want)

It'll be interesting to see how Watson performs when he comes back. No matter how talented you are, missing 2+ full seasons is a long time away from actual game play.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

With all the anti stress and tension therapy he’s been receiving, he should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Who are they asking? They just say what it is. (I know they have a hearing with the PA, but ultimately the league gets what they want)

It'll be interesting to see how Watson performs when he comes back. No matter how talented you are, missing 2+ full seasons is a long time away from actual game play.
    Let's pick up Kaep and find out what rust does to a QB.

My understanding is both NFLPA and NFL make cases to arbitration judge today, then both sides may appeal to... wait for it... Roger Goodell.

What a colossal waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    With all the anti stress and tension therapy he’s been receiving, he should be fine.
    Bwah!

^^ That's my point, Goodell makes the appeal decision so the league gets what it wants. It's always been ridiculous... I remember a big discussion about it during Deflategate.

NFL is asking for an “indefinite” suspension for Watson with a 1 year minimum. Sounds like that would likely mean his contract pushes back a year and the 5 year, 230 mil starts next year. Which seems like something set up to benefit the team, who would now have an enormous amount of cap space next year.

Also a local Cleveland beat writer keeps banging on the drum that he thinks getting Watson came directly from ownership.

This is just so awful. I want no part of this. Can we trade Watson AND the Haslims?

Goddamn this.
    Why would his contract not start in year 1 as planned and he just doesn't get paid since he's not playing? That doesn't seem like much of a penalty to me...but also seems consistent with NFL and how they typically fuck this sort of thing up.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Drink the Depression Away Cleveland Browns Support Group

I’m out of words for this conundrum.
    All I have is laughter.

Baker gave an interview to some Sooner podcast yesterday where he left the door ever so slightly open for the Browns to reach out to him to come play. He said “for that to happen there has to be some reaching out.” When given the opportunity to slam the door shut on the idea.

Baker needs to play this year, the Browns can’t honestly say that Jacoby Brissett for 17 games is better than Baker, who they’re already paying.

Man, I really hope Watson is indefinitely suspended for no less than a year and they make this happen.

Baker gave an interview to some Sooner podcast yesterday where he left the door ever so slightly open for the Browns to reach out to him to come play. He said “for that to happen there has to be some reaching out.” When given the opportunity to slam the door shut on the idea.

Baker needs to play this year, the Browns can’t honestly say that Jacoby Brissett for 17 games is better than Baker, who they’re already paying.

Man, I really hope Watson is indefinitely suspended for no less than a year and they make this happen.
    Co-sign. And then trade Watson. For a bag of chips.

Put Watson in the training room to give active players "massages" and see how he likes it. He should earn that guaranteed bag of cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I just read that so far Watson has been getting most of the first team snaps. That seems, uh, not smart.

Co-sign. And then trade Watson. For a bag of chips.
    I wouldn’t even want the chips. I’d feel gross eating em.

I just read that so far Watson has been getting most of the first team snaps. That seems, uh, not smart.
    Right? Let’s get Baker back in the building and working on handing the ball off to Chubb.

The cognitive dissonance that has to be present to sign this dude has to be bad enough that something like this also feels logical to them