Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Usually on 3rd and 41, the underneath stuff is available. If you don't get to greedy and try to get all 41 at once, and then say, settle for half that, the ensuing 4th and 20 is more manageable.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Usually on 3rd and 41, the underneath stuff is available. If you don't get to greedy and try to get all 41 at once, and then say, settle for half that, the ensuing 4th and 20 is more manageable.
    This is exactly what the broadcast crew said when Ian Eagle asked, "what's the call on 3rd and 41?" to his colleagues. Without missing a beat they all said, "Screen!".

But that's just not how Baker Mayfield plays ball. He's much like that other Cleveland sports hero, Pedro Cerrano, who was not against trying to hit a 6 run home-run when faced with a tough spot.

I think the healing part of these Browns Therapy Mondays is the fun we have trying to figure out how to dig out of holes that only the Brownies could find themselves in. It's like one of those Choose Your Own Adventure books, but you usually end up in the same spot in the end.
    I still call it The Jake.

Tank for Trevor!

The Ravens are tough but the Baker Mayfield Progressive commercials could start taking on a more ominous tone if they lose to the Bengals (+6) this w/e.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I can’t wait to see Baker Mayfield flame out. Another Browns QB who focused more on endorsements than football.

Imagine what could have been if Belichick had been your coach for the last 30 years! I mean is there any doubt you’d be the winningest team in history?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle Rick View Post
    awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I can’t wait to see Baker Mayfield flame out. Another Browns QB who focused more on endorsements than football.

Imagine what could have been if Belichick had been your coach for the last 30 years! I mean is there any doubt you’d be the winningest team in history?

Belichick was fired by the guy who couldn't make money in a sport that does nothing but find new ways to print it and then moved the team to Baltimore because that was the only way he could balance the checkbook. The current malaise is most easily attributable to the ownership under Jimmy Haslam, which makes the Trump Cabinet look like a model of consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle Rick View Post
    That's good. I haven't seen that one.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post

Those will never get old. The guy who makes em also has quite a few other entertaining takes on the CLE sporting scene.

as a USC gamecock I'll only say pass the schlitz.
    "Can't you see..."

Not trying to rub it in..but some of these are just too good!
    Name:  brown.jpg
Views: 1919
Size:  184.9 KB
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Baker Mayfield has the perfect companion in OBJ. Who cares about winning when you can rake in that endorsement money!

1 or 2 good games a year and a one handed catch for the highlight reel is all they need. Going to the playoffs, or further, sounds like a lot of unnecessary extra work.

While the combo of Baker and OBJ has yet to bear any fruit that I can see, it is worth noting that the Browns weren't eliminated from playoff contention until the last game of the year last season.

I think Baker can get them there, and he seems more engaged this year and less of a presence in the wrong sections of the internet (and Baltimore is one of the best teams in the league so is this one-week sample representative?)... but, he's rapidly running out of time to convince me and all the other kool-aid drinkers that he can.

I beg to differ BMills. Looks to me that we are elimated from the post season after game one. We are in fact the Browns. The league needs a punching bag. Between that and all the self destructing Cleveland is so famous for. We are screwed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    I beg to differ BMills. Looks to me that we are elimated from the post season after game one. We are in fact the Browns. The league needs a punching bag. Between that and all the self destructing Cleveland is so famous for. We are screwed.

I’m not willing to say you’re wrong at this point, that’s for sure.

Drink the Depression Away Cleveland Browns Support Group

Me either. This constant combination of doom and hope is disturbing. I feel deeply that we are ticked but truly believe we have a good chance to turn it around Thursday. Somehow I hold the concurrent opinions that Baker is both Manziel and Farve.

Also, how the hell had Bmills never seen the factory of sadness video? I’d never seen the Kenny one though...

Ok, clearly you don’t understand how this works. If Belichick has stayed the Cleveland coach he would have been fired in 2 more years, been fired from an offensive coordinator job 3 years later, his wife would have left him, he would have accidentally backed over his own dog in the driveway, and he would have developed an allergy to sweatshirts. It doesn’t matter how talented you are. Don’t coach or play QB for this team.

If the Ravens has drafted Brandon Weeden he’d have a 12-3 lifetime playoff record right now and be talking about an announcing career when he retired.

Just be happy you didn't drop 50 large to get a 43 year old Tom Brady

Name:  bradykaren.jpg
Views: 1730
Size:  48.9 KB

That’s a snappy new haircut on Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post

at least you only have to wait until Thursday to know for certain.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    at least you only have to wait until Thursday to know for certain.
    The NFL had the good sense to get the deciding loss on the schedule early. Week 1 was a goner anyway.

I have a case of beer and am encouraging the family to go camping. I’m ready.

I do not pretend to know your pain but you must be used to it by now. My trauma has been sudden and unforeseen. Conference winners one year, last in the division the next. 11 wins a year later, only to be followed by the biggest mid-season collapse in the history of the NFL last year. On another note, cleveland, unfortunately, has not had any true stars of recent times. We have had many of the brightest stars of the 2010s. They left. They were thrown away and disrespected. Steve Smith. Thomas Davis. Josh Norman. Luke Keuchly. Cam Newton. Greg Olsen. All former all-pros, all players that walked away or were pushed away far too soon...
    but we do have Ed McCaffrey's son.
    On that note, you are right. I will drink to you, the browns fan, rather than to myself as a panthers fan. May god have mercy on your soul.
    Last edited by stealurface831; 09-15-2020 at 08:17 PM.
    swing your fucking sword.

I think OBJ is a shit receiver. Maybe he should address these recent claims circulating in the media and get some shit ​off his chest.
    swing your fucking sword.

The Browns just cut their kicker who missed a FG and a PAT. He was immediately claimed by Cincinnati to replace their injured kicker. The Browns play Cinci in 2 days.

I know god hates Cleveland, but this kind of long game is super impressive. What are the odds that the Bengals win with a last minute kick. 90%? 100%? 237%?

At this point I’m kinda looking forward to it.