Page 28 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    OBJ doing OBJ things.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    And just like that, we’re back to the title of the thread. Luckily the weather here turned and we’ve got cold, rain and snow. Seems more appropriate to the mood.
    And just like that, we’re back to the title of the thread. Luckily the weather here turned and we’ve got cold, rain and snow. Seems more appropriate to the mood.

I may need to quote this a few more times in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    OBJ doing OBJ things.
    I listened in on the Eli and Peyton call for MNF last night in hopes of hearing some good OBJ trade deadline stories from Eli, but I must have missed it.
    I still call it The Jake.

I'm not sure they're exchanging Christmas cards anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm not sure they're exchanging Christmas cards anymore.
    Well, Eli is another crappy QB who didn't get him the ball enough, so it's understandable.

I'm still in Baker's camp, I'm just not sure he should be playing right now with that shoulder/broken bone.

Odell is a weapon, and I'm positive we're not using him correctly. He's also a dramatic diva with a penchant for shitting on people in indirect ways.

To quote Dom: Eli Manning is the Slingblade of quarterbacks, so that comparison may be a touch harsh.

OBJ to Raiders for a 2nd and 3rd says ESPN.

I think this is a great trade for the Brownies.

What does "We're not using him correctly" even mean? This is one of my favorite NFL hot takes, as if elite players need some special play design to deliver results. Elite players should transcend scheme.

When OBJ was elite, he did it all. Quick slants to the house, 50+ yard bombs, juking defenders out of their cleats, circus catches, etc. Now he's MIA and a shell of himself. That is not a Baker/Stefankski problem.

OBJ to Raiders for a 2nd and 3rd says ESPN.

I think this is a great trade for the Brownies.
    Holy shit. Yeah, that's a great trade for the Brownies.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    What does "We're not using him correctly" even mean? This is one of my favorite NFL hot takes, as if elite players need some special play design to deliver results. Elite players should transcend scheme.

When OBJ was elite, he did it all. Quick slants to the house, 50+ yard bombs, juking defenders out of their cleats, circus catches, etc. Now he's MIA and a shell of himself. That is not a Baker/Stefankski problem.
    I don't disagree with anything you've said, but I also refer back to my prior post, that Baker isn't going downfield very much right now, likely due to his injury. Downfield these days tends to be the only way to use Odell.

Either way, I think our WR room is great even without OBJ. DPJ is a stud in the making and Jarvis (except for last week) has been the true #1 WR.

Back to drinking. It was a fake twitter post attributed to Adam Schefter and Sportscenter.

I love this country. Let's all just enjoy Odell in a Brown's jersey, shall we?

Coming off a fucked up shoulder, there's no way it won't fuck your mind up. I was lucky to get 4 hours of sleep a night before surgery, and knowing you're going to get drilled a few times on a Sunday is going to put a huge bug in your head.

This just in:

OBJ shows up at Browns practice facility ready to go today and the team tells him he is dismissed from team activities today.

Somehow I don't think he's on the team by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    This just in:

OBJ shows up at Browns practice facility ready to go today and the team tells him he is dismissed from team activities today.

Somehow I don't think he's on the team by tomorrow.
    I’d love to see a fan poll on how the Land feels about that scenario.

Guessing his pop's video wasn't a big hit with the management.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Guessing his pop's video wasn't a big hit with the management.
    Soundtrack kinda sucked in my opinion.

Just listened to Chris rose on the radio with some pretty good points. This team still has a chance to go to the Super Bowl this year and I’m not sure if bowing to some kind of drama caused by a passive aggressive wide receiver is the best thing for those chances. Interested to hear what Kevin Stefanski have to say this afternoon.

ESPN:

BEREA, Ohio -- Odell Beckham Jr. might have played his final game with the Browns, as Beckham's representation is engaged with Cleveland general manager Andrew Berry on the next steps for the wide receiver.

Beckham was told not to attend Wednesday's practice, one day after his father posted comments on social media trashing Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield.

Coach Kevin Stefanski said Wednesday afternoon that he had not spoken to Beckham in the past 24 hours. Asked whether he was preparing to play without Beckham on Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals or whether Beckham was no longer a member of the team, Stefanski said: "I would just tell you today he is excused and we will see where this goes."

Now he can find another team to be a cancer on.

Baker's post-practice press conference just wrapped up and man was he candid.

This orchestrated passive-aggressive side show (OB Sr, LeBron, leaks to reporters by OBJ) yesterday was a total blindside to everyone in the building.

Baker came off owning his errant throws but also sounding like the big time adult in this conversation, when it comes to focus, working towards winning and the culture they built over the past year.

I hope they pay/release in whatever fashion they have to so that Beckham doesn't see the field again anywhere this year; what a child.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Baker's post-practice press conference just wrapped up and man was he candid.

This orchestrated passive-aggressive side show (OB Sr, LeBron, leaks to reporters by OBJ) yesterday was a total blindside to everyone in the building.

Baker came off owning his errant throws but also sounding like the big time adult in this conversation, when it comes to focus, working towards winning and the culture they built over the past year.

I hope they pay/release in whatever fashion they have to so that Beckham doesn't see the field again anywhere this year; what a child.
    Sounds like they are going to keep him on the roster but excuse him from playing so he doesn't go anywhere else this season! I do have a feeling though that he might end up crashing on Brady's couch for a little bit though as Brady likes to take "great" players under his wing to get another ring....

It’s going to be fascinating to see if Baker’s numbers bounce back up to his “OBJ-is-not-on-the-field” levels.

It’s going to be fascinating to see if Baker’s numbers bounce back up to his “OBJ-is-not-on-the-field” levels.
    I welcome this back wholeheartedly.

continuing the OBJ/Baker convo

Name:  FDSoT-TXEAAHB2z.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  55.5 KB
    Name:  FDSoT-aXoAwkzSD.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  66.7 KB

Day 2 - OBJ has been excused from practice.

Welcome to OBJ cut day!