Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Any room at the bar for a 49ers fan? This team is killing me. I am going to just move on from football. I can't watch this shit anymore.
    At least you're not an Eagles fan....and they won.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    That didnt help.

I try to stay above the ref bashing that inevitably is spewed by every mouthbreathing northern ohioan after each loss. At the end of the day we folded.

Browns D had -6 for me in one of my fantasy leagues. -6. Fuck.
    Oh for sure, they gave up 500 yards, that’s not gonna help no matter how bad a call is. This one was just particularly bad, in a game-changing spot, and handed the Chargers a lifeline. A massive lifeline.

Play better. You score 42 In their house, no turnovers, Nick Chubb had 160 yards, Kareem Hunt had almost 100 and two TDs on top of that and Njoku’s massive day... you need to close that out.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Ha, I had Browns D, Saquon and Daniel Jones on one team.
    Oof, so what’s that like, 20 total injuries?

Browns D was down to their last 2 backup corners, DJIII and Myles Garrett.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Oh for sure, they gave up 500 yards, that’s not gonna help no matter how bad a call is. This one was just particularly bad, in a game-changing spot, and handed the Chargers a lifeline. A massive lifeline.

Play better. You score 42 In their house, no turnovers, Nick Chubb had 160 yards, Kareem Hunt had almost 100 and two TDs on top of that and Njoku’s massive day... you need to close that out.

Oof, so what’s that like, 20 total injuries?

Browns D was down to their last 2 backup corners, DJIII and Myles Garrett.
    Injuries were insane

Ward out
    Newsome out
    Clowney out
    JOK to hospital for his throat
    MJ Stewart out
    Garret hurt
    Greedy hurt
    AJ Green hurt

That’s half of the defensive starters out, and the majority of their backups out, and another quarter of the D playing hurt.

And on offense Conklin, Wills and Landry. Your best WR and both starting tackles.

That’s pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Injuries were insane

Ward out
    Newsome out
    Clowney out
    JOK to hospital for his throat
    MJ Stewart out
    Garret hurt
    Greedy hurt
    AJ Green hurt

That’s half of the defensive starters out, and the majority of their backups out, and another quarter of the D playing hurt.

And on offense Conklin, Wills and Landry. Your best WR and both starting tackles.

That’s pretty rough.
    Right (don't forget losing Wills' backup to season ending injury too)!?? We all know injuries are part of the game, but with these players down/out, when the offense played pretty damned near perfect and Baker had a great day, when combined with the unconscionable officiating is why that infuriates me.

For the life of me I can't fathom the shit that Baker is taking from the "fans" this week. What, do you fuckers really want to go back to another 20 years wandering the desert?

The Brownies have lost to 2 of the best teams in the AFC in their houses by a total of 10 points. Breathe.

Agreed on Baker. Absolute worst case, he’s solid. Not a single one of his critics thinks he’s not. They just say he’s not a “franchise” guy. I think he probably is but it doesn’t matter. Cleveland has been quarterbacked by 25 straight guys that have set dumpster fires. I’ll take solid any day of the week.

Then let him keep improving for 10 more years and let’s see what he is.

Also, compare his stats against the demigods Sipe or Kosar. Revisionist history is funny.

25 QBs led us to 1-31 over 2 years. Baker has us at 11 wins and playoffs. I kinda don’t care if he has a QBR of 5. I’ll take the 11 wins.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Agreed on Baker. Absolute worst case, he’s solid. Not a single one of his critics thinks he’s not. They just say he’s not a “franchise” guy. I think he probably is but it doesn’t matter. Cleveland has been quarterbacked by 25 straight guys that have set dumpster fires. I’ll take solid any day of the week.

Also, compare his stats against the demigods Sipe or Kosar. Revisionist history is funny.

25 QBs led us to 1-31 over 2 years. Baker has us at 11 wins and playoffs. I kinda don’t care if he has a QBR of 5. I’ll take the 11 wins.

Right again!

It's almost as if some portion of the fan base is so scarred that they sound like they're parroting monologue points from Rex Ryan on Baker.

The dude beat the Steelers, in the Playoffs, in their house, then came a mere 5 points shy of beating the defending Super Bowl champs in their house. What on earth is better than that for this long-suffering franchise?

FFS.

And you haven’t absolutely fucked your franchise with a stupid contract for a mouth breathing fuckwad (Cousins).

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    And you haven’t absolutely fucked your franchise with a stupid contract for a mouth breathing fuckwad (Cousins).

Ok, yes, that makes me feel better. Thanks for the kind words.

There were so many sports talking heads calling for the Browns to go out and get Kirk Cousins before drafting Baker.

E-A-G-Lose...

That was the 4th quarter. When you're bad on both sides of the ball, you prolly shouldn't taunt the guy that's been torching you all night (even if it was fairly innocuous).
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Eagles twitter is a dark place right now. If I were iggles coaching staff or front office, I wouldn't go anywhere in that town without a full on disguise.

Myles Garrett is a bad man.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  65.8 KB

I'm really glad this one is only on the radio for me today. I may just keep working around the house and hope we see some Case Keenum action in the 2nd half.

I'm pretty sure the Browns just lost 1/2 of the best running back duo in the entire league to season-ending injury.

Radio call just had Kareem Hunt getting carted off and tossing his gear to the crowd in tears.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

There can only be one great Lake Erie team at a time

RIP Browns

The good news after that fucking shitshow is that we get to drink again on Thursday. If we lose to the donkeys it’s gonna get real fucking dark in the Land…

On a + note, Baker's new commercial where he gives the kids nachos for Halloween is pretty funny.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

At least we still have the commercials.

I’m hard pressed to remember a time when injuries have just so thoroughly decimated this team. I’m used to seeing has-beens and never-will-bes trotted out there in orange and brown, but not actual starters going down one after the other like this. This linger season is gonna crush these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    At least we still have the commercials.

I’m hard pressed to remember a time when injuries have just so thoroughly decimated this team. I’m used to seeing has-beens and never-will-bes trotted out there in orange and brown, but not actual starters going down one after the other like this. This linger season is gonna crush these guys.
    Hunt announced out for multiple weeks. Waiting on Baker and OBJ's MRIs>

JOK now out for multiple weeks.

The list

OFFENSE
    Landry
    Wills
    Conklin
    Hubbard
    OBJ
    Chubb
    Hunt

DEFENSE
    Newsome
    JOK
    Malcom Smith

All but one of those guys is a starter. If we call both RBs starters, that's 6 out of the starting 11 guys on offense out if OBJ can't go. And the 7th, Baker, is a QB playing with a torn shoulder.

Landry and Chubb will be back this week.

Hope so.

Was just revealed that, after hurting his shoulder, popping it back in, and going back in the game, Baker's shoulder popped out again on a no-contact play. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't sound awesome.

Remember back before the season when there was discussion of changing the name of this thread to the "memorial" drink the depression...thread, in honor of the Brown's no longer being a shitfest?

Yeah, me neither.

Hunt announced out for multiple weeks. Waiting on Baker and OBJ's MRIs>

JOK now out for multiple weeks.

The list

OFFENSE
    Landry
    Wills
    Conklin
    Hubbard
    OBJ
    Chubb
    Hunt

DEFENSE
    Newsome
    JOK
    Malcom Smith

All but one of those guys is a starter. If we call both RBs starters, that's 6 out of the starting 11 guys on offense out if OBJ can't go. And the 7th, Baker, is a QB playing with a torn shoulder.
    Ufda, when you see it all lined up like that its anything but inspiring. Injuries are part of the game, but that's so much talent not on the field.

We will need em.

Hope so.

Was just revealed that, after hurting his shoulder, popping it back in, and going back in the game, Baker's shoulder popped out again on a no-contact play. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't sound awesome.

Remember back before the season when there was discussion of changing the name of this thread to the "memorial" drink the depression...thread, in honor of the Brown's no longer being a shitfest?

Yeah, me neither.
    Ha!

Thing is, they're not a shitshow. They're just currently disappointing and really banged up. Their 3 losses are to 3 of the best teams the league, two of those losses are by a total of 10 whole points.

I'm still with Baker, "backs against the wall, but I like our odds".

This just made me contemplate the pure joy of supporting a team lead by First Cousins. Welcome to purgatory - there's always room for one more. Worse than knowing you are bad is thinking you might be good.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Bills fan. Safe to assume we have lifetime member status in this thread?

Let’s just say it would take a lot of years with a lot of wins before the bouncer starts giving you the look.