Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Monday and Tuesday can be hard on the head.

I actually thought about it in the middle of the night last night. I feel bad for my relatives in their 70s and 80s. All they needed was to beat the Jets. Dammit. Let them feel joy.

My heart has hope. My heart, however, is a stupid abused child. My brain knows better and is not looking forward to losing 35 to 31 at the hands of Rudolph during the Christmas season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Man, it's like we're brothers.

70's and 80's? Sure, I feel bad for them too. I feel the most bad for my Dad who passed way too young a few months before he turned 60, not seeing a single CLE title in his life (but we did get to go to both the 95 and 97 World Series, and I shed some tears thinking of him when I flew my ass up to CLE to watch and celebrate Game 7 of the Cavaliers' Title).
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I was banging balls on the range this afternoon as they mounted their second half comeback, listening along to the radio call on my airbuds. Several, audible, loud, “FOR FUCK’s SAKE” snuck out to the surprise of those around me.

I just swung harder.
    Along with FFS you could also do a bit of a changeup...

There's also WTAF?

and AYFKM?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Along with FFS you could also do a bit of a changeup...

There's also WTAF?

and AYFKM?!?
    Are you fucking kidding me is a tried and true Browns fan mantra.

It's like this:

Name:  ParkeyPole.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  32.9 KB

Patriots fan here... How many more years of a team sucking does one need to be able to start a thread of their own.

Drink the Depression Away Cleveland Browns Support Group

Man, it's like we're brothers.

70's and 80's? Sure, I feel bad for them too. I feel the most bad for my Dad who passed way too young a few months before he turned 60, not seeing a single CLE title in his life (but we did get to go to both the 95 and 97 World Series, and I shed some tears thinking of him when I flew my ass up to CLE to watch and celebrate Game 7 of the Cavaliers' Title).
    That’s tough to hear. Sorry he never saw it.

If you get to make the trip out this way I am definitely buying you a drink or 6.

Maybe they’ll get it done Sunday. Maybe. We can dream, like we always do.

Edit: just started snickering about the “name a better duo” post again.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Patriots fan here... How many more years of a team sucking does one need to be able to start a thread of their own.
    See the above. When you have 3 or more generations of a fan base that has never seen any type of success, and in fact has been sucked in again and again only to get stomach punched, then you get a thread named after you. Until then, feel free to come on in to this one, pull up a chair at the bar, settle in and enjoy the company and understanding. Bitch all you want, we will buy you a shot. It’s all good.

Try not to wear any of your 6 ducking super bowl hats though. You might just get the shit kicked out of you.

Now that I think of it, Patriots fans might be the only damn fans not allowed. Not sure. 6 fucking Super Bowls.

Now I’m upset. Need a ruling from BMills...

See the above. When you have 3 or more generations of a fan base that has never seen any type of success, and in fact has been sucked in again and again only to get stomach punched, then you get a thread named after you. Until then, feel free to come on in to this one, pull up a chair at the bar, settle in and enjoy the company and understanding. Bitch all you want, we will buy you a shot. It’s all good.

Try not to wear any of your 6 ducking super bowl hats though. You might just get the shit kicked out of you.

Now that I think of it, Patriots fans might be the only damn fans not allowed. Not sure. 6 fucking Super Bowls.

Now I’m upset. Need a ruling from BMills...
    I feel like we must be welcoming, like we are to all other downtrodden souls.

But that said, we're talking about the spoilt of the spoilt, the Evil Empire, the smug of the smug.

For fuck's sake, my youngest sister was in grade school at Old Trail School the day that a helicopter landed on the soccer field and picked up the Sith Lord's oldest daughter the day he got hired in New England. Buh, bye CLE, and don't let me wipe my feet on the way out.

My heart says fuck them, but my heart also says, who are we to judge the downtrodden; let us accept all comers.

My vote is for "in" but the thread remains ours, not some move to Baltimore bullshit, ok?

That’s tough to hear. Sorry he never saw it.

If you get to make the trip out this way I am definitely buying you a drink or 6.

Maybe they’ll get it done Sunday. Maybe. We can dream, like we always do.

Edit: just started snickering about the “name a better duo” post again.
    ETA:

Drinks are shared amongst the miserable. First is on you, then the next is on me, and on and on until one of us passes out or until the Browns win a title, whichever comes first.

If you'd been a Pats fan in the 80's you wouldn't have to ask.

icemang knows.

I'm still a Grogan fan.

20. Come back in 20 years.

Significantly more phones will need to be thrown to get a seat at this table.
    Name:  bill-belichick-throws-phone-600x362.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  27.2 KB

You're off to a good start though.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

20 years or 30 quarterbacks, whichever comes first.

...or 10 head coaches.

10? Pfft. 12.

10 GMs is the benchmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    If you'd been a Pats fan in the 80's you wouldn't have to ask.

icemang knows.

I'm still a Grogan fan.
    I was a fan during that era, but pretty young. So I didn't really realize how bad the Pats were at that time. Grogan was my favorite player.
    20 years is a while to wait, but I suppose the past 20 years have been so good that I'll be patient (or maybe just hope the Pats recover and dominate again).
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ...or 10 head coaches.
    In about 7 or so seasons like the Browns?

20 years or 30 quarterbacks, whichever comes first.
    Fuck. I really dont want to go back through the bears list. It's like the networks favorite list to show. And then show the 2, goddamn 2! QBs, green bay has had in that same time frame. I'm just happy that they moved da bears to the afternoon so I have sufficient time to be blacked out when I'm still naive enough to believe we have a chance in hell at actually winning this game. And therein lies the rub, they cant just keep winning or lose decidedly, they have to give you just enough hope to bring you back before a soul crushing playoff ending defeat to your mortal enemy....

Godspeed browns fans.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    In about 7 or so seasons like the Browns?
    Their HR department was certainly busy over that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Fuck. I really dont want to go back through the bears list. It's like the networks favorite list to show. And then show the 2, goddamn 2! QBs, green bay has had in that same time frame. I'm just happy that they moved da bears to the afternoon so I have sufficient time to be blacked out when I'm still naive enough to believe we have a chance in hell at actually winning this game. And therein lies the rub, they cant just keep winning or lose decidedly, they have to give you just enough hope to bring you back before a soul crushing playoff ending defeat to your mortal enemy....

Godspeed browns fans.
    You get it. Every time you see that list, just think of this jersey:

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Their HR department was certainly busy over that time period.
    Can you imagine the amount of paperwork? The Haslams must really like employing a healthy office staff.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The Browns' biggest opponent last week and this week continues to be Covid.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news...covid-19-tests

Also,

Name:  30B8DA0B-64F4-4B9E-B37B-A1EA5E74A603.jpeg
Views: 219
Size:  69.6 KB

Good god.

We should have seen this coming from the preseason though.

“Playoff bound season derailed by Covid” was one of two prohibitive favorites in the early Vegas odds, right behind “continue to be a giant 6-10 shitshow.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sunday ticket is going to pay for itself this weekend. I might have to set up another TV.

Also,

Name:  30B8DA0B-64F4-4B9E-B37B-A1EA5E74A603.jpeg
Views: 219
Size:  69.6 KB
    Is that a Sonata? What are the odds his AMG shift knob came loose?

In other Browns somewhat-related news today...

"Johnny Manziel has not played in the NFL since 2015, but the former first-round pick has signed yet another football contract. This time, it’s with a league most people have never heard of.

Manziel told ESPN’s Kevin Seifert this week that he has signed with a startup league called Fan Controlled Football. The league is scheduled to begin play in February and will feature 7-on-7 games where fans can set rosters, call plays and interact in a variety of ways. Manziel says he connected with FCF co-founder and CEO Sohrob Farudi through comedian Bob Menery, who is a mutual friend."

And then he drops this enlightened fact...

“It’s going to be very fan-oriented and something I could get behind without being extremely, extremely, extremely serious, the way that my football career has been in the past,” Manziel told Seifert.

I think it’s a Kia, but they may option AMG shift knobs as well.

Regarding Mr Football, that’s just too much gold in one quote to unpack.

He’s finally achieving his dreams of becoming a reality star.