Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    I fucking hate the Patriots.

And my team sucks right now. Defense even calling out coaches. This should end well.

Drink the Depression Away Cleveland Browns Support Group

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I fucking hate the Patriots.

And my team sucks right now. Defense even calling out coaches. This should end well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0332.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	392809

That's why I came back to TGR - the kindness.

Garrett complaining about the coaching is weak. Pats targeted him over and over on screen passes. He either ran himself out of the play, or froze and was a non factor. He was a big part of the problem. It's not like he's never been coached on how to defend different types of screen passes.

But the Browns will figure that out. So will Garrett. Their roster is damn good. The coach is young but smart. The QB is a problem though. I hope they can sign Baker to deal with minimal guaranteed money, look for the next guy, and dump Baker when it's time.

Signed,
    Pats fan with a soft spot for the Browns

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Their roster is damn good. The coach is young but smart. The QB is a problem though. I hope they can sign Baker to deal with minimal guaranteed money, look for the next guy, and dump Baker when it's time.

Signed,
    Pats fan with a soft spot for the Browns
    Streaming CLE sports talk 92.3 the fan this morning has been highly entertaing this morning as the QB and what to do with him is the topic.

Who else you gonna get out of the current NFL quarterbacks has been wildly entertaining and leads me to believe people started drinking at 9 this morning.

Mitchell Trubisky, Matt Ryan and the reanimated corpse of Otto Graham have been the strongest suggestions so far.
    I still call it The Jake.

^^Gardner Minshew^^

Don't forget Mike White.

He'd have to live in a stadium which, I dunno, could be cool I suppose.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Don't forget Mike White.

He'd have to live in a stadium which, I dunno, could be cool I suppose.
    One does not just go out and get Mike White. He anoints your team with his presence.

I wonder what the Progressive commercials are going to look like when Baker moves out?

I'd love to see some O-hi-o red hat heads explode, let's get Kaepernick into the discussion.

Go for it, except I don't think Kap really wants to play.

At least not on the terms that any NFL GM would give him.

I'm sure at some point we will see Fitzmagic in a Browns uniform.

That would be so awesome. He'd get the team into the playoffs then implode.

Perfect for the DDA crew.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

leads me to believe people started drinking at 9 this morning.
    You know this is Cleveland, right?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    You know this is Cleveland, right?
    Right? What was I thinking.

I'm reminded of comedian Brian Kenny's epic telling of 10 cent beer night, "this city is a lot of things. A city of lightweights is not one of those things."

Gotta start early if you're gonna drink all day.

I love all this talk of Cleveland going and getting another QB. Baker may not be great, but I'd say he's still better than the last 20 or so guys they've trotted out there. What makes the fans think the Browns can get it right this time?

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    I love all this talk of Cleveland going and getting another QB. Baker may not be great, but I'd say he's still better than the last 20 or so guys they've trotted out there. What makes the fans think the Browns can get it right this time?
    I'm still on the Baker train, and yes, he's better than just about every one of these guys listed below (Couch was good and had potential to be great, but that expansion team line got him murdered).

But the reason why Browns fans think that they can get it right with another QB is easy: Andrew Berry. The man has done fantastic in his short time as GM and he, along with Stefanski, have provided adult leadership in a program that has been the shiny fun-toy of its truckstop billionaire owner. Baker is John Dorsey's guy.

Here we go again with you Browns fans. I'd like to be the voice of continual hope and reason. You had a setback after a visit to the Death Star for a game against the Sith Lord and his son and the whole season is crumbling now?
    Did Luke and the rest of the resistance fighters give up when the Empire had their backs to the wall? No, goddammit, they soldiered on and prevailed. Stefanski is a football Jedi Master who along with the help of fellow Alliance forces of Lake Erie will eliminate those evil bastards.
    In the end, Good will triumph over Evil.

Here we go again with you Browns fans. I'd like to be the voice of continual hope and reason. You had a setback after a visit to the Death Star for a game against the Sith Lord and his son and the whole season is crumbling now?
    Did Luke and the rest of the resistance fighters give up when the Empire had their backs to the wall? No, goddammit, they soldiered on and prevailed. Stefanski is a football Jedi Master who along with the help of fellow Alliance forces of Lake Erie will eliminate those evil bastards.
    I may print this out and tape it to my television.

Can we sticky that at the top of the page for this thread?

Thanks TR, we needed that.

My team couldn't even score a touchdown 2 weeks ago against the Jaguars. Let that sink in. Those were dark days indeed. At least you played a contender. We have to line up and play Jonathan Taylor led by the ghost of Buffalo past this weekend. Am I nervous? Sure. Spencer Brown, questionable, Tremaine Edmunds -out, Star howeveryouspellhisname--out. But do I think we'll lose? Hell no. Because our coach is chasing his players around with a boxing glove on a stick to prepare them for this shit.

My team couldn't even score a touchdown 2 weeks ago against the Jaguars. Let that sink in. Those were dark days indeed. At least you played a contender. We have to line up and play Jonathan Taylor led by the ghost of Buffalo past this weekend. Am I nervous? Sure. Spencer Brown, questionable, Tremaine Edmunds -out, Star howeveryouspellhisname--out. But do I think we'll lose? Hell no. Because our coach is chasing his players around with a boxing glove on a stick to prepare them for this shit.
    That's the kind of motivation I'd like to see in Berea. Except maybe with the head of Mason Rudolph on the end of that stick and Myles Garrett holding it.

Stefanski seems to be getting a lot of love considering he’s 5-5

Throttling the Steelers in their first playoff win in 27 years earns you that kind of clout.

Excellent Mary Kay article in the Plain Dealer that points out something a lot of folks are missing: yes, the Browns have to decide if they want to give Baker a big money extension. But Baker also has to decide if he wants to take one from a place that has not put priorities on WRs, the passing game in general, or being aggressive in the air. She argues that there are many franchises that would pay him good chunks of cash in free agency, and that it's a two way street.

Baker has to decide to stay.

And now I'm kinda panicked.

C'mon, he lives in the stadium.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy